Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2016, 03:41 AM

4,902 posts, read 4,218,731 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Or, maybe some folks can exercise rational choice and not make babies while not having money and living in areas where there are drugs and gangs. Oh, but that's unthinkable. That would require some minimal self-control. Not to mention basic pride. And we can't expect THAT of anyone now can we?
I understand exactly what you are saying. However that does not necessarily apply to everyone who qualifies for Section 8.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2016, 04:38 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,440,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
You're not helping yourself here. If we want to talk about tax dollars, I would like to stop funding corporations, I would like to stop funding useless expensive wars, and I would like to stop funding a bloated prison system. Let me know when we stop wasting my tax dollars on those things, and then we will talk about this issue you have with your tax dollars going to illegals.
So you're saying we should stop wasting money on A, B and C, but not on D.

I say we stop wasting money on all of it.

How about that?

Quote:
That is what your whole rant was about, illegals, right?
If you have to ask, then you didn't read what I said very carefully, did you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
Being closer to prospective victims of rape, murder and burglary the move will lower CO2 emissions that contribute to global warming. In other words it's "the green thing to do!"
LOL.

Quote:
Now I got to ask you where are they going to put all the Section 8 housing on Martha's Vineyard where all the high and mighty left wing democrats vacation and live? I am thinking John Kerry, who made his millions by marrying not one but TWO wealthy widows never having accomplished a damn thing on his own, needs some diversity in his life!
I'm sure John ("my fellow soldiers were rapists, torturers and baby killers") Kerry doesn't have to worry about any poor folks living in his hood, any more than Teddy Kennedy had to worry about green energy windmills being placed within view of the Kennedy compound!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Yeah, because there's no connection between Hitler and labor camps.
So what if there's a connection?

They had workhouses in Victorian England.

If the choice is between somebody being a parasite and working for a living, I vote for working for a living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigboto View Post
Did you know that many Section 8 tenants are disabled and/or elderly? Would you want those people turned away just because they are section 8 tenants?
The obvious answer to that is "no."

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, to be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if there are those who would soon throw the elderly/disabled under the bus.
Who here has said that?

Nobody.

On the other hand, Obama stole from Medicare for the elderly in order to fund Obamacare for the young and able-bodied....

Old 06-07-2016, 04:56 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:
No, we have a THIRD WORLD solution now, in the form of section 8, where one group of people steal from another because they need it. That is 3rd world. No one has a right to a house or housing. Housing is a product offered at a price. It is not free. It does not just exist for the taking. It is not a right. It is not something to be demanded. It is not something to be taken. It is not something to be stolen. It is something to be earned and traded for. Let's try 1st world: You earn your keep and trade for what you need without creating victims and making demands backed by a gun in the form of the police power of the state. THAT IS THIRD WORLD.
You would prefer they live on the streets., this is what a civilized society does for it's needy.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:01 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,839,563 times
Getting back to the subject, which is not housing for the needy (that subject would be people attaining housing they can afford), remember AFFH--Obama's most radical "achievement" yet. Write it down, because it's coming to your local zoning board.

In fact, forget your local zoning board because the Feds will decide what's built in your neighborhood and who's going to live there--to be supported by you, the local property and school tax payers.

Wake up, Sheeple.

P. S. Special thanks to John McCain, Lindsay Graham, Susan Collins, et.al. And you wonder wht there's a Trump.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:52 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,121,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phxone View Post
What kind of behavior do you think your kids are learning from you? Based on your posts, your kids are learning to look down their noses at people that have a different socioeconomic status and skin color. Young children will most likely grow out of throwing rocks, your children will most likely turn out to be elitist, racist scumbags their entire lives.

BTW, respect is earned and should be mutual. You have done nothing to earn the respect of these kids and you clearly have zero respect for them. I would say that this is a case of reaping what you sow.
Uh, no. An adult does not need to earn the respect from a freaking child. Kids are supposed to respect their elders and should know that throwing rocks is not right and will be dealt with.

Your post reeks of jealousy. Those young children won't grow out of throwing rocks if they aren't punished for it. They'll probably do much worse as they get older.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:12 AM

643 posts, read 472,177 times
Why rent to them, most will just destroy your property. If the Gov wants to house them, let them build camps.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:14 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,048,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You would prefer they live on the streets., this is what a civilized society does for it's needy.

There is nothing civilized about giving people what they want and need by taking it from others against their will. There is nothing civilized about destroying people by giving them free stuff and making generation after generation slog through the mud of subsistence living while acting as vampires on the productive and virtuous.

Nothing civilized about that. In fact, quite the opposite. Section 8 is a form of genocide.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:26 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
There is nothing civilized about giving people what they want and need by taking it from others against their will. There is nothing civilized about destroying people by giving them free stuff and making generation after generation slog through the mud of subsistence living while acting as vampires on the productive and virtuous.

Nothing civilized about that. In fact, quite the opposite. Section 8 is a form of genocide.
That escalated quickly.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:31 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,543,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
That escalated quickly.
If you consider the simple truth escalating.

Old 06-07-2016, 07:32 AM

8,081 posts, read 6,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
If you consider the simple truth escalating.
I don't think it's fair to compare a safety net to an actual genocide.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies