Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 10:11 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
The reason the law makes no sense is that "fear" cannot be measured. I mean, what is "reasonable" fear to me might be entirely different to someone else.

The main reason I never thought this was a self defense case (with or without SYG) is that Zimmerman said "he's running." I just don't see how pursuing someone who is running away is self defense, just because that person punched you in fear for his own life. Why wouldn't Trayvon Martin have the same right? If he did, then I guess whoever has a gun is the person who is in the right!
To start with, the dispatcher was asking GZ which way TM was running & if he could still see him, etc. GZ was out of the vehicle to observe where TM was running to so he could tell the police who were already on their way, not pursuing him to try & catch him. The moment the dispatcher realizes GZ is out of the vehicle he tells him they don't need him to do that & GZ complies.

Now, answer me this....How does TM get away, then 3.5 minutes later resurface all the way back by where GZ's vehicle is? He could have run home & back 2-3 times in 3.5 minutes. He could have run home, locked the door, told his Dad & called 911 in 3.5 minutes. Instead TM goes alllllll the way back to GZ's position. Why? The answer is obvious. He went back to attack him & he did. And he got shot for it.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:19 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,540,341 times
So this juror admits they are a piece of trash, no character scumbag? I mean they voted to acquit a guilty man?

Why even read this trash?

Old 07-26-2013, 10:23 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes, my thought is Puerto Rico is a country, not race. She's black for christ sake!! You might as well say she's not black, she's Jamaican In any case, no matter the race, she's a disgrace. First, if she really felt that way, she was obligated to vote guilty, rather than go along with the others. Serving on a jury is not a popularity contest, and she acted negligently, if she felt that way. By even admitting this, she's demonstrating what a complete moron she is, along with having no integrity or courage of her convictions. I have ZERO respect for nitwits like her.

But it really is a racism thing ... those who can't see the clear cut case of self defense here are simply blinded by their own deep seated, disgusting racism.
To be fair, she's Puerto Rican, not "Black". "Black" as we think of it in the United States is a culture, not a color. Puerto Rican's absolutely do not identify themselves as "Black". On the contrary, there is a long history of trouble & distrust between Puerto Ricans & "Blacks".

What I find disturbing is that the Latinos in general think of themselves as Latinos & someone, not sure if it's US Blacks, Liberals, or whoever is intentionally trying to cause racial division within the Latino community by inventing terms like "White Latino" & "Black Latino" when these are things that simply don't divide them like they do our culture. It very much feels like someone is intentionally trying to damage the Latino community by injecting their own racial trips on a people who are far more advanced & comfortable with racially diversity than we are.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:32 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by never-more View Post
Been my thoughts all along. Zimmerman did have questionable actions in the moments leading up to the shooting, but it simply wasn't enough to convict him. As far as we know, only Zimmerman will know what happened the night he shot Trayvon. Maybe it was defense, maybe it was pre-emptive.
and this is what too many are forgetting. Yes, he did react using poor judgment, but when the incident got out of hand Zimmerman did what he thought he had to do.

I feel sorry for everyone involved, but our law says, guilty beyond a reasonable doubt and he just wasn't guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. As for the juror, the same thing happened after the Casey Anthony case, several of the jurors came forward and said they didn't think she was innocent but there just wasn't enough evidence. in that case almost all the jurors wanted to convict her, they just couldn't.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:38 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,372,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missingatlanta View Post
Well since Treyvon is dead they had to go by the story given of the person left alive.
And Zimmerman's claim of self defense was never disproven.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:39 AM

7,530 posts, read 11,372,166 times
If she believed that Zimmerman was guilty of murder and that the shooting wasn't in self defense like he has said then I wished the interviewer had asked this juror to walk through what she believed had happened that night based on her knowledge of the circumstances.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:48 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
To be fair, she's Puerto Rican, not "Black". "Black" as we think of it in the United States is a culture, not a color. Puerto Rican's absolutely do not identify themselves as "Black". On the contrary, there is a long history of trouble & distrust between Puerto Ricans & "Blacks".

What I find disturbing is that the Latinos in general think of themselves as Latinos & someone, not sure if it's US Blacks, Liberals, or whoever is intentionally trying to cause racial division within the Latino community by inventing terms like "White Latino" & "Black Latino" when these are things that simply don't divide them like they do our culture. It very much feels like someone is intentionally trying to damage the Latino community by injecting their own racial trips on a people who are far more advanced & comfortable with racially diversity than we are.
As a latino I can tell you that latinos are generally MORE racist than non-latinos are. In latin america, the concept of political correctness doesn't even exist. And, black puerto ricans are notorious for not considering themselves black and/or denying their black/african ancestry. Ditto for black dominicans.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:51 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,758,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
She is 36 with 8 children with the oldest being 20.

She was the only one who wants to convict Zimmerman of 2nd degree murder, but she decided to follow the law instead later on.
Very obviously a welfare recipient. To think that she was planning to use emotions rather than evidence to arrive at a verdict.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:56 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timing2012 View Post
She is 36 with 8 children with the oldest being 20.

She was the only one who wants to convict Zimmerman of 2nd degree murder, but she decided to follow the law instead later on.
this is what everyone who is saying: "see, he should have been convicted" needs to think about. No, she isn't black and that shouldn't have much to do with this anyway, but she admits she was the only one that was a holdout, even though she says a few times, we all this or that. I am sure she really believes he got away with murder, but I don't know what, coming forward like this will accomplish. In fact she could be doing more damage than good.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:57 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,733,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Mister View Post
Personally, I'm very torn overall on this case. I can't make up my mind. With that said, this was quite interesting to say the least. Juror says she owes Martin's parents apology - Houston Chronicle

Keep in mind she is Puerto Rican, not black. Thoughts?

Thoughts
GIVE IT UP ALREADY!!!
The deal is done! The verdict is in, over, fini.. right wrong or indifferent the guy can't be tried again....Just let it go already
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies