Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 12:04 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
Of course he got away with murder, but the prosecution sucked and there was "reasonable doubt". This is OJ all over again.
Exactly. I don't know why people are calling her stupid. Why? She said she followed the law. A juror after the Casey Anthony acquittal said they all thought she was guilty of murdering her baby, but the prosecution didn't prove its case.

By the way, we now know none of the women on the jury were Black, since she was the only minority and she's Puerto Rican. If she were African-American, I bet some people here would be saying that's the only reason she's saying he committed murder.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:10 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Truth.

He did get away with murder.

POINT BLANK.

PERIOD.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:13 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Killing a felon is not murder.
Zimmerman was closer to be a felon than he was. He had no criminal record and killing a felon is still murder.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:16 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
Zimmerman was closer to be a felon than he was. He had no criminal record and killing a felon is still murder.
Martin didn't have a criminal record only because many people saw that the kid was on a bad road and didn't want him to be saddled with the stigma of being convicted at such a young age.

It isn't murder if it is done in self defense - that is known as justifiable homicide.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:20 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
She should have hung the jury then, if those were indeed her personal convictions...

Game over....thanks for playing.
I agree, but it's easy to sit back and judge. We weren't on the jury and, even if we read a lot about the trial or watched portions of it on television, we still don't know everything that went on in the courtroom.

As I wrote above, jurors after the Casey Anthony trial said they thought she was guilty. On the one hand, I don't understand why people who are convinced a defendant is guilty of a crime vote to acquit. On the other, in both cases there wasn't enough conclusive evidence. Just because you "feel" or "think" someone is guilty doesn't mean the prosecution did its job, which is to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that the defendant is guilty.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
She is stupid. I am sorry but that is the way I feel. She is just trying to justify the verdict and in the process is making herself look like an idiot and obviously not qualified to serve on a jury. The evidence and the lack of contradicting evidence spoke. End of story.

What a lulu. I think she is just trying to jump on the bandwagon
She felt that there was not enough evidence to convict, but still felt that what Zimmerman did was wrong. She feels empathy toward Trayvon Martin's Family. There's nothing stupid about it. Actually, a person has to be rather stupid, primitive, tacky and morally challenged to make up lies, attack the character of a dead teenager and show no compassion toward his family, regardless of how you feel about the verdict. She's entitled to express her opinion just like B37, Zimmerman's family and friends (at least two have written a book), and anyone else involved. I know that people from both sides are biased, but there are some very cold, mean-hearted Zimmerman supporters.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:23 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Why didn't she "stand her ground" and refuse to find GZ innocent? It would have been a hung jury. Idiot.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:27 AM

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hindsight2020 View Post
Well, he did get away with voluntary manslaughter. The difference between America and the 1880s Tombstone AZ that Florida has become, hinges upon the absence of the concept of imperfect self-defense. In Florida, thanks to the stand your ground law and the general white conservative stance of gun ownership bravado, the concept of imperfect self-defense is non-existent. This is colloquially referred to as "shoot first, ask later" or "load fire aim" laws. This is regressive in nature and why Florida is off kilter as a citizenry these days.
The problem for you is that the Zimmerman case wasn't tried on the basis of stand your ground so your comments are entirely irrelevant. You might as well try to place Zimmerman in the context of jaywalking.

Plus, the statistics show that more blacks than whites have used the stand your ground defense, so your "white conservative" thing is an utter failure as well.

Like most liberals, you appear to be talking with your emotions without regard to facts.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Martin didn't have a criminal record only because many people saw that the kid was on a bad road and didn't want him to be saddled with the stigma of being convicted at such a young age.

It isn't murder if it is done in self defense - that is known as justifiable homicide.
Oh really. I didn't know you personally knew Trayvon Martin and people who didn't want him to have a criminal record. I can make **** up too. The only reason George doesn't have a record (after being arrested twice) is because judge Daddy saved him. He knew that the MAN was on a bad road and his family didn't want him to be saddled with the stigma of him being convicted of domestic violence and assaulting a police officer. I'm not sure how they kept the cousin who says he molested her quiet.

The person I was responding called him a felon (wrong) and said it isn't illegal to murder s felon (wrong) and yes I understand self-defense, but murdering a felon just because you feel like it isn't legal.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:38 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,892,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post

The person I was responding called him a felon (wrong) and said it isn't illegal to murder s felon (wrong) and yes I understand self-defense, but murdering a felon just because you feel like it isn't legal.
Was not Super Z found not guilty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies