Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 03:08 PM

621 posts, read 241,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
But your link says the cops help drive it down with gun arrests. But prior you said they did nothing. And one month vs a month last year is pointless.

I said who did nothing?

Nydailynews for the month you stated has it as “Still, almost every other major crime category increased in August — continuing an alarming trend so far this year — according to NYPD stats. The Police Department classifies murder, rape, robbery, assault, burglary, grand larceny and car theft as major crimes.” “Overall, those categories increased by 26% with five of the seven major crimes seeing upticks, cops said.”

Why are we debating when you don't even know WHO you're debating with. I am not NYdailynews.

Gun arrests going up in your link doesn’t concern you at all? And shootings are usually targets. Many other crimes to be victim off. What about increase in rape? No big deal?

Nydailynews said alarming. Not us.

Your link proves media manipulation. They chose one month of a crime drop in one category while you ignore at the bottom of it is the overall increase.

Which link? The one from the NYPD - the department that is collecting the data? They are not the media.

Maybe for your next post pick a week when it was raining out this year vs last. That will cause a nice headline crime drop for you.

Still waiting on your stats that says that crime has gone up. The worse type of critic is the one who provides no information but is quick to criticize others. Carry on...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 03:14 PM

1,467 posts, read 761,476 times
You wanted a media outlet besides nypost about crime increasing. I provided one like you asked speaking about crime going up in regards to you saying prove it.

You said nothing was done when you agreed with a post 100 percent.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:14 PM

2,862 posts, read 2,404,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Still waiting on your stats that says that crime has gone up. The worse type of critic is the one who provides no information but is quick to criticize others. Carry on...

They don’t have the stats apparently what people are doing now is counting what their eyes see as “stats”

They don’t want to believe it which is weird. people are complaining about crime but when faced with stats that crime is down they are mad. They WANT more crime- why? No idea

Old 09-25-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilmoregal View Post
They don’t have the stats apparently what people are doing now is counting what their eyes see as “stats”

They don’t want to believe it which is weird. people are complaining about crime but when faced with stats that crime is down they are mad. They WANT more crime- why? No idea
Was the nypd link about crime in other areas up dismissed ? Honestly what do those numbers mean to you? Serious question.

These are the numbers. Over the past 2 years major crime is up 34 percent

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/dow...en-us-city.pdf

It’s weird you want people to think there is less crime. Just like Martha’s Vineyard wanted the migrants and didn’t kick them out of their land.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Was the nypd link about crime in other areas up dismissed ? Honestly what do those numbers mean to you? Serious question.

These are the numbers. Over the past 2 years crime is up.

https://www1.nyc.gov/assets/nypd/dow...en-us-city.pdf
I didn’t open the link & I don’t need to. I’ve seen reports about crime slowing down. If you don’t want to accept that then so be it.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I didn’t open the link & I don’t need to. I’ve seen reports about crime slowing down. If you don’t want to accept that then so be it.
So the crime report from an unbiased source you don’t accept? You said provide the stats. The stats are there you just won’t look at them

What a joke. Enjoy being in denial and not open to a logical discussion.

Old 09-25-2022, 03:23 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
The way crime stats are reported - which are most definitely UP - they can choose one segment, compare it to an amendable segment and BAM! crime is down.

I was a compstat cop over a decade ago. I know the game.

It’s sad. As I said, leave. These are the majority of voters. Remember someone who used to post here often who blamed it all on cameras?

Psssttt… i have it on good authority that the PC is about to leave for this reason. She doesn’t like the politics and lies. She’s more competent than they allow her to be. Sound familiar?

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-25-2022, 03:24 PM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times
Quote:
So the crime report from an unbiased source you don’t accept?

“Give me sources!”

Same person:

“I don’t accept your sources!”

Actually even worse: “I won’t even look at them.”

Get it now?

Leave!!!

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-25-2022, 03:25 PM

Quote:
So the crime report from an unbiased source you don’t accept? You said provide the stats. The stats are there you just won’t look at them

You seem to be the one in denial but ok lol

Old 09-25-2022, 03:26 PM

Quote:
You seem to be the one in denial but ok lol
Do you reside on Martha’s Vineyard ? How’s the housing crisis your suffering from?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City