Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 01:21 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times

Advertisements

So..

Any kid who is bullied can take a gun to school and mow down the opposition?

I'll send money to whatever kid needs a gun for protection.

In my view this opens the door for any kid. ANY KID who's in fear of being beaten up. Because when you're a kid, FIGHTS are social and emotional and physical AND YOUR LIFE IS IN DANGER!!!!

YOU THINK YOU'RE GONNA DIE!!!!

For a kid to protect himself from all three positions - he needs a gun.

ALL HE NEEDS TO DO IS CLAIM ZIMMERMAN DEFENSE!

HE GETS OFF!

PERIOD!!!

GOTTA LOVE FLORIDA FOR SETTING PRECEDENTS!!!!

Old 07-26-2013, 01:28 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
The reason the law makes no sense is that "fear" cannot be measured. I mean, what is "reasonable" fear to me might be entirely different to someone else.

The main reason I never thought this was a self defense case (with or without SYG) is that Zimmerman said "he's running." I just don't see how pursuing someone who is running away is self defense, just because that person punched you in fear for his own life. Why wouldn't Trayvon Martin have the same right? If he did, then I guess whoever has a gun is the person who is in the right!

Old 07-26-2013, 01:32 AM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
The problem for you is that the Zimmerman case wasn't tried on the basis of stand your ground so your comments are entirely irrelevant. You might as well try to place Zimmerman in the context of jaywalking.

Plus, the statistics show that more blacks than whites have used the stand your ground defense, so your "white conservative" thing is an utter failure as well.

Like most liberals, you appear to be talking with your emotions without regard to facts.
Well, apparently this is very political or the Republican Liberty Caucus wouldn't be honoring Mark O'Mara with a dinner and an award for defending Zimmerman and winning. I'd really like to see a list of the members in Florida.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:39 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,456,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
Well, apparently this is very political or the Republican Liberty Caucus wouldn't be honoring Mark O'Mara with a dinner and an award for defending Zimmerman and winning. I'd really like to see a list of the members in Florida.
Florida is a lost state.

Rational laws don't apply.

Too many foul verdicts for clear cases.

I've written them off.

Let the 'gators in the swamp have at 'em.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:42 AM

500 posts, read 376,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Such a bunch of bull.

I seriously want to send a 17 year old to kick your arse for THIRTY seconds and see what you'd think then.

Even if he was knocked unconscious, he knew he'd be alright. ... <---------what bunch of malarkey this is. That is one of the most insane things I've read in this forum in a long time. There have been TONS of links posted of "one punch" deaths. Of course he didn't want to get knocked unconscious ... seriously, dumb dumb dumb.
Don't stress. It's best to laugh your butt off and move on.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:41 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,367,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncc49 View Post
That juror said the actions of Zimmerman and Martin both led to the teenager's fatal shooting, but that Zimmerman didn't actually break the law.

- All you need to read here.

cut and dry case.
no evidence of murder.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The prosecutors were remiss in not spelling out to the jury how the evidence supported a manslaughter conviction.

This juror got persuaded by the other jurors that Zimmerman did not intentionally kill Trayvon. But intention is evident when someone reaches for a gun, aims at the center of a body, and pulls the trigger. That IS intention!

Intention doesn't mean that Zimmerman had to have had it in his head that he wanted to kill Trayvon from the moment he stepped out of the his truck.

The prosecution needed to give the jurors the step-by-step information supporting a conviction, like the defense did for supporting an acquittal, and they didn't.

LOL

you really should read the transcripts from the trial to clear up all your misguided opinions.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:45 AM

Quote:
And yet she never once mentioned self-defense, at least in the televised parts of the interview that I saw. She mentioned intention.

We'll never know Trayvon's intentions when he was confronted by Zimmerman. Never.

But we do know that Zimmerman had the intention to kill. He showed that by being armed, and by taking his gun out of the holster, and shooting someone he knew was not armed.

Im starting to see your issue.
you think someone carring a gun means they are looking for someone to kill with it.

you cant understand being prepared to defend yourself from scumbag thugs who wants your stuff because they have no interest in good grades or anything but where they will get their next hit from.

until you can see past this nonsense, you may as well stay in your mom's basement and avoid the real world.

Old 07-26-2013, 04:48 AM

Quote:
I never said he pulled the gun out right away. I believe he started trying to almost right away. The gun was not immediately accessible to Zimmerman. He said so himself.

None of those are self-defense injuries. My question still stands: what was Zimmerman doing with his hands to defend himself during those 40 seconds?
you.
dont.
get.
it...

you dont have to be injured to defend yourself.
just the simple threat of injury is enough.
please.
please.
try to learn how the laws of the land work, your opinion is irrevelant.

luckily for the rest of the country, you'll make it past a jury pool...

Old 07-26-2013, 04:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
Such a bunch of bull.

I seriously want to send a 17 year old to kick your arse for THIRTY seconds and see what you'd think then.

Even if he was knocked unconscious, he knew he'd be alright. ... <---------what bunch of malarkey this is. That is one of the most insane things I've read in this forum in a long time. There have been TONS of links posted of "one punch" deaths. Of course he didn't want to get knocked unconscious ... seriously, dumb dumb dumb.
yup...
3 seconds and 3 punches later, you're dead or a veggie...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies