Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2013, 12:15 PM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
I don't know where you live, but all of my friends (who are white) have no fear of being "knocked out" when they leave their house. This is in Chicago.

Your telling me that now, as in, AFTER this knockout game, you are in fear of your life from black males?
i am? where did i make this claim? cite it now, or be known forever as a liar.

ps - i live in PG county MD

Man attacked by kids at L'Enfant Metro -- bystanders watch, film it (video) - @TBD On Foot | TBD.com

Quote:
I call bull**** on that. You were probably prejudice and/or racist long before that particularly story hit headlines.
call bull**** on what, exactly?

Quote:
If your so concerned for your safety, why not advocate improving our inner cities (or violent rural areas if you live there) instead of trying the same failed tactics that are not only immoral, but violate the rights of millions of Americans.
where did i cite concern for my own safety? you fix your own inner city, it's not my problem.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:23 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
on what basis do you think this?

huh? why is that something i need to 'deal with'?

yet there are tens of millions who do not fall into your narrow categorization. they seem to be the ones who keep getting attacked...

only a mutant with dozens of fingers could do this.

'fake stories'? it's been documented over and over and over again, yet to you these are still 'fake stories'?

and you know this - how, exactly?

Based on where the overwhelming majority of white people live.

Deal with as in take into account.

I'd say yes there are millions of white people that live in densely populated cities but even within those cities white people do not live in places where they will come into contact with black teens on a regular basis.

No, you don't need to be a mutant, you just need to be honest with one's self. For the vast majority of white people it either never happens or rarely happens.

It has not been documented. Random attacks of violence have always occurred in this nation. There is no such thing as a knock out game, it certainly is not happening at epidemic levels, and it is a story completely created by fear and hatred of black men and the media pumping that fear which sadly we seem to do every few years concerning this nation's irrational fear of black male violence.

It is a sad history.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:23 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times
Quote:
i am? where did i make this claim? cite it now, or be known forever as a liar.

ps - i live in PG county MD

Man attacked by kids at L'Enfant Metro -- bystanders watch, film it (video) - @TBD On Foot | TBD.com

Then tell me what claim your making then. What does that game have to do with the title of my thread?

call bull**** on what, exactly?

If you believe it is ok for the Police to profile black men, harass, assault, and even entrap them, then you are either racist or morally bankrupt. Which one are you?

where did i cite concern for my own safety? you fix your own inner city, it's not my problem.

Then what point are you making exactly? Do you understand the concept of this thread?

Old 12-05-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Then what point are you making exactly? Do you understand the concept of this thread?
so you are an admitted liar. good to know.

the point i made is right there in response to iamme73. if it's over your head, that's too bad.

Old 12-05-2013, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post

I'd say yes there are millions of white people that live in densely populated cities but even within those cities white people do not live in places where they will come into contact with black teens on a regular basis.
of course they do. you seem to have this warped view that white people cower inside their houses all day, when in reality they are taking public transit, going shopping, hitting the bars - all places where they could encounter the types you claim they never even see.

Quote:
No, you don't need to be a mutant, you just need to be honest with one's self. For the vast majority of white people it either never happens or rarely happens.
you claimed these attacks can be counted on one hand. how many fingers do you have, anyway?

yeah, serious mutation is required.

Quote:
It has not been documented. Random attacks of violence have always occurred in this nation. There is no such thing as a knock out game, it certainly is not happening at epidemic levels, and it is a story completely created by fear and hatred of black men and the media pumping that fear which sadly we seem to do every few years concerning this nation's irrational fear of black male violence.

It is a sad history.
it's definitely sad that even daring to notice attacks by black thugs instantly result in the shrieked accusations of 'hatred' and 'fear' by the usual suspects.

sad indeed.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
so you are an admitted liar. good to know.

the point i made is right there in response to iamme73. if it's over your head, that's too bad.
Your one of those posters who throws out a million distractions to avoid any direct answers. Gotcha.

If you have anything to add to the thread, about THIS thread, then please share. So far all you've discussed is some non-story unrelated to the topic at hand.

Old 12-05-2013, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Your one of those posters who throws out a million distractions to avoid any direct answers. Gotcha.

If you have anything to add to the thread, about THIS thread, then please share. So far all you've discussed is some non-story unrelated to the topic at hand.
did you even bother to read the post i responded to in the first place that set you off wailing that i was 'prejudiced,' 'racist,' and 'in fear of your life from black males'?

why didn't you howl and moan when iamme73 brought up the knockout game in the first place, if you felt it was 'a non-story unrelated to the topic at hand'?

Old 12-05-2013, 01:55 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
of course they do. you seem to have this warped view that white people cower inside their houses all day, when in reality they are taking public transit, going shopping, hitting the bars - all places where they could encounter the types you claim they never even see.

you claimed these attacks can be counted on one hand. how many fingers do you have, anyway?

yeah, serious mutation is required.

it's definitely sad that even daring to notice attacks by black thugs instantly result in the shrieked accusations of 'hatred' and 'fear' by the usual suspects.

sad indeed.

No they don't. American cities are notoriously racially segregated.

Again the vast overwhelming majority of middle aged white people live in overwhelmingly white areas, they are not encountering groups of black teens. This is reality. That is what I was talking about.

No, I claimed the number of times the average middle aged white person ever finds themselves in the presence of black teens can be counted on one for the vast overwhelming majority.

When I asked my scared white co-workers when was the last time they were around a group of black teens, not one it was 4 of them could remember the last time it happened. For the vast majority of white people this is their reality.

No, it is sad that random assaults are being used to create a fake narrative that not one police department has said exists, not one perpetrator has said exists which is an epidemic and targeting of white people for attacks by roving bands of black teens.

It is a horribly false story that is based on fear and hatred of black male violence the same as past false stories about black male violence, like the "wilding" story in the Central park rape, where a reporter just invented this term that didn't exist, which lead to stories about roving bands of wilding black teens blah, blah, blah, completely false, this is another example of that sad history continuing.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
No they don't. American cities are notoriously racially segregated.

Again the vast overwhelming majority of middle aged white people live in overwhelmingly white areas, they are not encountering groups of black teens. This is reality. That is what I was talking about.

No, I claimed the number of times the average middle aged white person ever finds themselves in the presence of black teens can be counted on one for the vast overwhelming majority.

When I asked my scared white co-workers when was the last time they were around a group of black teens, not one it was 4 of them could remember the last time it happened. For the vast majority of white people this is their reality.

No, it is sad that random assaults are being used to create a fake narrative that not one police department has said exists, not one perpetrator has said exists which is an epidemic and targeting of white people for attacks by roving bands of black teens.

It is a horribly false story that is based on fear and hatred of black male violence the same as past false stories about black male violence, like the "wilding" story in the Central park rape, where a reporter just invented this term that didn't exist, which lead to stories about roving bands of wilding black teens blah, blah, blah, completely false, this is another example of that sad history continuing.
unfortunately for you, these are most definitely not 'false stories' - not matter how desperately you want to believe that:

New York Councilwoman Speaks Out on "Knockout" Game | News | BET

Knockout Game in Philadelphia?: Arrest Made in Broad Street Case | News | Philadelphia Magazine

'Knockout game' leads to arrests, more police patrols

Sharpton, Civil Rights Leaders Launch Fight Against ‘Knockout Game’ « CBS New York

Violent 'Knockout' game preys on innocent strangers - WSMV Channel 4

^dozens more examples that you can count on your one horribly mutated hand.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:11 PM

Quote:
did you even bother to read the post i responded to in the first place that set you off wailing that i was 'prejudiced,' 'racist,' and 'in fear of your life from black males'?

why didn't you howl and moan when iamme73 brought up the knockout game in the first place, if you felt it was 'a non-story unrelated to the topic at hand'?
I don't have a reading comprehension problem. At least not most of the time ha.

Again, did the knockout game begin before or after the Police tactics being discussed were deployed? And what does that have to do with the topic at hand?

If your saying that the profiling, abuse, harassment, etc is justified because of it, then I'll tear your argument apart.

Now what is it your trying to say? That's a direct question that you have yet to respond too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies