Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 06:27 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,176,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Yeah he got away with murder but then says there was no evidence of murder. She also says the case shouldn't have been brought to trial. She's just throwing the Trayvoniacs some crumbs.

This woman is a idiot. She thinks that if someone is killed that the shooter should be charged with murder regardless if they have a reason. People with ignorant opinions like this should not be allowed on jurys.

The only reason she is saying this now is to keep the lynch mobs from burning down her house.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:42 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by derosterreich View Post
She's an idiot. What she means to say is, as much as I wanted to be like every other black in the country and pretend he's guilty regardless of the facts the law kept me from doing it.

She is explaining to her race why she let them down.
Exactly. Couldn't of said it better.

Old 07-26-2013, 06:51 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Wrong- the whole jury must be in total agreement...if but one does not agree the there needs to be a second trial. She admits in public that she did not agree with the other jurors - but simply gave in to what she believed was popular opinion among the jury members. I really don't understand this- Imagine if there was a death penalty involved here.

Imagine if this woman was part of a jury that had the power to put a man to death...and she in her heart truly believed that the man was INNOCENT...yet she went with the flow and had the man executed? What would we all say then?

Old 07-26-2013, 06:58 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Wrong- the whole jury must be in total agreement...if but one does not agree the there needs to be a second trial. She admits in public that she did not agree with the other jurors - but simply gave in to what she believed was popular opinion among the jury members. I really don't understand this- Imagine if there was a death penalty involved here.

Imagine if this woman was part of a jury that had the power to put a man to death...and she in her heart truly believed that the man was INNOCENT...yet she went with the flow and had the man executed? What would we all say then?
Actually, in the case of a hung jury the state often chooses not to retry the case. Particularly when there was only a single vote for guilty.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:13 AM

17,420 posts, read 14,663,580 times
Quote:

She didn't give in to the other jurors.

She followed the law and said as much.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:17 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Actually, in the case of a hung jury the state often chooses not to retry the case. Particularly when there was only a single vote for guilty.
ONE single vote of guilty or innocence ...is ONE drop of reasonable doubt. So if this woman had shown her reason for doubting the innocence of Zimmerman...would that have been enough to convict him? I don't get it.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:20 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
She didn't give in to the other jurors.

She followed the law and said as much.

And people will never understand this, so sad...

Old 07-26-2013, 07:22 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Personally, I'm very torn overall on this case. I can't make up my mind. With that said, this was quite interesting to say the least. Juror says she owes Martin's parents apology - Houston Chronicle

Keep in mind she is Puerto Rican, not black. Thoughts?
Yes, my thought is Puerto Rico is a country, not race. She's black for christ sake!! You might as well say she's not black, she's Jamaican In any case, no matter the race, she's a disgrace. First, if she really felt that way, she was obligated to vote guilty, rather than go along with the others. Serving on a jury is not a popularity contest, and she acted negligently, if she felt that way. By even admitting this, she's demonstrating what a complete moron she is, along with having no integrity or courage of her convictions. I have ZERO respect for nitwits like her.

But it really is a racism thing ... those who can't see the clear cut case of self defense here are simply blinded by their own deep seated, disgusting racism.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:27 AM

15,096 posts, read 8,641,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And people will never understand this, so sad...
Bull .... if the law says it was not murder ... and she was simply following the law .... then she should keep that fat pie hole shut and not make such dastardly statements that "he got away with murder".

Enough of the PC BS already .... the truth about this nation's problems with racism is that it is not the white people who are the racists, in spite of decades of insinuations that ONLY white people can be racists.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:28 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
ONE single vote of guilty or innocence ...is ONE drop of reasonable doubt. So if this woman had shown her reason for doubting the innocence of Zimmerman...would that have been enough to convict him? I don't get it.

The burden is on the prosecution, not the defense. In the absence of a jury consisting of six Black Panthers there was no chance of the state ever getting a conviction. The woman also said the case should have never gone to trial. I agree with her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies