Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2015, 07:39 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
They know that. The idea of a flat consumption tax is just a backdoor way to further decrease taxes on the wealthy, while shifting further burden to the middle and lower class. They know that, but it sounds good on paper so they run with it.
Agreed. The real question is, why would middle class people talk the position that favors the rich and against their own financial interest and the interest of the nation as a whole?

Old 06-29-2015, 07:50 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

I'm poor and 10% of my income indefinitely goes to repaying my school loan. I did not qualify for any financial aid and because I did not qualify for financial aid, my NYS scholarship was worth only $100 per year for books.

I receive no EBT, no housing asst, no free phone, no free or subsidized healthcare etc.
Aaah, the school loan payment is making you poor?

Either way, my post stands. The rich get passive income, the poor get passive income, the middle class pays and can only dream of passive income.

Passive Income: Income received on a regular basis with little effort required. Closely related to the concept of "unearned income""

- How much time do you work to pay for your school loan? The poor doesn't have to pay.
- A poor person gets lets say... $300 every month on their EBT. How much do you work to earn that (after taxes)?
- Housing asst, free phone, assisted electric, free or subsidized healthcare etc... How much do you work to pay for yours?

How much do you work to pay those bills? The poor get "passive income" that me and you have to work and earn W2 (highly taxed) income to pay for our bills and to pay for their bills. To build a passive income we, the W2 income worker has to do without, save, invest to build wealth in hopes of building enough that will give us passive income like the poor get.

So... how many years would you work, how much wealth (money) would you need to invest to receive the same passive income that the poor get from the tax payer? And they want someone else to pay more taxes? That is greed.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Agreed. The real question is, why would middle class people talk the position that favors the rich and against their own financial interest and the interest of the nation as a whole?
How about that... paying more than my share of taxes is for my own financial interest?

Old 06-29-2015, 08:00 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,398,548 times
Quote:
Because they've been duped by Republican corporatist politicians.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaseMan View Post
Because they've been duped by Republican corporatist politicians.
Taxes and mortgages are the middle classes highest expense and you want more? Stop begging for other people's money.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:08 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,129 times
Quote:
Because the rich guy gets rich because I have a job. The more he makes.. the more I make. What is the welfare mom going to do to create a job for me? I used to care about the interest of the nation as a whole....but after 35 years of busting butt to get ahead and seeing how the nation has pissed away my money, keeps legislating how I have to live and what products I have to or can purchase...... Personally.... I don't give a damn.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:14 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Are you kidding me??

The bottom 50% pay more taxes per capita than the richest rich in America. What the hell are you talking about??

Do you even understand the meaning of proportionate taxing?
Oh, my! Obama math, huh? I learned a different math where 2 + 2 = 4! Works every time for me. Never could make any sense out of Obama math.

Perhaps you should not try to equate your so-called "proportionate taxing" with straight-forward "percent of the net."

Old 06-29-2015, 08:22 AM

1,609 posts, read 1,079,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Will homeowners pay Consumption tax on their housing consumption?

Fuhgeddaboutit.
Use your brains. There are always exceptions in any law which can be made to reflect proper adjustment for credible items...such as food should never be taxed in any way! Housing can be adjusted to reflect "sane" policy.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
Because the rich guy gets rich because I have a job. The more he makes.. the more I make. What is the welfare mom going to do to create a job for me? I used to care about the interest of the nation as a whole....but after 35 years of busting butt to get ahead and seeing how the nation has pissed away my money, keeps legislating how I have to live and what products I have to or can purchase...... Personally.... I don't give a damn.
I agree, what is the welfare mom going to do to create a job for anyone?

This is the reason people need to stop with the "what about the poor" rhetoric. Politicians are using the poor to drain more money from the American people. The middle class are tapped out so Democrats turned their attention to the upper middle class defining them as the evil rich. They will continue draining them until government taps them out.

No-one with any common sense actually believes that government will legislate the poor's prosperity, no, they give them just enough to keep them on board. Case in point, Obama raised taxes, did anyone, poor or middle class get a windfall?

You got yourself and your family to take care of and they will only keep taking until you are poor. The middle class needs to be able to take care of themselves first before they can help others.

Last edited by petch751; 06-29-2015 at 08:48 AM..

Old 06-29-2015, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kat949 View Post
Are you kidding me??

The bottom 50% pay more taxes per capita than the richest rich in America. What the hell are you talking about??

Do you even understand the meaning of proportionate taxing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lorrysda View Post
Oh, my! Obama math, huh? I learned a different math where 2 + 2 = 4! Works every time for me. Never could make any sense out of Obama math.

Perhaps you should not try to equate your so-called "proportionate taxing" with straight-forward "percent of the net."
kat949 is only parroting the left's propaganda. The left's useful idiots. I wonder if kat949 actually thinks government will legislate her into prosperity lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies