Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2013, 07:27 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Surrrrrrre you didn't.
You just post link after link to videos espousing that that theory.

Or are you saying that you just post bullsh*t that even YOU don't believe?
If so, WHY did you post it?
I mean, YOU posted links to those "the dollar will collapse" videos. You either BELIEVE that or your posts are just deliberate BS. It's one or the other.

Ken
Just like the other goldbug who refused to answer questions to back his theories up, I think we've figured out the theoretical limitations of goldbugs in general. Their theories have not come to pass, and will not come to pass. The only thing the goldbugs have got right was that the real estate bubble was going to pop, but everyone that wasn't so emotionally invested into their portfolio would have figured that out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2013, 06:34 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,547,627 times
Quote:
I've not lost a thing in gold. As usual, you don't have clue. I'm simply one who's old enough to have seen all this play out before and seen the damage that "gold fever" caused LAST TIME around. It'll be no different THIS TIME around either. If you are clever enough or lucky enough to get in and get out while gold is riding up then good for anyone who does - but the whole gold bug "gold is the only real money", "gold can't crash" BS is just that - ignorant BS. Gold is simply a commodity - and like any commodity, it can go up quick and come down just as quick (and it does and will). There's NOTHING somehow "magical" about gold that renders it immune to the same fads and manias that happen to other commodities.

Ken
Why do you keep attributing quotes to me that I've never written?

For example, when did I write that gold was "magical"?

And of course gold can "crash"; who said it couldn't???

If you're going to obsessively attack gold holders at least be accurate about what they've said.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Just like the other goldbug who refused to answer questions to back his theories up, I think we've figured out the theoretical limitations of goldbugs in general. Their theories have not come to pass, and will not come to pass. The only thing the goldbugs have got right was that the real estate bubble was going to pop, but everyone that wasn't so emotionally invested into their portfolio would have figured that out
What "theories" are you talking about?

I think the anti-gold crowd hates to actually listen to what gold realists say and just make up their own imaginary "gold bug" templates and stereotypes.

I guess its easier to debate a straw-man than a real person, huh?

Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Surrrrrrre you didn't.
You just post link after link to videos espousing that that theory.

Or are you saying that you just post bullsh*t that even YOU don't believe?
If so, WHY did you post it?
I mean, YOU posted links to those "the dollar will collapse" videos. You either BELIEVE that or your posts are just deliberate BS. It's one or the other.

Ken
You claimed I said the dollar will collapse.

But you have no evidence that I ever said that.

Don't try to backtrack now.

If you have a problem with what somebody said in some video then you need to contact that person and whine to them.

Old 05-23-2013, 07:54 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
You claimed I said the dollar will collapse.

But you have no evidence that I ever said that.

Don't try to backtrack now.

If you have a problem with what somebody said in some video then you need to contact that person and whine to them.
In other words you are now taking NO responsibility for WHAT YOU POST (YOU posted the link - it didn't "magically" appear there).
So much for the philosophy of "personal responsibility".
More like the philosophy of "it's only personal responsibility when it's SOME OTHER person".
It's pretty dang sad when you won't even stand up for what YOU post - but on the other hand we now know to take NOTHING you post seriously - since apparently even YOU don't believe what you post.
It figures.
I'll remember that.

Ken

Old 05-23-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
In other words you are now taking NO responsibility for WHAT YOU POST (YOU posted the link - it didn't "magically" appear there).
So much for the philosophy of "personal responsibility".
More like the philosophy of "it's only personal responsibility when it's SOME OTHER person".
It's pretty dang sad when you won't even stand up for what YOU post - but on the other hand we now know to take NOTHING you post seriously - since apparently even YOU don't believe what you post.
It figures.
I'll remember that.

Ken
I have no idea what you're talking about now.

At least before your rantings had a semblance of logic.

I stand by my posts. I do in fact believe gold should be a sensible part of everyone's portfolio.

What exactly did I post that you disagree with then maybe we can go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies