Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 12:40 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
The person I was responding called him a felon (wrong) and said it isn't illegal to murder s felon (wrong) and yes I understand self-defense, but murdering a felon just because you feel like it isn't legal.
True, but that has absolutely no relevance to the discussion at hand.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:42 AM

7,138 posts, read 11,035,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The problem for you is that the Zimmerman case wasn't tried on the basis of stand your ground so your comments are entirely irrelevant. You might as well try to place Zimmerman in the context of jaywalking.

Plus, the statistics show that more blacks than whites have used the stand your ground defense, so your "white conservative" thing is an utter failure as well.
Source?

Old 07-26-2013, 12:43 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Self-defense injuries like marks on his hands or marks on Trayvon indicating Zimmerman had "fought for his life."

Does anyone really think Zimmerman would have died from this fight? I doubt it. He didn't even elect to go to the hospital. If you are seriously injured you want to go to the hospital because you realize you are seriously injured and need treatment!
Are you saying you can only fire in self defense right before the final death blow?

A normal person who gets their nose broken for the first time is going to be in bad shape. Finished. Screaming their head off, bleeding like a pig, squirming like a fish in the bottom of a boat. You try laying on your back in that condition, blind, in the dark, choking on your own blood, squealing for help while Trayvon smashes your head into the concrete & continues to punch you in the face repeatedly. No, that's self defense & If I had a gun I would shoot at that point.

The lesson to be learned from this case is simple. Don't attack people & they won't shoot you. TM doesn't double back after getting away to attack GZ that night & he's still alive today.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:46 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
True, but that has absolutely no relevance to the discussion at hand.
Tell that to the person who said it in the first place then.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:53 AM

3,436 posts, read 2,950,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Was not Super Z found not guilty?
Maybe so, but Trayvon Martin wasn't found guilty of anything either, so referring to him as a felon is incorrect and idiotic, but obviously fine with you. It's okay to call the dead teenager a felon, but the killer is innocent? Neither has been convicted of a crime. If Trayvon Martin is a felon, Zimmerman is a murder. If you feel the need to idolize a villan, (Super Z), ...

Old 07-26-2013, 12:57 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
your post is rubbish. first off the stand your ground law didnt apply and wasnt even adjudicated. second the jury found that zimmerman acted in self defense as he was in fear of his life, thus voluntary manslaughter doesnt apply.
The law goes even further & says a person only has to be in fear of "grievous bodily harm", which makes the verdict even more obvious & explains much more reasonably why the police, prosecutor & FBI all took on pass on this case.

Old 07-26-2013, 12:58 AM

500 posts, read 376,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk2010 View Post
Nothing new here. The prosecution failed.
The prosecution didn't fail. They just didn't have anything. They didn't prevail, but neither did they fail. To have succeeded, they would have had to invent facts. Which they did, to a degree, but not successfully. They just weren't very good liars.

I'm fairly certain the prosecution had paid people on forums trying to sway the public. That didn't work, either.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:00 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,021,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Factsplease View Post
If Trayvon Martin is a felon, Zimmerman is a murder.
Harrier wasn't aware that murder was an animate object.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Basically. He was overcharged. There was never the evidence to convict him with what they accused him of. But if they has charged him properly there would have been outrage about that too.

So basically the juror is saying he's guilty of something, but not what they asked. Her hands were tied. She had to follow the letter of the law.
And fortunately, she was intelligent and moral enough to do it. I commend her for that.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Six people on a jury- I did not know that. I thought they had the traditional 12. This really makes a difference...is this true- that their were only six? I am shocked- That is not a jury...That represents three people who were acting as unqualified judges...who dominated the other three...This is wrong.
Your giving your opinion about the outcome of a trial that you obviously didn't watch and know nothing about? If you're just now finding out there were 6 jurors, you're new to the scene. It's sad when people who have no facts feel they know better than the jury.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies