Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2012, 03:01 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
"A friend".... or your WIFE/someone you lived with for YEARS in a relationship?

You see no difference? "So what?" is your response. How incredibly lame.

You disagree with the characteristics of the people who want to enter into the marriage contract, which is otherwise open to any number of disturbing combinations including 93 year olds marrying 18 year olds, cousin marriage and marriage of minors "with parental consent."

The fact that you have no rational basis for "disagreeing" with SSM... something that does not affect you, your own marriage, or your own rights one iota, makes you a hater.

Why don't you and others just own up to it? Why does it bother you so? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
Because it's abnormal.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:02 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
If I supported a law banning straight couples from contracting a civil marriage, thereby denying heterosexuals access to the 1400 civil rights of civil marriage, would I not be called a heterosexual hater?

If I supported a law banning Christians from contracting a civil marriage, thereby denying Christians access to the 1400 civil rights of civil marriage, would I not be called a Christian hater?

If I supported a law banning Jewish people from contracting a civil marriage, thereby denying them access to the 1400 civil rights of civil marriage, would I not be called a Jew hater?

If I supported a law banning black people from contracting a civil marriage, thereby denying them access to the 1400 civil rights of civil marriage, would I not be called a racist black hater?

I certainly would be called a hater, and it would be fitting. Why is it when you replace straight/Christian/Jewish/black with "gay" it's not hate but simply a disagreement or opposition?
I don't call anyone a hater, it's a childish thing to do, being opposed or disagreeing does not equal hate.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:06 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,411,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Because it's abnormal.

YAWN.

You're like a broken record. A wrong broken record playing the "best of" hits from the 1950s.... so out of date it's painful.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:07 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Because it's abnormal.
But if it's genetic, it's natural.

How can you say natural is abnormal?

Assuming you're hetero, did you become that way by choice?

Do you really believe you could choose to be other than what you are?

Old 07-02-2012, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I don't call anyone a hater, it's a childish thing to do, being opposed or disagreeing does not equal hate.
It's actually more childish to think that your personally held beliefs on sexual morality should be used as the basis to restrict the liberties of other adult, consenting citizens.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But if it's genetic, it's natural.

How can you say natural is abnormal?

Regardless if it's genetic, or somehow a function of hormone exposure in the womb, or whatever...the prevailing opinion is that homosexuality is a normal expression of human sexuality. It's EXPECTED in nature and in humans.

LuckyGem is a graduate of the University of Wikipedia and Right Wing Blogs, however, so she rejects science in favor of her feeeeeeelings.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:09 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,355,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
"A friend".... or your WIFE/someone you lived with for YEARS in a relationship?

You see no difference? "So what?" is your response. How incredibly lame.

You disagree with the characteristics of the people who want to enter into the marriage contract, which is otherwise open to any number of disturbing combinations including 93 year olds marrying 18 year olds, cousin marriage and marriage of minors "with parental consent."

The fact that you have no rational basis for "disagreeing" with SSM... something that does not affect you, your own marriage, or your own rights one iota, makes you a hater.

Why don't you and others just own up to it? Why does it bother you so? If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...
So what if it's a life long friend? we could make up many examples.

I never said I disagree with anything, I'm just staying on the topic your just being paranoid, I haven't denied you or anyone else anything and it doesn't bother me in the least, I find it funny.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:11 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
I've been denied to see a friend so what,
Gays have been denied being at the deathbed of their loved ones. So what, right?

Quote:
Being opposed to something does not equal hate.
You may be right, but that doesn't make it any less of a moral failing.

People being against women given the vote probably didn't hate women. They just considered them inferior beings whose wishes shouldn't be taken too seriously, who'd be much happier if they'd just stay in their place and whose attempts at changing thousands of years of tradition really were growing tiresome.

Compared to that flavor of spit-warm contempt, I can at least muster a modicum of respect for those who dare to enter into the fray because they fell passionately about it, as misguided as they may be. The hanger-ons will abandon the case the second they no longer feel the thrill on being on the winning side and never talk of it again.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:14 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Because it's abnormal.
So's actively working to make sure people you've never met unhappy, but nobody is arguing that you shouldn't have the right to do so.

Old 07-02-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
So what if it's a life long friend? we could make up many examples.

.... and none of your lifelong friends would be the same as the bond you share with your SPOUSE, correct?

I fail to see your point here. JJrose discussed a situation where she was locked out of being by the side of her PARTNER... not a buddy, not a fishing pal, not her best friend from middle school.

Imagine you went to the hospital and they said, "sorry sir, we don't recognize your marriage. You can't see your wife whose just been in a terrible car accident?"

You're telling us you're reaction would be, "Oh, no big deal, this is just like the time they wouldn't let me in to see my barber back when he had surgery last year?"

Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog
I never said I disagree with anything, I'm just staying on the topic your just being paranoid, I haven't denied you or anyone else anything and it doesn't bother me in the least, I find it funny.

There's nothing "funny" about it. You and others take liberties with the lives of other people and families. If you work and speak AGAINST freedom for gay people to enter into the marriage contract, then you ARE part of the problem and you ARE denying people their liberties and rights.

People you don't even know, because you can't fathom "live and let live." You cannot fathom living with freedom of choice. Just because they don't live, look or think like you!

Remember that on the 4th when you're paying lipservice to what a good, freedomloving American you are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies