Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 10:58 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Three jurors thought he was guilty.
Really? You are saying 3 have come forward and said they thought he was guilty? I guess some of us having read or heard what you have: I didn't think 3 had come forward??? I find it a little hard to believe, 3 wanted to find him guilty and yet, they only deliberated for a short time, considering the case. If what you say is based on facts, then shame on those 3 for bailing!!! I would have rather seen a hung jury than hear 3 people wanted to convict but didn't. I also would like to know how you or anyone else really feels the verdict could have been any different? The lack of evidence was overwhelming. When people say, too bad T M couldn't give his side of the story: of course it is too bad, he is dead, but isn't this the case in all murders. Only the defendant's side is really heard?

Last edited by nmnita; 07-26-2013 at 11:11 AM..

Old 07-26-2013, 11:01 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
As a latino I can tell you that latinos are generally MORE racist than non-latinos are. In latin america, the concept of political correctness doesn't even exist. And, black puerto ricans are notorious for not considering themselves black and/or denying their black/african ancestry. Ditto for black dominicans.
Political Correctness not existing is why race relations are so much better in Latin America imo. If a guy's fat you call him "Gordo". If a woman is dark skinned you call her "Negra". Those are descriptors, not insults. Here in the US it's just way too sensitive & PC imo.

Agree that Black Puerto Ricans & Dominicans absolutely do not, in any way consider themselves "Black" by US standards. Not sure if you remember Felipe Lopez the basketball player? From Santiago, DR. He moved to NYC to play basketball & quickly became the #1 recruit in the nation. He was asked by Al Sharpton to speak to groups of poor black kids in NYC. "You can do it", "Stay in school", that type of thing. (Paraphrasing) Lopez asked "Why would I do that? I'm not Black, I'm Dominican.". Sharpton gave him the "Yeah, but we're all the same color" speech & Lopez said "No. We're not the same. I'm Dominican. In my country Black is a color, to you it's a mindset. Now if you want me to speak to a group of Dominican, Puerto Rican, Venezuelan & Cuban kids I'd be happy to."

Old 07-26-2013, 11:12 AM

3,160 posts, read 4,368,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Maybe Bily Lovec can stop the "I hate liberals" schtick and debate the issue.

Works for me.

I love liberals, they inspire me to get up in the morning and go to work so I can pay taxes and you can get your free obama phone and govt cheese

why are libbys so worked up over a jurist who is obviously the only person on the planet dumber than the prosecution's star witness, Precious ?

the jurist obviously fell for the prosecutions;
"vote with your heart, and ignore all the facts and laws that says to find GZ not guilty" BS.

lets debate that, ever lawyer I know flipped out when the prosection pulled that crap...

99% of the skittle's backers are totally ignorant on the facts of the case,
half of y'all are just now discovering there were 6 jurist.

how can anyone take a liberal serious when they STILL think GZ was on the phone with 911 talking to a police officer ?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:18 AM

500 posts, read 376,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Thoughts
GIVE IT UP ALREADY!!!
The deal is done! The verdict is in, over, fini.. right wrong or indifferent the guy can't be tried again....Just let it go already
Amen!

Unfortunately, the Martins lied through their teeth. They said they would accept the verdict. They haven't and are still publicly crying through their lying eyes, which keeps the whole thing up front.

Just go away. It's over. Deal with it and move on.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:19 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Very obviously a welfare recipient. To think that she was planning to use emotions rather than evidence to arrive at a verdict.

Really? You came by that conclusion, how?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:22 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
And your point is??????????
We had posters around here calling the jurors racist. I think that would be one point.

But first I'd have to see a picture of the juror because if she's lighter skinned we can just call her white and racist.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
I love liberals, they inspire me to get up in the morning and go to work so I can pay taxes and you can get your free obama phone and govt cheese

why are libbys so worked up over a jurist who is obviously the only person on the planet dumber than the prosecution's star witness, Precious ?

the jurist obviously fell for the prosecutions;
"vote with your heart, and ignore all the facts and laws that says to find GZ not guilty" BS.

lets debate that, ever lawyer I know flipped out when the prosection pulled that crap...

99% of the skittle's backers are totally ignorant on the facts of the case,
half of y'all are just now discovering there were 6 jurist.

how can anyone take a liberal serious when they STILL think GZ was on the phone with 911 talking to a police officer ?
Yeah, I never worked a day in my life. Another stupid assumption on your part.

Where, exactly, did I mention GZ was on the phone with a police officer? Evidence, please. Oh, that's right, you don't have any, maybe because I never said it. I have always said the SAO had no evidence of 2nd degree murder. What I HAVE said, and repeatedly, is the fact that "but for" the fact the GZ decided to ignore the 911 operator's suggestion, NONE of this would have happened. TM would still be alive and GZ would not have had his life ruined.

Unfortunately, nobody can be arrested and convicted of being an idiot.

If that were the case, 80% of C-D posters would be in jail right now.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:27 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
She is trying to cover her butt for when she returned to the community. She pulled a John Kerry when he "voted for the 86 million before he voted against it".
Absolutely. She has to go back out there and defend her verdict to a potentially hostile community...it's a sad day in America when a juror has to claim the law "forced" her to do the right thing.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:27 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

Maybe you could debate the point instead of worrying about sentence structure.
nobody takes a joke anymore...

Old 07-26-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
We had posters around here calling the jurors racist. I think that would be one point.

But first I'd have to see a picture of the juror because if she's lighter skinned we can just call her white and racist.

And we had posters calling Trayvon Martin everything but Trayvon. It's depends on what side people stand on this issue as to what label they attach to whom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies