Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-09-2015, 07:59 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times

Advertisements

Pg 2/2

Continued:

Residents 6 to 1, but what is also very important to understand is if you look at the cost of living and prices of Homes today Honolulu median home price could reach as high as $774k by 2015 but in 1940s just before statehood the meduim was $74,400 and in the 50s it was $103,000. So evidence proves that as time went on locals and native hawaiian where forced to leave Oahu became they could handle the cost of living and richer mainlander and foreigners have replaced them and the cycle continues with even richer people. But currently majority of ohana in Hawaii make less then 125k year but the housing is being aimed for those making 100k plus.

As of today the Median household income, 2009-2013 is $67,402

Hawaii QuickFacts from the US Census Bureau

Old 02-09-2015, 08:02 PM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Well, Native Hawaiians have access to DHHL lands.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-09-2015, 08:03 PM

Watcha gonna do if hundreds of sub market homes are offered and a bunch of people from the mainland buy them?

Old 02-09-2015, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Watcha gonna do if hundreds of sub market homes are offered and a bunch of people from the mainland buy them?
Mikala43 i don't have the answer to everything but im am just pointing out what the housing need is in Hawaii based on the stats. Also i believe military are counted in states censes if they are stationed long enough to established residence. I also believe they are countted as other housing if in baracks and in military housing either owning or renting? Not sure. Maybe one of our officer posters could tell us?

Old 02-09-2015, 08:18 PM

Here's the thing:

If you don't like something, complaining solves nothing.

If you are truly passionate about housing in Hawaii get involved with people like Habitat for Humanity, the Housing Committee in the legislature, non-profit groups.... your congressman (well not yours, ours). I know someone who started a banking thing-y for indigenous people in Alaska. Start your own financing to help people in Hawaii afford homes, move here and run for office, come up with solutions and send them to the Governor....

If you were to convince whtviper to agree with you on literally EVERYTHING, it would still change NOTHING. You post here until you die of old age and it will accomplish NOTHING.

San Francisco's market is much worse than ours, and I'm going to bet your not complaining in that forum. Yes, I know... you used to live here and that's your whole thing..... I think your kinda upset you can't afford to move back. Desirable places are ALWAYS going to cost more.

DO something or stop complaining.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Well, Native Hawaiians have access to DHHL lands.
Is there enough DHHL Lands? That haven't been sold or rentted to outside developers?

Old 02-09-2015, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Mikala43 i don't have the answer to everything but im am just pointing out what the housing need is in Hawaii based on the stats. Also i believe military are counted in states censes if they are stationed long enough to established residence. I also believe they are countted as other housing if in baracks and in military housing either owning or renting? Not sure. Maybe one of our officer posters could tell us?
Yes, we have a LOT of base housing, so that would make our ownership levels falsely low.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:30 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Here's the thing:

If you don't like something, complaining solves nothing.

If you are truly passionate about housing in Hawaii get involved with people like Habitat for Humanity, the Housing Committee in the legislature, non-profit groups.... your congressman (well not yours, ours). I know someone who started a banking thing-y for indigenous people in Alaska. Start your own financing to help people in Hawaii afford homes, move here and run for office, come up with solutions and send them to the Governor....
Or, at least visit at least once these past 40 years.

Old 02-09-2015, 08:36 PM

@Mikala43*

Lol im just passionate about my beliefs Im already involved on a local level in Hawaii with Aikea and a culture perserving group in Honolulu. Further i believe education in raising awareness is the first step to any change. Your can't change an issue if you think there is no issue. Are my views welcome?

Old 02-09-2015, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Or, at least visit at least once these past 40 years.
To be honest, ive had several oppertunities to visit or move and had the money but important life things just happened. Currently i have enough to visit and stay for a few weeks and enjoy myself(i deserve it haven't had a vacation in alongtime) or do i finally payoff the last of my obligations to my ex and my kids college education and finish off the last of my debts and be a totally debt free man? I don't have enough for both. lol story of my life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu