Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2011, 03:25 PM

417 posts, read 365,829 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
So someone could have a meal in a restaurant and based on how the wait staff sizes you up, will "mess with your food" based on how they THINK you will tip them?

Because it never occurred to me that the "messing with food" would occur while I was eating for no reason at all?

It seems pathological to "mess with someone's food" in a restaurant just for the hell of it. People like that need therapy.

People who are obnoxiously rude usually get their food messed with, not people who come in based on their looks. If you go into an establishment and start insulting the intellectual capabilities of servers with names like idiot and stupid, or talk to your server like they are lower than your dog, then expect your food to get ****ed with at certain restaurants that might not have as stringent of rules or stringent managers. It happens all the time at various restaurants.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:26 PM

417 posts, read 365,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
yea. what happens if akrunner spits in the food, but then gets a good tip? damage has been done already. give people a chance for god sakes.
I've never spat in someones food or did anything to someones food I wouldn't want done to mine, I'm just saying it happens.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:31 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,458,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
People who are obnoxiously rude usually get their food messed with, not people who come in based on their looks. If you go into an establishment and start insulting the intellectual capabilities of servers with names like idiot and stupid, or talk to your server like they are lower than your dog, then expect your food to get ****ed with at certain restaurants that might not have as stringent of rules or stringent managers. It happens all the time at various restaurants.
It's quite easy. If you are treated like garbage. Don't serve the table.

If you don't serve the table. Someone else will, or the manager will show them the door if they have any integrity.

But to do unhygienic things to someone's food as they wouldn't have any idea of it, seems childish, passive aggressive and psychologically disturbed.

Vile and disgusting to do things to someones food. I don't eat in "family style" restaurants very often. I wouldn't dream of treating someone with no respect, wouldn't even occur to me. If I'm having a lousy day no reason to take it out on the waitstaff. I will say I have been sized up by servers in the past and treated like garbage for no reason at all and when that happens I'll take it as a hint from now on to order nothing and leave.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
This is not even worth reading nor my time. These issues, should not be happening today here and now in almost 2012.

Are we moving ahead, or are we going backwards as a Nation?

Old 11-29-2011, 04:10 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
This is not even worth reading nor my time. These issues, should not be happening today here and now in almost 2012.

Are we moving ahead, or are we going backwards as a Nation?
Sadly, it's hard to tell sometimes.

Old 11-29-2011, 04:31 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AKrunner88 View Post
OMG, you sound so very bitter and cynical. I have never seen waitstaff treated or spoken to in that manner and I go out a lot. Not saying that it doesn't happen but my word that is harsh. I am thinking that you probably need to change to a different, more upscale type of restaurant if that is the type of treatment that you are being subjected to on a regular basis. Or maybe it is time to move on to a different line of work.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:12 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i still think if you go into it with the mentality you arnt going to get anything, your not going to get anything. it will show through, even if you appear to come across as kind and courteous. its human nature.

go in with a positive attitude, and you'll get positive results.

what restaurant do you work at?
I agree with this and after I gained some experience I took this approach. Still it can only take you so far. Some customers will work your last nerve no matter how sunny your disposition.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:41 PM

300 posts, read 250,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
Wow. You and your friend should be in jail.

Lol exactly what should we be in jail for?

More specifically, why should my friend be in jail? For refusing to pay out a significant amount of money to a woman who left him for another man and as a result of the divorce, was awarded a good size chunk of his income?

You think we belong in jail for refusing to pay into a criminally corrupt system?

Old 11-29-2011, 05:42 PM

2,313 posts, read 2,507,317 times
I think the reason why blacks don't tip alot is because we don't know that the server is making $2.00 or min wage. When you go into a restaurant how many black waiters or waitresses or bartenders do u actually see? Most blacks who work at restaurants are in the kitchen.

Old 11-29-2011, 05:46 PM

8,515 posts, read 16,188,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Sounds like a personality issue. I'm not hearing discrimination.

Although the general reputation in the restaurant industry is that blacks are horrible customers and servers of all races try to minimize their exposure to black patrons. When I waited tables during undergrad, servers used to call Black patrons "Canadians" and pay hostesses not to seat Blacks in their section. Ironically this was done mostly black servers who did this as the white servers still operated under the illusion that all customers were equal.

I find it hard to believe a restaurant manager in this day and age would be so bold as to assign a server a black section but I guess it's possible if the other servers are finding ways not to serve them.
Man, this doesn't even sound true. YOU have a problem with blacks. This has to be the dumbest post that I've read today. It realy is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies