Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-31-2012, 06:22 AM

9,008 posts, read 13,846,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I agree with RP on this issue, prohibition creates criminals. It's one of the areas that needs to be addressed.
So do you think with the drug laws out,that the rate of black men in prison will go down considerably?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2012, 06:31 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
This is intriguing. Is there a video available of this research or experiment? Maybe a published article on their findings? I'd love to read it.
Google it. It also helps if you grew up in a black community or have spent significant time in a black community. If you haven't, no offense, but you really have no clue of the mindset of the black community.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
So do you think with the drug laws out,that the rate of black men in prison will go down considerably?
I definitely do. Crime as a whole (regardless of race) would go down significantly. We'd also save thousands of Mexican lives a year. The Drug War is financially draining this country and doing nothing to stop the use of drugs. All it does is inflate the prices and flood our jails.

See Portugal for a great example of how a change in drug policy can actually lower its use and greatly reduce crime rates. They chose to legalize everything and heavily fund rehab, counseling, etc.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:42 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
Quote:
Forget black, let's talk all men. Probably would reduce the men in prison but only time would tell. Prohibition of alcohol created the Gangsters of the 30's but when they legalized it just caused the Mob to shift to other illegal activities.

Would black or white men in jail no longer be there or would they be there for other criminal activities ?

I think many would be there for other criminal activities.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:57 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,013,265 times
Legalizing drugs may curb the crime, but at what price? More junkies? I think the social costs would be enormous.

Old 03-31-2012, 06:59 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,929,680 times
I don't care what the statistics say, Trayvon was an innocent African American child with a promising future assasinated in cold blood by a white coward with a gun....who is of course "hiding"....cause that's what cowards do.

Old 03-31-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Legalizing drugs may curb the crime, but at what price? More junkies? I think the social costs would be enormous.
Ten Years After Decriminalization, Drug Abuse Down by Half in Portugal - Forbes

Decriminalizing Drugs in Portugal a Success, Says Report - TIME

Old 03-31-2012, 08:25 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,226,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradyBaaBaa View Post
Bill Cosby told the blacks what they needed to do and they hate him for it.
So have black intellectuals like Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams and author and talk show host Larry Elder. These men have delivered the message of individual responsibility and deplore the mindset of entitlement and victimology that is so pervasive in black communities. With some exceptions, their efforts have been mostly ignored and scoffed at by blacks.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:37 AM

5,391 posts, read 7,232,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I've stated my views repeatedly. Once again however you all are not my community. I've made the conscience decision not to get mixed up with you all. Sure I travel in circles of educated African Americans so I know not all are far gone but at the end of the day you all aren't my people. I wish you luck in fixing your problems.
So you're as bad as any bigot who just wants to denigrate a group of people and not see them as fellow humans. It's obvious why you continue your campaign of disparaging black Americans - by virtue of your skin color, you ARE associated with the black community in the eyes of others, and it kills you. I bet you scrub with bleach every day.

I'm white, btw. And my community includes people of all colors and assorted nationalities.

Old 03-31-2012, 08:40 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,912,063 times
Quote:
Guess you never watched "To catch a predator".

Why doesn't the media ever deal with the fact white men commit child molestation 10x the rate of blacks?
Can you prove that whites PER CAPITA are 10 times more likely? Oprah was raped by a family member at age 14: he was def a child molester. Many Black girls get raped and it's mostly by Black males.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies