Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 03:51 PM

586 posts, read 542,793 times

Advertisements

I did it at 6 PM in Feb on various days and it was 40 to 60 minutes each day to GRA,
easy peasy considering you can then walk in the door for puck drop. No parking issues,
no transit issues. And exiting and returning home would be even easier. IMO there is almost no difference for NS residents between Glendale and Downtown for hockey except taking the risk of the plague by going to the WEst Side!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleTea View Post
I did a quick Google map from DC Ranch (a random north Scottsdale place)

To Gila River Arena at 5:45 PM it is typically 45 minutes to 1 hour and 25 minutes. Route all orange/red. (shortest route 35.2 miles)

To Talking Stick Arena 35 to 55 min, all green. (29 miles)

Which would you say is easier?

Easier still, grab a park & ride and light rail down to the game (at 19th Ave & Dunlap, for example, a quick few minutes off the 51 if that is your route south) and not worry about parking downtown at all.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 11:04 PM

10,719 posts, read 20,320,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bates419 View Post
I did it at 6 PM in Feb on various days and it was 40 to 60 minutes each day to GRA,
easy peasy considering you can then walk in the door for puck drop. No parking issues,
no transit issues. And exiting and returning home would be even easier. IMO there is almost no difference for NS residents between Glendale and Downtown for hockey except taking the risk of the plague by going to the WEst Side!!!
Except North Scottsdale is large and not all of it is conveniently located off the northern part of the 101. A lot of people in North Scottsdale live near Cactus, Thunderbird, Shea etc North Scottsdale is not synonymous with Grayhawk.

Talking Stick is in North Scottsdale. Obviously anyone living in North Scottsdale is much closer to Talking Stick even during traffic than traveling to Glendale.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:46 AM

2,747 posts, read 3,322,699 times
Bickley: Shane Doan's dismissal from Arizona Coyotes has Valley reeling

Old 06-20-2017, 07:53 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,649,465 times
My fiance is a yotes fan and loved Doan, so she's devastated by the news lol

Old 06-22-2017, 12:02 AM

The media is making a bigger deal of this than the fans. The team was going nowhere with Doan. Signing him for one more year changes nothing and is a sentimental gesture at best. The team is better off cutting salary and rebuilding. They need to tank for several years to acquire some difference makers. Not getting Austin Matthews was a major fail. The team should have finished with the worst record in order to improve their chances of acquiring Matthews.

Dave Tippett is probably next on the chopping block and thank goodness. Their "no scoring all defense" style of play is boring as hell to watch. They should have gotten rid of Tip a long time ago.

That being said, I don't see the team remaining unless they work with the tribes. The state is going to provide any tax payer subsidized money to keep them. Anyone who thinks otherwise is completely clueless.

Old 06-28-2017, 01:40 PM

7,833 posts, read 4,580,702 times
Let the wagering begin... I've got $5 that says it will be within a mile of here, the just announced "The Block at Pima Center":

http://www.rossbrownaz.com/PropDocs/DOC_00071_00269.pdf

Developers break ground on The Block, largest Scottsdale retail center in five years | AZ Big Media

Heck, let's make it interesting, I'll throw in a Happy Meal it goes in across the street...

Old 06-29-2017, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Let the wagering begin... I've got $5 that says it will be within a mile of here, the just announced "The Block at Pima Center":

http://www.rossbrownaz.com/PropDocs/DOC_00071_00269.pdf

Developers break ground on The Block, largest Scottsdale retail center in five years | AZ Big Media

Heck, let's make it interesting, I'll throw in a Happy Meal it goes in across the street...
That shopping complex is so ugly. Why does everything have to be desert themed in terms of the architecture. How about some white or color. Everything is brown and tope. Yeah, I get we live in the desert but we are also the 5th largest city in the country. Show something a little more cosmopolitan.

Anyway, back to the original point, I hope it goes there but I think the owner would rather move his team to Seattle where the city is so desperate after losing the Sonics, they will give him whatever he wants. The NHL will approve because they will be keeping the team in a large U.S. market.

Old 06-29-2017, 09:11 PM

4,222 posts, read 3,747,159 times
The NHL can easily expand to Seattle without moving the yotes, they've worked pretty damn hard to keep this team here so I'd be really surorised if they give in now.

If you like lots of color hangout on Roosevelt Row, I've seen every color in the rainbow within a 1 mile radius. Scottsdale is not a fan of deviating from the approved color schemes.

Old 06-29-2017, 10:28 PM

7,833 posts, read 4,580,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locolife View Post
Scottsdale is not a fan of deviating from the approved color schemes.
You have a keen sense of understatement.

Old 06-30-2017, 01:36 AM

13,349 posts, read 7,379,677 times
Quit going to Coyote's games after they moved to Glendale maybe i'll go again if they move to Tempe. Lot of friends also I know quit going to the games after they moved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Phoenix area