Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2013, 07:47 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
She didn't give in to the other jurors.

She followed the law and said as much.
Correct. She said after reviewing the law for hours she could not convict him.

She said he was Not Guilty in the eyes of the law.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:58 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Bull .... if the law says it was not murder ... and she was simply following the law .... then she should keep that fat pie hole shut and not make such dastardly statements that "he got away with murder".

Enough of the PC BS already .... the truth about this nation's problems with racism is that it is not the white people who are the racists, in spite of decades of insinuations that ONLY white people can be racists.
She doesn't deserve your criticism here. Why is it so hard to understand that humans aren't robots? Her heart told it was murder but through a great deal of anguish she did what the law required her to do. Isn't that what many people on this forum have been saying for weeks before the end of the trial that you hoped the jury would put their emotions aside and vote according to evidence presented? We still have freedom of speech in this country and if she or any other jury member wants to talk about the process that took the jury from point A to point B it's their right. If jury deliberation wasn't an important part of the process they'd we'd just go with their first vote out of the gate and hang every single jury by doing so.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:01 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,039,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Bull .... if the law says it was not murder ... and she was simply following the law .... then she should keep that fat pie hole shut and not make such dastardly statements that "he got away with murder".

Enough of the PC BS already .... the truth about this nation's problems with racism is that it is not the white people who are the racists, in spite of decades of insinuations that ONLY white people can be racists.

Yep. As far as her opinion or heart as she puts it. Its no better than anyone elses opinion, including you or I. Her only job was to follow the law, and sadly, she had to be friggin convinced to do so. She did her job, now she needs to shut it about her biased, race based opinion.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Yep. As far as her opinion or heart as she puts it. Its no better than anyone elses opinion, including you or I. Her only job was to follow the law, and sadly, she had to be friggin convinced to do so. She did her job, now she needs to shut it about her biased, race based opinion.
How is her opinion race based? Many white people feel the same, exact way---that Zimmerman got away with murder or manslaughter BUT that the jury had no other choice (given the laws in Florida) but to vote the way they did. Most if not all juries have a few members that have to be convinced. This jury had three---count them THREE, who had to be convinced to vote not guilty and the other two were WHITE.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How is her opinion race based? Many white people feel the same, exact way---that Zimmerman got away with murder or manslaughter BUT that the jury had no other choice (given the laws in Florida) but to vote the way they did. Most if not all juries have a few members that have to be convinced. This jury had three---count them THREE, who had to be convinced to vote not guilty and the other two were WHITE.

Its a baseless opinion. Its meaningless because there is zero evidence of it. I see it as race based because what else is there to even lead you to think it was intentional murder? Nothing. If Zimmerman didn't have a mark on his body, I could see thinking it have been murder but a guy who watches over his community, pulls people from car wrecks, and tutored black kids is not suddenly a murderer

Old 07-26-2013, 08:18 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,828,252 times
Quote:
If the jury was able to see all the evidence that was surpressed, her opinion of GZ being a "murderer" may have changed.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Its a baseless opinion. Its meaningless because there is zero evidence of it. I see it as race based because what else is there to even lead you to think it was intentional murder? Nothing. If Zimmerman didn't have a mark on his body, I could see thinking it have been murder but a guy who watches over his community, pulls people from car wrecks, and tutored black kids is not suddenly a murderer
I have never said it was murder. Manslaughter, yes. That's what the State should have gone after and what this jury member also indicated. Seems to me that the people here who are labeling this "racist" are very ones who are trying the hardest to make it racist when the facts don't bear that out. Are you forgetting the other two WHITE jury members who voted for manslaughter in their very first vote?

Old 07-26-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
If the jury was able to see all the evidence that was surpressed, her opinion of GZ being a "murderer" may have changed.
How about Trayvons own history? His twitter, phone, school record. That would give even more credibility to GZ being most likely right in what he did. Knowing what we do about Trayvon, there's every reason to believe he started a physical altercation

Old 07-26-2013, 08:33 AM

Quote:
I have never said it was murder. Manslaughter, yes. That's what the State should have gone after and what this jury member also indicated. Seems to me that the people here who are labeling this "racist" are very ones who are trying the hardest to make it racist when the facts don't bear that out. Are you forgetting the other two WHITE jury members who voted for manslaughter in their very first vote?

There are plenty of white folk who subscribe to the same racial views as people like Shatpton do.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:36 AM

500 posts, read 376,213 times
Quote:
Manslaughter was a lesser charge. She didn't go for that, either.

Murder 2 or Manslaughter: Not Guilty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies