Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2010, 02:32 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times

Advertisements

I have matches in my drawer, are they considered firearms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2010, 02:44 PM

10,029 posts, read 8,351,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Well, yeah, you are probably more correct since that was back in 1976.

I moved there in Fall, December really from Miami, so things are probably different now. Read up in about that time for Chief Radick from manchester which has also changed to Manchester by the Sea. I still have that permit somewhere. It cost 10 bucks back then.

The desk Sgt sure was surprized on day 3 when I walked in asking for the envelope with my name on it on the chief's desk. I opened that in front of him, and he was even less smug.

Perhaps since I had 1/2 dozen hand guns then, it made some difference. The chief was in the mind that I wanted to buy a hand gun, and did a turn around when he understood I had some. None were fit for SD carry.

I felt bad for Radick, and assume he was very ill, but never the less that paper was worthless. He would have commited this sucide in 1977 sometime.

I live in NH now steady, and here the permit is 10 bucks still. You only need it to carry a loaded handgun in a moving vehical. So far as I know it is illegal to carry any long gun loaded in a moving vehical, which pretty much boils down to the engine running.

I know nothing about all the lettery things you mentioned.

In NH we can have full auto guns and silencers, plus switch blades. I can't afford the tax stamp or the ammo for full auto weapons, but if I could I could own them. My sone has that stamp for a silencer he fits to 2 different guns, and a switchblade made by HK I bought for him. He is headed to the middle east soon.

( I don't see those signs anymore on I-90. I don't know why, but my best guess is Mass found out they can't stop anyone from passing thru with guns. There is a fedral law that says you can. According to the Feds I can be legal where I am, travel to somewhere, a place I will be legal like a shoot I guess, and then return home, where I am still legal.))

Man.....you're rambling. You made it sound like someone attacked and killed him before and now it was a suicide. I can't find any record of it either way. How does a firearms permit stop a suicide anyway? That sort of story would be out there somewhere 1976 or not.

Last edited by Rick Roma; 11-03-2010 at 03:28 PM..

Old 11-03-2010, 03:58 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
RR, That chief of Police blew his brains out with his side arm. That is all I said, and to me the whole paper permit system is BS in the highest order bar none. Whether or not you can find anything on it from 76 isn't my fault. I moved back to NE in Dec 76. I recall that easy because on New Years Eve I was on top of Mt Washinton.

A trip like that sticks in your head and I got pics to prove it.

There is nothing in the CONS about permits, or fees for permits or getting approved by some cheif of police who is as at risk of blowing his own brains out as any one else.

I ramble and I don't type for chit. You don't like that, then don't read me.

What modern man does and what I do are 2 very different things.

Sure I don't type, but I start fire by bow drill, can make stone tools and I sure don't worry about much.

I still got that more than useless permit around here somewhere too. Its a hunk of modern man's useless paper. It means nothing.

I have a new one in my wallet fron NH, which is equally worthless, and when it costs more than 10 bucks for 4 years worth I will just skip it and carry any place i want like I do now any way.

Over the weekend I was armed in Mass Oh Dear Me....... In 05 into 06 I was on the road hitting 40 states and I was armed in all of them. I do not recognise anything but Shall Not be Infringed.

And what I said is this, "A littler bit later, assuming the chief also had a permit, he was found dead, shot right thru the head with his service sidearm. " Looks like sucide to me.

You don't get found dead shot with your own side arm much, and have it NOT be sucide.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
I don't see a need for tools. I do things with my own two hands.
Well you sure can't troll with out a PC.......... That's a tool too.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:12 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,676,881 times
1) it's not trolling.

2) it's a toy, not a tool.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_J View Post
It's funny to watch the new guys "debate" with TKramer. Most of us gave up a long time ago.
LOL, Yeah well every once in a while I like to send TK a message to see if he landed on Earth yet.

So far I have met lots of guys who can pull a spike from a plank with their bare hands, but as of today I have never seen one drive a spike into a plank with out a HAMMER.

Me: I am all about tools. With the right tools I can make guns, or clothing, or work stone to be gun flints, and or spear heads, arrow heads, and or wooden boxes in 3 centuries.

Pretty much it takes tools to make tools, and the right fire, and or hammer makes many of them.

Of course TK doesn't need any tools, because he doesn''t make things other people use, because he never see's other people, and for all I know doesn't use that tool called money to pay taxes, since where ever he is in Fla is a island, a very remote desert island inhabited by blow up dolls and TK only!

Old 11-03-2010, 04:55 PM

6,391 posts, read 5,171,011 times
Default defense

Quote:
I'm in a position to defend myself--I just choose to do it without a gun or other weapon.
Please tell me how you plan on defending yourself from an armed intruder when you are 20 ft away? You can get shot in the back while running away, or drilled between the horns when you try to rush them. I don't care HOW good you are at unarmed combat, if you are not close enough to utilize it, it's no good.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:59 PM

Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuling View Post
I have matches in my drawer, are they considered firearms?
Not really, just an arson suspect. <G>

Old 11-03-2010, 05:03 PM

Default Wrong again

Quote:
1) it's not trolling.

2) it's a toy, not a tool.
It depends what use you put the computer to, in most cases, in my hand's, it's a tool, but then I work in IT.

Old 11-03-2010, 06:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallaby View Post
In This Thread: paranoia and internet tough-guys.

Gun enthusiasts all seem to have this prevailing mindset in which everyone else is out to "get them" and the only way to defend against this is to own seven guns, maybe a grenade or two. Some points they make are valid, but what perplexes me is this sense that not only does the constitution give you the right to wield firearms, but somehow it extends to "shoot whoever I want if they look at me funny." "OH NO, the LIBERALS are here to take our weapons and make us gay!!! Let's SHOOT them!" Did you know that we put people away for life in prison for murder? When was the last time anyone broke into your double-wide trailer trying to steal your collection of Nascar posters?

How about this for a law: Anyone who brags about having guns, we SHOOT THAT PERSON. Sound fair?
such tripe. does your mother know you are using the computer?

Quote:
That being said, I believe everyone should have the right to own firearms, and to carry them concealed. Criminals are going to do so anyway, so there's no point in outlawing it for everyone else. Police are a joke; they're too busy busting pot dealers and writing speeding tickets and it's impossible for them to get to the site of a robbery on-time. "Should each household be armed" is up to opinion. I don't mind if a capable neighbor who responsibly handles his firearms owns one, but living next to a careless neighbor who doesn't lock his guns and keeps them loaded all the time would have me putting up a "for sale" sign in my yard.
so you think that all firearms should be locked up in safes? is yours? are you going to ask mr criminal when he breaks into you house late at night to wait until you get your gun out of the safe?

Quote:
Training and gun-knowledge are important for owners, but I read somewhere in the beginning of this thread about a guy training his 5-year-old daughter to handle a gun. Really? So she's five years old and trained with a tool capable of murder. Hope she doesn't get into any arguments in school, she just might take it with her!
as far as i am concerned, the child should be learning how to safely handle a firearm at that age. it really does cut down on the rate if children getting killed because they dont know anything about firearms, and they manage to get a hold of the parents gun and play with it as if it were a toy. i learned to shoot when i was quite young as well, perhaps only a year or two older than the girl you are talking about, and i have yet to kill anyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies