Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2022, 08:06 PM

8 posts, read 3,739 times

Advertisements

Hochul stated she wants a strict one-party New York which I presume includes the citizens

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dscyPia-oUY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2022, 08:19 PM

2,627 posts, read 1,225,595 times
I think it's gotten worse.

You can see it in the tone of the discourse on this forum.

People in NYC are angry. Angrier than normal.

Old 09-28-2022, 05:23 AM

8 posts, read 3,739 times
Large swaths of inmates were released from Latin American jails and they are already in our city. They are plundering every resource they can from us. The loopholes they use were clandestinely developed by cartels and other terrorist organizations. Our entire city is invaded.

Guess it will take a year or two before it fully dawns on dim thinkers that there is no saving the state.

Old 09-28-2022, 06:53 AM

3,216 posts, read 1,679,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy-_-bloom View Post
Hochul stated she wants a strict one-party New York which I presume includes the citizens

It used to take about 2 decades for the city to switch parties. Let's hope people are smarter than being brainwashed by the left leaning media. For some cities, they've been blue for nearly 1/2 a century and not realized the incompetence of one party and now beginning to realize nothing has change and nothing will change if you keep voting the same party with the same inaction false messages.

Old 09-28-2022, 02:41 PM

2,948 posts, read 1,262,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy-_-bloom View Post

She's obviously dumb. Cuomo was actually quite politically astute. He picked a moron for a running mate so she'd never get in the way but he picked an idiot with ambition. Usually, the most dangerous type of person. Little did he know, an inside job would take him out.

Old 09-28-2022, 11:30 PM

Crime is actually getting better.

Criminals are getting MUCH BETTER at committing it out in the open!

Old 09-30-2022, 06:24 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Time for hard working New Yorker's to get up and go....................

If local government cannot respect you, the contributing member of society, respond in kind by not sustaining this sickness that has enveloped New York City's local government. Spend your money and taxes elsewhere; where you , the voter , will be heard, respected and appreciated.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:08 AM

4,198 posts, read 4,089,639 times
Saturday morning I left my car unlocked in a small Queens supermarket parking lot for five minutes and someone took worthless stuff from my car. The parking lot is in back of the store where there is no foot traffic and usually only a handful of customers at that hour. I left it unlocked because I thought it would be safe for five minutes with nothing in it. I had some free weekly newspapers that I had placed on the floor and as I was driving home I realized they were gone. When i got home I checked the car and the only other thing missing was my insurance card that was in the glove box.

I went back to the store and asked the manager to check the surveillance video and he was nice enough to do that. It showed another customer who is a regular at that store walk around my car, open the door and take out the newspapers which he dumped into a trash container. He went back to the car and that was probably when he took my insurance card. There was another car next to mine so I couldn't see exactly what he was doing. He then closed my door and took a shopping cart and went into the store to shop.

The manager and cashier said they knew the guy and he shops there every Saturday morning and seems like he's a bit "off" in the head. He's an older tall white man. I guess he's mentally ill to take free newspapers out of my car and dump them in a trash can. I don't know what he wanted with my insurance card unless he just grabbed it thinking it was a check or something.

I didn't call the police because nothing of value was taken and I did leave the car unlocked (for five minutes). I could try to confront him next Saturday if he returns but that really wouldn't accomplish anything other than the satisfaction of letting him know he was caught on video. The store manager let me put a copy of the video on my phone so I have proof I could show him but if he's mentally ill I don't know how he would react if confronted.

I will lock my car all the time from now on.

Old 10-30-2023, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinjsxx View Post
Saturday morning I left my car unlocked in a small Queens supermarket parking lot for five minutes and someone took worthless stuff from my car. The parking lot is in back of the store where there is no foot traffic and usually only a handful of customers at that hour. I left it unlocked because I thought it would be safe for five minutes with nothing in it. I had some free weekly newspapers that I had placed on the floor and as I was driving home I realized they were gone. When i got home I checked the car and the only other thing missing was my insurance card that was in the glove box.

I went back to the store and asked the manager to check the surveillance video and he was nice enough to do that. It showed another customer who is a regular at that store walk around my car, open the door and take out the newspapers which he dumped into a trash container. He went back to the car and that was probably when he took my insurance card. There was another car next to mine so I couldn't see exactly what he was doing. He then closed my door and took a shopping cart and went into the store to shop.

The manager and cashier said they knew the guy and he shops there every Saturday morning and seems like he's a bit "off" in the head. He's an older tall white man. I guess he's mentally ill to take free newspapers out of my car and dump them in a trash can. I don't know what he wanted with my insurance card unless he just grabbed it thinking it was a check or something.

I didn't call the police because nothing of value was taken and I did leave the car unlocked (for five minutes). I could try to confront him next Saturday if he returns but that really wouldn't accomplish anything other than the satisfaction of letting him know he was caught on video. The store manager let me put a copy of the video on my phone so I have proof I could show him but if he's mentally ill I don't know how he would react if confronted.

I will lock my car all the time from now on.
But culture, museums, and diversity!

Old 10-30-2023, 08:36 AM

8 posts, read 1,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2020's YouTube Vlog View Post
Crime is actually getting better.

Criminals are getting MUCH BETTER at committing it out in the open!
Where I grew was not in NY but the city was much more dangerous than here. But over the years NYC crime has CHANGED and if you look at it from the perspective of volume of crimes, yes NYC is exponentially worse today. Just walk around Manhattan and you will see more illegal aliens than any other time in this cities history.

If you count illegal aliens being here, the volume of crimes today is exponentially worse.

Illegal aliens are committing 24/7/365 crimes nonstop.

Also factor in the defunding of police and how stupid that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City