Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 AM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
We are at 674 pages.....
apologies to Flip and desertratz.....

do I have my settings set for a different number of posts per page??.....or what??.....thus, I'm only showing 225 pages in this thread???......sorry for my confusion

EDIT: I reset my settings to "forum default" from 30 posts per page....had to go search that out....sorry I assumed!

Last edited by azdr0710; 11-30-2012 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: you learn something every day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2012, 10:21 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,394,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
apologies to Flip and desertratz.....

do I have my settings set for a different number of posts per page??.....or what??.....thus, I'm only showing 225 pages in this thread???......sorry for my confusion

EDIT: I reset my settings to "forum default" from 30 posts per page....had to go search that out....sorry I assumed!
And I didn't know you could change the number of posts per page, or if I did know I'd forgotten. So, I've learned or relearned something, too!

Old 11-30-2012, 01:00 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,954,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIP66 View Post
there was a post earlier but I cannot find it about the spooky haunted house in phoenix I think over near Thomas Mall area..anyone recall the name of the place
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertratz View Post
Merryweathers Castle. Go to page 384
I think every kid who was around Phoenix during that time skulked around this place at some point. It was always purported to be haunted --- even when occupied and at least one documented murder occurred there.

It is actually called the Rancho Joaquina House and sometimes the JE Thompson House for the original owner. It was built in 1924, and had quite a colorful history. It laid vacant from the 1950s until sometime in the 70s when it was restored to its former glory. It still stands at 4630 East Cheery Lynn and is on both the National Register of Historic Places and the city's historic register.

Old 11-30-2012, 03:43 PM

76 posts, read 143,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
NW corner of MacDonald & Main St Mesa I believe...nice pic!

Old 11-30-2012, 04:03 PM

283 posts, read 880,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgb1956 View Post
NW corner of MacDonald & Main St Mesa I believe...nice pic!
Yes it is and the building and part of the sign are still there only it's something else now. I remember going to Everybody's Drug Store with my mom and dad when I was little. There was another drug store further west on Main St called "Bundy's" I believe. My folks still preferred Everybody's and dealt with them almost exclusively.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:08 PM

3 posts, read 6,606 times
Default Korrick's Building Research

Quote:
Originally Posted by roosevelt View Post
Korricks had several floors with U-shaped wooden balconies. You could stand at the railing and look down to the ground floor. This photo about 1940.

Attachment 49511
I work for the company that owns the old Korrick's building downtown at 1st St and Washington. We currently work out of the top floor. I am working on a project where we are interested in discovering as much as possible about the history of the building, gathering photos, etc. We are thinking about trying to bring back some of the history of the building in some fashion. I noticed that you had posted some images of the building inside and outside and was wondering if you could help me discover more about the building or connect me to some more resources.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:07 AM

28 posts, read 62,367 times
kind of new at this..how do you find a post where you know the subject that was discussed or a picture posted and you want to go back and find it..example I saw a picture of a baseball field and I believe it was tagged as phoenix stadium looked like it was 1940's or 50's..I have tried the search forums at the top of the page but does not work for me...ANY HELP

Old 12-01-2012, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIP66 View Post
kind of new at this..how do you find a post where you know the subject that was discussed or a picture posted and you want to go back and find it..example I saw a picture of a baseball field and I believe it was tagged as phoenix stadium looked like it was 1940's or 50's..I have tried the search forums at the top of the page but does not work for me...ANY HELP
You mean this one? Post 2397 on this page:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...l#post16441989

Old 12-01-2012, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
You mean this one? Post 2397 on this page:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/phoen...l#post16441989

I found it by doing an advanced search with "Phoenix baseball stadium remember" limited to a year ago and older, and set to show posts, not threads. There could be others, I stopped when I saw this one.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:11 AM

2,324 posts, read 7,620,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownphx View Post
I work for the company that owns the old Korrick's building downtown at 1st St and Washington. We currently work out of the top floor. I am working on a project where we are interested in discovering as much as possible about the history of the building, gathering photos, etc. We are thinking about trying to bring back some of the history of the building in some fashion. I noticed that you had posted some images of the building inside and outside and was wondering if you could help me discover more about the building or connect me to some more resources.
Here is some info and pictures:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area