Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu
 [Register]
Oahu Includes Honolulu
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2015, 04:38 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,755,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Okay, I'll confess here because it is pertinent.

I dropped out after completing 9th grade (some 10th but did not complete).

I've had no problems getting ahead. I work hard and try to learn everything I can. I've never had welfare or any help. I legally became an adult right after my 16th birthday and lived on my own.

I have little toleration for those complain and look for handouts. I honestly feel it is easy to get ahead for those that are willing to apply themselves.
Ive aplied myself too and am a small business owner. But that doesn't explain why the richest 400 people in america with a population of 317 Million people own about 50% of our countries wealth. Leaving the other 316.99 million to fight over the last 50%, so i guess the other 316.99 million of us just don't apply ourselves?

Old 02-08-2015, 04:45 PM

48,525 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Ive aplied myself too and am a small business owner. But that doesn't explain why the richest 400 people in america with a population of 317 Million people own about 50% of our countries wealth. Leaving the other 316.99 million to fight over the last 50%, so i guess the other 316.99 million of us just don't apply ourselves?
I'm pretty sure none of those 400 people have stolen any wealth from me, so I'm good. What do you think they have taken from you?
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 02-08-2015, 04:52 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Correct. You didn't apply yourself. You had opportunities to get an education and for whatever reason decided not to do that. It is, what it is.

We live in a place where there is a #1, #2, #3, etc. Perhaps you are #280,000,000 or whatever. Maybe you couldn't be #1,000,000 but if you take a step back you know you could have done better than wherever you are in life.

I grew up in a trailer park and with no help from parents and applying myself I got ahead. It is what it is.

Old 02-08-2015, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
I'm pretty sure none of those 400 people have stolen any wealth from me, so I'm good. What do you think they have taken from you?
Really? Isn't a matter of perception?

Old 02-08-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
Correct. You didn't apply yourself. You had opportunities to get an education and for whatever reason decided not to do that. It is, what it is.

We live in a place where there is a #1, #2, #3, etc. Perhaps you are #280,000,000 or whatever. Maybe you couldn't be #1,000,000 but if you take a step back you know you could have done better than wherever you are in life.

I grew up in a trailer park and with no help from parents and applying myself I got ahead. It is what it is.
Hmm but you had a trailer park home to goto and parents and stability? Wonder if you would of been able to apply yourself with parents beating the $#%& out of you everyother day or losing your parents and bouncing to 30+ fosterhomes and dealing with trama that alot of the kids ive mentored had to face. Even if you applied yourself your grades still sucked from the constent moving (these are real obstacles, not growing up in a trailer park viper) Me im succesful and educated just a lousy writter.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:13 PM

749 posts, read 852,769 times
Now on to the gory details of macroeconomics, this thread has it all, snooze.......some states have or have had actual threads labeled, for example; 'Florida Chat' maybe we could use one of those........since it seems like the Same Same Same comments invade every thread......just sayin'.........

Edit, liked that last point there HBH

Old 02-08-2015, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdr22 View Post
Now on to the gory details of macroeconomics, this thread has it all, snooze.......some states have or have had actual threads labeled, for example; 'Florida Chat' maybe we could use one of those........since it seems like the Same Same Same comments invade every thread......just sayin'.........

Edit, liked that last point there HBH
Yeah sorry really in real life im a quiet, mellow person who doesn't talk alot but for some reason i get on here around the whtvipers of the world and my native blood boils lol. Sorry you have to put up wit it. Mahalo for your patience.

Old 02-08-2015, 05:49 PM

749 posts, read 852,769 times
Quote:
Yeah sorry really in real life im a quiet, mellow person who doesn't talk alot but for some reason i get on here around the whtvipers of the world and my native blood boils lol. Sorry you have to put up wit it. Mahalo for your patience.
Naw you're no more guilty of rants than the rest of us, definitely never meant to point my snark at you in particular!

Old 02-08-2015, 07:16 PM

12,120 posts, read 17,910,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Domo View Post
It does NOT work that way any more than saying you got all Fs because Sue jogged all the As.
I agree. I don't get the sense of entitlement because people do well.

I pay more in taxes than the average person in Hawaii. Yet, people who don't suceed want more. It never ends.

Old 02-08-2015, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whtviper1 View Post
I agree. I don't get the sense of entitlement because people do well.

I pay more in taxes than the average person in Hawaii. Yet, people who don't suceed want more. It never ends.
Oh really? Most of the 30+ towers going up in Kakaako for the redevelopment are for those who are making more then 125k a year? Do you think no government or tax money is being used to build, redevelop or upgrade the infrastructure so that the investors and builders can make a profit and those who are well off can have there condos? Just on infrastructure upgrades HCDA, has spent some $300 million upgrading the Kakaako infrastructure alone, thats every taxpayers moneys. But some how you believe that the investors should make max profits or this community should be limited to those who can afford it or the state should outlaw undesirables that effect profits or others perceived well off lifestyles. It in my opinion sounds like entitlement to me? If you were equal in your views entitlement

Pg 1/2
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Hawaii > Oahu