Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 08:54 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""Disagreeing isn't hate but feeling that SOME certain people that you don't agree with shouldn't have equal rights is certainly a form of hate......why else would you want to deny them the same rights other Americans have???"""

You have NO ability to answer that question.
Who is this that's denying you rights? you have the same rights as I do. if your not marrying for love you shouldn't be marrying because that's just stupid.
You have no ability to understand, see I can do it too. Childish of you.

Old 07-02-2012, 09:09 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,144,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
Who is this that's denying you rights? you have the same rights as I do. if your not marrying for love you shouldn't be marrying because that's just stupid.
You have no ability to understand, see I can do it too. Childish of you.
?? Why are you making this all about me???? That's not the topic.

I never said anyone denied me my rights...are you hallucinating?

The government is denying homosexuals their rights....haven't you heard? Hint: it's in this thread and all over the news...

The question you refuse to address is:

"""Disagreeing isn't hate but feeling that SOME certain people that you don't agree with shouldn't have equal rights is certainly a form of hate......why else would you want to deny them the same rights other Americans have???"""

Old 07-02-2012, 10:15 AM

813 posts, read 2,031,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Nobody is advocating making homosexuality illegal.

But gay marriage will be legal sooner or later. I still don't understand why the gay community will not accept civil unions as a stepping stone, providing that they offer 100% of the benefits of heterosexual marriage, nothing less. The gay community cries separate but equal on that one, but if its mandated that same-sex civil unions has 100% of the rights of heterosexual marriage then what is the real problem? Its for this reason I don't think its necessarily the marriage benefits the gay community is after but the very word "marriage". It is coming, but a large number of Americans are still uncomfortable with labeling anything "marriage" other than the union of one man and one woman. Civil unions on the other hand would be more likely to gain enough support to get passed in many states and possibly even on the federal level.
While I think many gay people see civil unions as a great step in the right direction, one is kidding themselves to believe that any group would simply be content with some separate and lesser status. Here is clean and concise breakdown of the fundamental differences between civil marriage and civil unions.

Simply put, I'm not going to just go sit and shut up because a bunch of overzealous religious people don't want to treat my relationship with the same dignity of theirs. Period. It isn't going to happen. If someone is so sick of hearing LGBT people complain, then their best bet is to stop wasting their time, energy and money fighting against others who do not affect their life in any shape or form.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:21 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,449,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And now you've officially become unhinged. Congratulations!

I think if you could find YOURSELF a more fulfilling sex life, you'd spend less time worrying and thinking about everyone elses.

It's no surprise that the biggest anti-gays on this board are bitter single or divorced women, and old men who lost the ability long ago.
I'm none of any that you described.

Not single, not old, not bitter, not divorced, and not an old man.

It ain't NORMAL for men to desire other men sexually.

It ain't NORMAL for women to desire other women sexually.

It's AB-NORMAL.

Spoiler
One word for you...Prolapse. That doesn't come from normal sexual activity. It ain't normal when heteros do it either.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:30 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,363,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tvdxer View Post
Most opponents - at least those that are vocal or organized - do NOT hate gays, just as most proponents do not hate straights. They simply believe homosexual acts (not the "orientation" or attraction) are immoral, and should not be enshrined in one of our country's institutions.
One site I found with a quick search said that one or both spouses had admitted to infidelity in 41% of US marriages. I'd say the 'immorality enshrined in an institution' ship sailed a long time ago.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:31 AM

190 posts, read 301,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Ironically, nothing.

The greatest advancements in individual rights and liberties has occurred as those nations pushed aside the yolk of government by religion, and became SECULAR in nature.
Ironically it only happened in countries based on Christian tradition... Of course you fail to see a connection but that's OK. Everybody has an agenda. Just try your civil freedoms in non-Christian countries.

Old 07-02-2012, 10:32 AM

190 posts, read 301,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Marriage laws in this country are quite young. Tradition has no place within our current legal apparatus if inequality goes hand-in-hand with it. ESPECIALLY religious tradition.
So maybe we should legalize polygamy and marriage between siblings. If doing away with the Christian tradition let'd do away with all of it, right? LOL

Old 07-02-2012, 10:36 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,247,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post
While I think many gay people see civil unions as a great step in the right direction, one is kidding themselves to believe that any group would simply be content with some separate and lesser status. Here is clean and concise breakdown of the fundamental differences between civil marriage and civil unions.

Simply put, I'm not going to just go sit and shut up because a bunch of overzealous religious people don't want to treat my relationship with the same dignity of theirs. Period. It isn't going to happen. If someone is so sick of hearing LGBT people complain, then their best bet is to stop wasting their time, energy and money fighting against others who do not affect their life in any shape or form.
When it comes to changing the definition of an institution that has been one of the pillars of society for centuries, sometimes baby steps are necissary. You can't change the fact older generations and traditionalists and religious people are uncomfortable with such a change. If you want to compare this with the African American civil rights movement, remember that it took over a century to go from slavery to full equal rights nationwide. Now I am not a big fan of comparing gay rights to African American civil rights simply because black is a physical characteristic and gay is mental, but it's the closest comparison we have in modern times. The LGBT movement is progressing much faster due to the media and entertainment industry, an advantage African Americans didn't have, but it's still going to take time.

Old 07-02-2012, 11:29 AM

11,466 posts, read 19,347,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
?? Why are you making this all about me???? That's not the topic.

I never said anyone denied me my rights...are you hallucinating?

The government is denying homosexuals their rights....haven't you heard? Hint: it's in this thread and all over the news...

The question you refuse to address is:

How am I denying anyone rights? Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I've denied anyone rights, Are you Hallucinating? We all have the same rights

Old 07-02-2012, 11:40 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,449,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesjow View Post

So why doesn't the homosexual community just try and get the same things under civil unions instead of declaring it marriage? Why do you guys want to treat people in civil unions not equal? It's the same thing, you say you (homosexuals) aren't being treated equally, what about people in a civil union? Do they not count as equals like you try to say you are?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies