Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 09:50 PM

621 posts, read 240,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94nasupra View Post
34 percent increase in crime is an increase in crime WHEN YOU said crime is down. I said shootings are mostly targeted anyways. I said provide numbers crime isn’t out of control. You found a month over month decrease while ignoring the year over increase. I was confused.

If you think rapes felony assault robberies and burglaries increasing isn’t out of control that’s on you. Those aren’t usually targeted I believe.

Hate crime 129 percent increase also.
You said crime is out of control and I pointed you to an NYPD source from last month that says otherwise. To repeat:
For the month of August 2022, the number of overall shooting incidents was driven down in New York City compared with August 2021, marking the fourth-lowest number of shootings for any August in the modern CompStat era. Citywide shooting incidents decreased in August by 30.3% (115 v. 165), driven by steep decreases in the Bronx, southern Queens, and northern Brooklyn. Additionally, the number of murders citywide decreased for the month by 54.2% (27 v. 59) compared to the same period last year, a sign that the NYPD’s work to eradicate violence is taking hold."

The above talks about YoY changes. Not month to month so you’re wrong here too. So you stand on your square by highlighting theft as out of control crime. I’m not buying what you’re selling. Because you’re referring to murders not robberies. How do I know? Because murders are what make the news. And murders are the crimes that are posted here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2022, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esacni View Post
It's mental gymnastics to either satisfy a political agenda , their own schadenfreude, or a combination of both.

I can practically tell you these people's life story to a T without even knowing them.

This is the same dude that stated his car was broken into twice in a short span of time and he's just A-OK. Nothing wrong with it. Why don't you just roll down your windows, unlock the doors, and post a large sign in front of your car?
Unlike you, I don’t have to worry about money. Car gets broken into? I go get it fixed same day. As for being demented because robberies or car break-ins doesn’t have me crying about “out of control crime”, I’m enjoying myself and friends at restaurants, theatres, and parks. And I’m doing it all on mass transit because driving sucks here.

Take Airborne’s advice and move. The city deserves better.

Old 09-25-2022, 10:49 PM

2,624 posts, read 1,219,929 times
Crime is so out of hand that I'm scared to go outside.

Old 09-26-2022, 06:05 AM

2,948 posts, read 1,260,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
Unlike you, I don’t have to worry about money. Car gets broken into? I go get it fixed same day. As for being demented because robberies or car break-ins doesn’t have me crying about “out of control crime”, I’m enjoying myself and friends at restaurants, theatres, and parks. And I’m doing it all on mass transit because driving sucks here.

Take Airborne’s advice and move. The city deserves better.
You're so loaded that ostensibly you don't live in a private home with a garage or can't afford to garage your car if living in an apartment. A bit odd.

Furthermore, you're a modern day Mikey Bloomberg. Loaded but just choosing to take the not too terribly on time and filthy subway everywhere.

This new meme of telling people to "just leave" isn't a legitimate argument and is pure demagoguery. It's usually the first argument of despotic regimes to citizens that are unhappy with their rule.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:01 AM

3,852 posts, read 4,520,065 times
Quote:
You're so loaded that ostensibly you don't live in a private home with a garage or can't afford to garage your car if living in an apartment. A bit odd.

Furthermore, you're a modern day Mikey Bloomberg. Loaded but just choosing to take the not too terribly on time and filthy subway everywhere.

This new meme of telling people to "just leave" isn't a legitimate argument and is pure demagoguery. It's usually the first argument of despotic regimes to citizens that are unhappy with their rule.
I'd add that most people aren't rootless cosmopolitans that can just up and leave their home town, abandoning jobs, family, friends, etc. And lol at someone that "doesn't have to worry about money" living among human refuse just so he can eat at a Michelin starred restaurant and go see Hamliton for the fifth time.

Old 09-26-2022, 11:03 AM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
Quote:

When I say it, it’s for your own good. I understand it isn’t possible for all, but at least I’m not saying it from the Governor’s point of “we hate you, leave us alone.”

I’m telling you, “Don’t do this to yourself. They suck. Leave them.”

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search

Old 09-26-2022, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
When I say it, it’s for your own good. I understand it isn’t possible for all, but at least I’m not saying it from the Governor’s point of “we hate you, leave us alone.”

I’m telling you, “Don’t do this to yourself. They suck. Leave them.”
I definitely understand where those that left are coming from. It was all directed at the clowns who want to maintain the status quo while trying to convince everyone that everything is going swimmingly and that no one should "complain".

Old 09-26-2022, 05:35 PM

Quote:
I definitely understand where those that left are coming from. It was all directed at the clowns who want to maintain the status quo while trying to convince everyone that everything is going swimmingly and that no one should "complain".

It's actually amusing to see folks triggered when someone says they don't worry about money. I don't live amongst human refuse, I don't consistently eat at Michelin restaurants, and I've only seen Hamilton twice (get it right!). Now stop pocket watching!

Telling people to leave is not a meme. It's a solution to happiness. Your family came here for a better life from their country of origin. If you now see that life has worsened to the point where you spend your waking hour complaining over the Internet, it's probably time to pick up and go someplace where you'd be happier. And I don't want to read about how job, family, blahblahblah is holding you back b/c that's just an excuse to continue lamenting. It's the same argument you apply to "welfare" folks who cannot earn more and move on to better circumstances.

While I disagree with Airborne's view of New Yorkers while wagging his finger from across the Hudson, he's right - people who love this town ... we do suck...and you ought to leave since you're so unhappy about the conditions here. What has your complaining accomplished in the N years that you've been on this forum? Absolutely....nothing!

Old 09-26-2022, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpine View Post
It's actually amusing to see folks triggered when someone says they don't worry about money. I don't live amongst human refuse, I don't consistently eat at Michelin restaurants, and I've only seen Hamilton twice (get it right!). Now stop pocket watching!

Telling people to leave is not a meme. It's a solution to happiness. Your family came here for a better life from their country of origin. If you now see that life has worsened to the point where you spend your waking hour complaining over the Internet, it's probably time to pick up and go someplace where you'd be happier. And I don't want to read about how job, family, blahblahblah is holding you back b/c that's just an excuse to continue lamenting. It's the same argument you apply to "welfare" folks who cannot earn more and move on to better circumstances.

While I disagree with Airborne's view of New Yorkers while wagging his finger from across the Hudson, he's right - people who love this town ... we do suck...and you ought to leave since you're so unhappy about the conditions here. What has your complaining accomplished in the N years that you've been on this forum? Absolutely....nothing!
You seem to take my posts to heart. I surmise it's because they hit close to home. It's seems to be mainly yourself and another poster on this board who try their utmost to convince others that reality is whatever fantasy resides in your mind. You seem to take particular umbrage when I mention the welfare state which leads me to believe that there's something personal there. Maybe there is still a bit of stigma with welfare after all?

As I've stated before, I like NYC. I may have my complaints but one has nothing to do with the other. It's like telling parents to disown their kids if there's things they don't like about their kids or vice versa. I have 2 employers and there are things I don't like about each of them. Does that mean I should quit? There are nuances to every situation and the detail is always in the nuances.

Do you know one common negative trait that many people who constantly shoot themselves in the foot have? They're impulsive. You see this all the time among people who can't get out of their own way. Hood culture is based on impulse. Your advice is based on this impulsiveness.

It's also somewhat amusing that you assume that I'm unhappy. What would lead you to that conclusion? This is a forum where people discuss issues/topics. I like to debate/discuss topics that interest me and that seem to illicit a very defensive, even conformational response from others. It's a very odd conclusion to make and I can't really help but imagine there's a bit of projection going on.

Relax. If I'm not in a rush to leave NYC (and I have the means), then why are you so eager in my place?

Old 09-26-2022, 10:00 PM

19,049 posts, read 13,964,273 times
I don’t think all NY’ers suck, just those who vote for the majority that has made it what it currently is.

Most of my family, and even my kids, still live there. It’s those who support ridiculous crap that always leads to, “we told you so.” They suck.

Need help? Click on this: >>> ToS, Mod List, Rules & FAQ's, Guide, CD Home page, How to Search
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City