Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 03:27 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,404,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
Do you reside on Martha’s Vineyard ? How’s the housing crisis your suffering from?
I don’t personally know you so I’m not answering any personal questions . Nice try. Enjoy your night

Interesting that you’re so concerned about me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 03:29 PM

1,467 posts, read 761,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
I don’t personally know you so I’m not answering any personal questions . Nice try. Enjoy your night

Interesting that you’re so concerned about me.
Enjoy your night. You asked for stats about crime. I provided them and you refused to even attempt to engage in a discussion and accused me of being obsessed with you . Not concerned for you. Enjoy

Old 09-25-2022, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Enjoy your night. You asked for stats about crime. I provided them and you refused to even attempt to engage in a discussion and accused me of being obsessed with you . Not concerned for you. Enjoy
Go back I didn’t ask for any stats dude I wasn’t even responding to you I was responding to Brownpine go back and check for reference / stats or whatever you need

Old 09-25-2022, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Go back I didn’t ask for any stats dude I wasn’t even responding to you I was responding to Brownpine go back and check for reference / stats or whatever you need
Sorry I was confused

This was direct at me with a quote of my post.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Still waiting on your stats that says that crime has gone up. The worse type of critic is the one who provides no information but is quick to criticize others. Carry on...

Then you quote his answer.
Quote:
They don’t have the stats apparently what people are doing now is counting what their eyes see as “stats”

They don’t want to believe it which is weird. people are complaining about crime but when faced with stats that crime is down they are mad. They WANT more crime- why? No idea
Sorry thought you was speaking to me. They pronouns can be used to identity an individual is that the confusion here ?

Old 09-25-2022, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Sorry I was confused

This was direct at me with a quote of my post.

Then you quote his answer.

Sorry thought you was speaking to me. They pronouns can be used to identity an individual is that the confusion here ?
Again I wasn’t responding to YOU. I was talking to Brownpine. I didn’t go back to see what you were talking about with Brownpine because that’s your convo with them. I was starting a new convo with Brownpine by responding to their post………..

Old 09-25-2022, 07:32 PM

621 posts, read 241,150 times
Quote:
They don’t have the stats apparently what people are doing now is counting what their eyes see as “stats”

They don’t want to believe it which is weird. people are complaining about crime but when faced with stats that crime is down they are mad. They WANT more crime- why? No idea

Totally agree. BTW, this increase reputation system stinks, IMO

Quote:
Was the nypd link about crime in other areas up dismissed ? Honestly what do those numbers mean to you? Serious question.

These are the numbers. Over the past 2 years major crime is up 34 percent

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/dow...en-us-city.pdf

It’s weird you want people to think there is less crime. Just like Martha’s Vineyard wanted the migrants and didn’t kick them out of their land.

If you read the sources I provided, you apparently jumped right over the part where the stats said the crime dropped YoY. So what do you do? Move the goal post. You go from crime is rampant (or at least you agree with this opinion) to, "did you dismiss crime in OTHER areas?

So then you ask a silly question, "what does the mean to me?" Well...if crime is down this year compared to last year, then I'm safer this year than this time last year. That's what that the numbers mean to me...and to anyone with basic unbiased common sense.

So a 34% increase in your mind = out of control crime? Looking at your pdf source, the largest increases are grand larceny (theft), robbery (theft, again), and grand larceny auto (again, theft).

So let me get this straight - theft is what's keeping you up at night? Every crime posting I see on this forum is about shootings and murder which is slowing down according to the August numbers. I am very confident that this out of control crime you were speaking of doesn't involve snatching chains or car break-ins.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:39 PM

34 percent increase in crime is an increase in crime WHEN YOU said crime is down. I said shootings are mostly targeted anyways. I said provide numbers crime isn’t out of control. You found a month over month decrease while ignoring the year over increase. I was confused.

If you think rapes felony assault robberies and burglaries increasing isn’t out of control that’s on you. Those aren’t usually targeted I believe.

Hate crime 129 percent increase also.

Old 09-25-2022, 07:44 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,262,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Totally agree. BTW, this increase reputation system stinks, IMO

If you read the sources I provided, you apparently jumped right over the part where the stats said the crime dropped YoY. So what do you do? Move the goal post. You go from crime is rampant (or at least you agree with this opinion) to, "did you dismiss crime in OTHER areas?

So then you ask a silly question, "what does the mean to me?" Well...if crime is down this year compared to last year, then I'm safer this year than this time last year. That's what that the numbers mean to me...and to anyone with basic unbiased common sense.

So a 34% increase in your mind = out of control crime? Looking at your pdf source, the largest increases are grand larceny (theft), robbery (theft, again), and grand larceny auto (again, theft).

So let me get this straight - theft is what's keeping you up at night? Every crime posting I see on this forum is about shootings and murder which is slowing down according to the August numbers. I am very confident that this out of control crime you were speaking of doesn't involve snatching chains or car break-ins.
Accusing others of "moving goalposts" and then stating "all you're worrying about is robbery being up?" is demented reasoning.

Just because you grew up in ****ed up neighborhoods or in ****ed up surroundings, doesn't mean you have to drag everyone down to your level. No matter what deranged logic you use, you won't convince the vast majority of sane individuals that an.imcreae in crime is "no big deal".

Old 09-25-2022, 07:48 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,262,642 times
Quote:
34 percent increase in crime is an increase in crime. I said shootings are mostly targeted anyways. I said provide numbers crime isn’t out of control. You found a month over month decrease while ignoring the year over increase. I was confused.

If you think rapes felony assault robberies and burglaries increasing isn’t out of control that’s on you. Those aren’t usually targeted I believe.
It's mental gymnastics to either satisfy a political agenda , their own schadenfreude, or a combination of both.

I can practically tell you these people's life story to a T without even knowing them.

This is the same dude that stated his car was broken into twice in a short span of time and he's just A-OK. Nothing wrong with it. Why don't you just roll down your windows, unlock the doors, and post a large sign in front of your car?

Old 09-25-2022, 08:17 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,981,222 times
All I can do is laugh. Guys…. MOVE. Leave the city to them.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City