Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 12:16 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,816,879 times

Advertisements

I love CANADA. When I need a gun I can get the best fire power available. I just get on the phone and it's delivered in under a minute...along with experts who know how to use them...They are called police. Americans like their toys. That's fine but be careful you don't get hurt...or hurt someone else- It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye...............or a life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 12:21 PM

977 posts, read 763,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
I love CANADA. When I need a gun I can get the best fire power available. I just get on the phone and it's delivered in under a minute...along with experts who know how to use them...They are called police. Americans like their toys. That's fine but be careful you don't get hurt...or hurt someone else- It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye...............or a life.
It takes less than a minute for someone to enter your home and attack you. The cops will carry your carcass away in a bag.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:35 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,084 times
Quote:
The average response time in Canada for priority one calls (13 minutes) is worse than the US. What could a rapist in your house do in 13 minutes?
911 response time slowing: union

I'll keep my gun, thank you.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:53 PM

510 posts, read 888,881 times
Even with open cylinder on an 18 inch barrel, a load of 12 gauge 00 buck barely patterns at the size of your fist at 10 yards (30 feet). Not a whole lot of houses out there with shots indoors where you would be beyond that range.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:54 PM

46,263 posts, read 27,085,436 times
Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/06/28/po...otus.html?_r=0

A little reading for ya....

Old 04-22-2013, 01:01 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,107,428 times
I use trap doors and gorillas.

Old 04-22-2013, 02:17 PM

1,922 posts, read 2,777,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
This is a question. Don't get your panties in a wad if i don't use terminology you like.

Seems to me that shouldn't i be very concerned as in scared ****less should some one other than me be doing a home defense with a rifle?Years ago as like in the early 70's a friend had a AR-15 that was .223 caliber. He shot it right through a Bridge beam that was very thick from an old torn down bridge.
I am thinking that when someone starts shooting a rifle in housing or apartment areas then a lot of holes can be punched through walls( of people not involved other than living next door). Am i right?
Generally speaking, a .223 AR-15 isn't a great close quarters home defense weapon. But it's also wise to point out not everybody in this country lives in an apartment or highrise or high density housing. Some people live out in the sticks, and a .223 AR-15 is a fantastic firearm (albeit too small a caliber IMHO) to protect one's property with.

Old 04-22-2013, 08:16 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,077,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDASpaceman View Post
Why limit yourself? My neighbor protects himself with "hopes and prayers"...the rest of us have varied handguns and shotguns. We figure with him praying...and the rest of us 'defending'--we are in great shape.

To each his own.

Best of luck!
In the state I currently live in,I think should I ever have the misfortune of having to dust someone in my home the prayers would be more useful after the fact unless I actually had a bullet wound(fresh one that is) or a knife sticking out of my leg when the law got there..this is one ratty arsed state for protecting yourself in.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:26 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,092,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
I would think that anyone that has a "home defense" shotgun and has to work the action to chamber a round after an intruder is in the house...has watched too much TV. Why give up 1 round of an already very limited magazine capacity? And why advertise your location to an intruder? No question about the effectiveness of a 12 ga though.
This ^^^^

Condition 1 24/7 on the FNP45 (14+1) & 5+1 on the Remington 1100 tactical w/ Winchester PDX1 for downstairs, #4 on the Mossy SA-20 upstairs.

But if I had to use a semi auto rifle, it would be my MP-5.

Old 04-22-2013, 09:29 PM

15,831 posts, read 14,469,933 times
That'll do you a fat lot of good if the bad guy carves you (or your wife, or your kid) up before the cops get there.

Remember, when seconds count, the police are minutes away.

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies