Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2013, 12:26 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,536,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
That doesn't appear to be a credible source. In fact, far from it.
You did see the picture of George? He looked like he is smiling to me.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:27 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,651,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Well, you are glad his MMA past isn't brought in. How biased is that. You want to win to such a degree, you don't care if an innocent man is taken down. Pitiful!
No, I'm saying if the past negative history and/or criminal history of the defendant isn't allowed in the trial, why would it be allowed for the victim?

And Trayvon had no criminal history, or any charges, whereas Zimmerman did. Plus, Zimmerman had to attend court-ordered Anger Management classes. I'm sure the prosecution would have loved to bring in that evidence if they were allowed to, because it IS relevant. But even that is not allowed, so why would Trayvon's tweets or youtube subscriptions be allowed? Answer is that they're not, for neither the defendant nor the murder victim.

You guys want to protray Trayvon as this angry young man, of which there is no evidence, but the angry young man was Zimmerman, and there is evidence of that.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:28 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
I was leaning hung jury, but after this testimony I am looking at not guilty. But, of course, you never know about juries. This is very damaging to the Prosecution.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Adam Park.

Who is Adam Park?

Guess we'll see in a minute.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Do you have any link, or any other form of proof, that the Olympics Committee made a statement that they could find no record of her qualifying? Btw, I'm, like everybody else, responding to people posting on a public Internet political forum.

I don't think she ever qualified for the Olympics. She was an elite runner in the 80s, and I think she implied rather vaguely that she was one of the top 3 who would have qualified for the Olympics. So that is indeed misleading, but I don't see that it really matters for this trial.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:31 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,673,869 times
Ah, Adam Pollock.

Owns a gym.

17,426 posts, read 14,657,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyFeast5000 View Post
Do you have any link, or any other form of proof, that the Olympics Committee made a statement that they could find no record of her qualifying? Btw, I'm, like everybody else, responding to people posting on a public Internet political forum.

Quote:
Jared Slinde, communications director at USA Track & Field, tells the Daily
Caller that he looked through Olympic trial results for the years 1984 and 1988
and “did not find Jayne’s name as a finisher in the top ten of any of those
Olympic Trials marathons.”
Read more: Zimmerman eyewitness may have fabricated Olympics story | The Daily Caller

5,450 posts, read 8,764,557 times
Wth???? I saw no histrionics. This stupid channel focuses on commercials and analysts!!!!

What happened?

Old 07-08-2013, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpperDecker30 View Post
Both of their characters should be under the microscope here so that the jury can make a more informed opinion.
Yes, but there must be some rules about that. I know that a defendant's previous criminal history is not allowed to be revealed to the jury, or the fact they might be facing other charges, all things that might be very relevant, but a jury is not allowed to know about them because it would bias them.

Old 07-08-2013, 12:32 PM

310 posts, read 256,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
No, I'm saying if the past negative history and/or criminal history of the defendant isn't allowed in the trial, why would it be allowed for the victim?

And Trayvon had no criminal history, or any charges, whereas Zimmerman did. Plus, Zimmerman had to attend court-ordered Anger Management classes. I'm sure the prosecution would have loved to bring in that evidence if they were allowed to, because it IS relevant. But even that is not allowed, so why would Trayvon's tweets or youtube subscriptions be allowed? Answer is that they're not, for neither the defendant nor the murder victim.

You guys want to protray Trayvon as this angry young man, of which there is no evidence, but the angry young man was Zimmerman, and there is evidence of that.
While I think both parties involved are idiots, isn't this false? Hasn't there been information released on Martin and his fighting habits? With the suspensions and text messages, I think that it is wrong to say that he was any less prone to violence than Zimmerman. A wannabe cop and a wannabe thug is what I have seen so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies