Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2008, 11:41 AM
BVH

944 posts, read 606,036 times

Advertisements

LOL Guylocke. Shameless self-promotion. Ya just gotta love that! ;-)

Old 01-05-2008, 12:03 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,071,152 times
Quote:
LOL Guylocke. Shameless self-promotion. Ya just gotta love that! ;-)
LOL! You know me.

Old 01-11-2008, 01:54 PM

19 posts, read 86,645 times
Very nice looking...Both of you.

Old 01-11-2008, 07:35 PM

511 posts, read 1,937,314 times
Well, I've tried to get in touch with everyone's favorite moderator about the latest crimes I've commited, and no answer, so maybe someone can help me.

I've noticed a couple of my posts cancelled out and stamped "Orphaned". Can anyone explain please....

Old 01-11-2008, 08:28 PM

15,639 posts, read 26,263,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vwscottie View Post
Well, I've tried to get in touch with everyone's favorite moderator about the latest crimes I've commited, and no answer, so maybe someone can help me.

I've noticed a couple of my posts cancelled out and stamped "Orphaned". Can anyone explain please....
Orphaned means that you replied to someone whose post was deleted for what ever reason and the mod took yours, too, to keep the continuity flowing, instead of dealing with the myriad questions of what does that post mean and then starting the fight up all over again.

Old 01-12-2008, 01:09 PM

2,902 posts, read 10,071,152 times
Quote:
Orphaned means that you replied to someone whose post was deleted for what ever reason and the mod took yours, too, to keep the continuity flowing, instead of dealing with the myriad questions of what does that post mean and then starting the fight up all over again.
Wow, I never knew that either, thanks Tallysmom!

Old 01-13-2008, 07:51 AM
BVH

I have reported a couple of homophobic posts, and posts that directly and personally attack people (which I have RARELY done). Our "beloved" moderator's response was, and I quote:

"In fact, I think the poster may have a point when he says "get over it."

So much for "fair and unbiased" moderation!!! If your opinions are shared by the mods, you can stay and attack whomever you'd like; If not, you get infractions and/or edited.

Old 01-13-2008, 10:28 AM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
I have reported a couple of homophobic posts, and posts that directly and personally attack people (which I have RARELY done). Our "beloved" moderator's response was, and I quote:

"In fact, I think the poster may have a point when he says "get over it."

So much for "fair and unbiased" moderation!!! If your opinions are shared by the mods, you can stay and attack whomever you'd like; If not, you get infractions and/or edited.
I know I can come across as homophobic, but nothing could be further from the truth! My first love was gay, yeah, I know, "changing him" didn't work. *smile* And my dance partner for years was gay. Hell, we used to hang out at Mean Alice's in Buffalo all the time! I apologize if i've ever sounded crass about the subject, but I sometimes tend to stick my foot in my mouth and say things I totally don't mean.... However, homophobic I am not.

Old 01-13-2008, 12:16 PM
BVH

Quote:
Originally Posted by londonbarcelona View Post
I know I can come across as homophobic, but nothing could be further from the truth! My first love was gay, yeah, I know, "changing him" didn't work. *smile* And my dance partner for years was gay. Hell, we used to hang out at Mean Alice's in Buffalo all the time! I apologize if i've ever sounded crass about the subject, but I sometimes tend to stick my foot in my mouth and say things I totally don't mean.... However, homophobic I am not.
It definately was not you, sweetie! I always enjoy reading your posts. :-)

Really, I don't even care if people are pro-gay rights or anti-gay rights as it is there choice. However, on a site such as this the self-proclaimed "post Nazis" ought to be a bit more even-handed when they dole out their biased judgments as to what is appropriate or inappropriate. When somebody crosses the threshold into flat-out homophobic comments, they should be addressed. The poster I am referring to used the term "butt sex" and "perversion" over and over again in multiple posts and NOTHING was done about it.

ONE example (of many) can be found in this thread and it is STILL up after multiple reports were made regarding it by different people:
//www.city-data.com/forum/pitts...ml#post1336052

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip95 View Post
I have no beef with butt sex, but as I see it, that is basically what homosexuality boils down to.

If we strip away all of the niceties and media confusion, at it's core, homosexuality is nothing more than a sexual perversion. No different than the guy up the street who is attracted to obese women, or some one with a foot fetish, or some one else who enjoys whip and chains. It's guys who get turned on by other guys.....period.

People may try to make arguments about loving male relationships, but that's misdirection and irrelevent. I have been in plenty of loving male relationships (as have most men). Myself and my father, my best friend since grade school. I treasure all of these relationships, would do anything to maintain them, and hope they are lifelong. The difference, however, between my relationships and a homosexual relationship is.......sexual attraction and sexual acts.....That's it, nothing more. If you have butt sex you are gay, if you don't you are frat brothers.

People say...."I was born that way"....."I didn't choose this life style"....I say, huh? What does that have to do with anything? My friend has sex with sheep and he was born that way? Does that make it anything more than a sexual perversion.

Let me shock you even more...I'm all for gay marriage because frankly, I don't care what you do. Marry another man, marry your dominatrix....what's the difference. Just keep it out of my living room. I don't want my kids seeing a dominatrix or butt sex.......because that really is what we are talking about here.

Last edited by BVH; 01-13-2008 at 12:53 PM..

Old 01-13-2008, 01:48 PM

2,039 posts, read 6,323,961 times
Default oh wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVH View Post
It definately was not you, sweetie! I always enjoy reading your posts. :-)

Really, I don't even care if people are pro-gay rights or anti-gay rights as it is there choice. However, on a site such as this the self-proclaimed "post Nazis" ought to be a bit more even-handed when they dole out their biased judgments as to what is appropriate or inappropriate. When somebody crosses the threshold into flat-out homophobic comments, they should be addressed. The poster I am referring to used the term "butt sex" and "perversion" over and over again in multiple posts and NOTHING was done about it.

ONE example (of many) can be found in this thread and it is STILL up after multiple reports were made regarding it by different people:
//www.city-data.com/forum/pitts...ml#post1336052

I'm speechless...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh