Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-10-2009, 07:03 AM

1,986 posts, read 4,068,673 times

Advertisements

Doesn't anybody get it? The father of all 14 has asked her to marry him and she refused. By being single, puts her in line to receive a LOT more money. She can't receive disibility to the extent she has if she was married, nor could she receive the SSI for the three older kids. Food stamps would be out of the question and so would a lot of public sympathy. WHAT WOULD SHE WANT A HUSBAND FOR???

Also, it would look better for her on the TV show she has in her head if she was a single mother of 14 kids doling out her imagined parental advice to America. After all, there are already married families with truckloads of kids on TV (Duggars and Jon and Kate). She had to do something to make herself unique.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2009, 07:27 AM

1,692 posts, read 3,539,521 times
BY the end of this day more will come out about this Mom. She told in the interview that she recieves no public help. But in fact she recieves food stamps and three of her kids get dissability. She said she doesn't see that as public help. She is a nut job and I pray after hearing the Grandmother and hearing her that they go in and try and remove these children. They need to talk to the 6 kids wwhich after doing NBC may be hard. They need to find out who is going to help with these babies and what income this money has to live on. She says student loans is part of her income. She has now put a cloud over the health field of these kind of procedures. Thia in time will hurt those who have followed the rules and the medical people who have done the right thing. She says she worked double shifts to save for the kids she has. She says she saved 100,00.00 Okay. She got money and instead of using on her kids she made other kids. She gets dissability for three kids. There is a good chance that some of these 8 kids would also get that as some are going to have long lasting issues if not all.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:37 AM

3,089 posts, read 8,512,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azkadellia View Post

The biggest question: The father. Apparently the same man is the sperm donor for all of them. If there were EVER a time for him to step it up...this would be it. I mean even if she doesn't want to marry him, he IS the biological father, and as such he's got a say so, unless he doesn't want that. Then again, if he knew what she was planning, he could be just as nuts as she is.
He is a sperm donor to hold him accountable would mean every single sperm and egg donor would have to be held accountable too for all the children that were brought in that way.

The people that need to support these children are the IVF doctors without a doubt. I have heard about doctors having to pay child support after botched vasectomies.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:52 AM

12,169 posts, read 17,653,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy night View Post
Doesn't anybody get it? The father of all 14 has asked her to marry him and she refused. By being single, puts her in line to receive a LOT more money. She can't receive disibility to the extent she has if she was married, nor could she receive the SSI for the three older kids. Food stamps would be out of the question and so would a lot of public sympathy. WHAT WOULD SHE WANT A HUSBAND FOR???

Also, it would look better for her on the TV show she has in her head if she was a single mother of 14 kids doling out her imagined parental advice to America. After all, there are already married families with truckloads of kids on TV (Duggars and Jon and Kate). She had to do something to make herself unique.
I hate to say it stormy night, but she did create the perfect storm. Look at Casey Anthony, most of us would agree she is guilty, yet private citizens are sending money to support her cause. I'm pretty sure Ms. Suleman will appeal to some bleeding heart organization. She has given all the children biblical names, I'll bet some off-beat religious group will end up adoring her and send her money.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:59 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,920 times
"In Nadya's view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... and the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare," he said. "They are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare."

Can someone please fill me in on how this makes any sense?

What a crock of you- know- what.

Also, when the hell did she have time to get the manicure?

And it costs about $20 to get a fill & keep those nails mantained...thus, someone is watching her children so she can get her nails done & giving her the $$ fo the manicure.

I'm a SAHM. ONe of the things that has been cut out is the manicures & pedicures. All said & done...it can run $50 + tip. That's close to a month of diapers for my 1yr old. It's a week worth of dinners. It's a month of gas for my car. I would love to be able to have that luxury, but the thing is, i've been lucky enough to realize that it is not possible nor is it healthy to have it all....

Now, all moms deserve a break & some down time. But, sorry, this woman implies she would "stop her life for her children"...I would ASSume that EIGHT BABIES in NICU would supercede a freakin manicure.

Last edited by 121804; 02-10-2009 at 08:08 AM..

Old 02-10-2009, 08:05 AM

3,842 posts, read 10,516,920 times
Besides the bad nose job & lip job, has anyone thought that she may be trying to have the "perfect" child since 3 of the 6 she already had were born with a disability?

To say she did it b/c she wanted the children to have siblings makes no sense.

And the looking to cash in PR firm declines to comment on the disabilities which is leading me to assume that this nutcase wanted a perfect child or a handful of perfect children to compensate for the ones who were born with a challenge.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:12 AM

6,764 posts, read 22,079,286 times
I think (of what I read and saw on tv) that it is the fault of the doctors who did this despite the fact this woman has 6 kids already!

The woman and her family are obviously unstable...what sort of person needs to keep having kids?

She should have had a psychological evaluation before anyone allowed her to have 8 more babies..or rather, assisted her in doing this.

Quite honestly I feel sorry for her kids. Her parents enabled her (boo hoo, she's an only child so let's have 14 kids...?).

This woman represents the WORST an only child can become...overly dependent on her parents....now 14 kids have the potential for ruined lives. Some, you say, are disabled. Out of the 8, some are bound to have learning problems at least. (being premies give them the potential for many problems).

Prevention should have been the word here, not 'terminating' already alive fetuses.

The doctors dropped the ball--big time. Who actually paid for this IVF?

Citizens of CA should be outraged...

Old 02-10-2009, 08:18 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 121804 View Post
has anyone thought that she may be trying to have the "perfect" child since 3 of the 6 she already had were born with a disability?
What are the disabilities the other 2 have? I know one is autistic...but the others...?

This just makes it worse IMO. Children with disabilities require MORE care than an average child....and she's made it clear she doesn't care very much about the first 6 anymore. In addition, a disabled child (especially an autistic one) could need support for life...even after they are grown.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:19 AM

14,975 posts, read 16,470,546 times
Quote:
"in nadya's view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... And the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare," he said. "they are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare."
lol

Old 02-10-2009, 08:23 AM

339 posts, read 1,518,803 times
Quote:
"In Nadya's view, the money that she gets from the food stamp program ... and the resources disabilities payments she gets for her three children are not welfare," he said. "They are part of programs designed to help people with need, and she does not see that as welfare."

One of the following is true:
a) she's very ignorant
b) she's very manipulative
c) she's very delusional
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Parenting