Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2018, 01:17 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You are taught to be gay just like you are taught to be hetero. You don't learn that all on your own.

Someone helped you along the way, that was already chose to be gay.

Public education teaches the kids today.
Ugh, this is why you are on ignore for me. You aren't taught to be asexual, heterosexual, homosexual or bisexual, you just realize it. For some this happens early in life, for others it is much later on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2018, 05:25 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
um...not at all.

Someone showed you how it is done.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
LMAO!

I have told this before,but it bears repeating whenever someone spouts such nonsense.

I have a friend who was adopted. He was the result of an affair. His father got divorced because of that, remarried, and in total had at least 3 kids.2 boys, 1 girl. All 3 of these were raised in different homes by different parents, 1 in another state entirely. None knew each other until adulthood when they finally met. Yet all 3 are homosexual. The one thing they share is a father that my friend never met, and who was out of the girls life very early because of the affair and the mother moving out of state.

I know another family in which 2 out of 3 men siblings are gay. All the girls though are heterosexual. The men are all over 80 now, and were raised in a rural part of a red state by a conservative family, and went to school there in , what, the 40's and 50's ?

Im sure the gay agenda in public schools was big in the rural red states in the 40's

Its not public education.
Its called genetics.

Sounds like daddy was a pedophile and taught them... Just saying.

Old 01-27-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Ugh, this is why you are on ignore for me.

I beg to differ...
You had to take me off to quote me.
Nice try though. It sounded virtuous.

To put that much effort into it, I must live rent free in your head.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:01 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So at what percentage do you think minorities should be represented on TV?
The black population is 45 million and hispanics number over 50 million now so they are basically 1 out of every 3 Americans according to the census.
I don't think I've ever seen a Hispanic family in a commercial.

As I said before, I don't have cable now and haven't had it for years. So I don't know if this has changed.

It' interesting to see how marketing is used and ask yourself WHY and HOW it is being used.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willamette City View Post
Sounds like YOU are making a big deal about it. I've been reading your posts (a lot of them) You do care!
You are misinterpreting the reasons why I am posting, and what aspect I do care about it. Go re-read the posts if you actually care to understand what I think.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:27 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,801 times
is this another poll??

Old 01-27-2018, 06:30 AM

89,038 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I think its more to do with the racism, intolerance and hatred that Trump has been preaching and this has an overall effect on gullible Americans who are often too clueless to think for themselves, as well as stirring up feelings of racism and hatred that are often left buried, but now free to be openly displayed.
No... I saw a BIG reverse on empathy/understanding for LGBT when the Obama Admin sent that "Dear Colleague" letter to every K-12 public school in the country. Many people drew the line at that. 77% of those age 30+ (old enough to have school age kids) disagree with allowing male students to change and shower with female students in school multiple occupancy locker/shower rooms by simply saying they "feel like a girl" that day, no proof required whatsoever.

Oddly, the "Dear Colleague" letter cites Title IX as its authority, but LGBT isn't a protected class under Federal Civil Rights Law. So the letter's legal claims aren't even valid. /SMH

Old 01-27-2018, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No... I saw a BIG reverse on empathy/understanding for LGBT when the Obama Admin sent that "Dear Colleague" letter to every K-12 public school in the country. Many people drew the line at that. 77% of those age 30+ (old enough to have school age kids) disagree with allowing male students to change and shower with female students in school multiple occupancy locker/shower rooms by simply saying they "feel like a girl" that day, no proof required whatsoever.

Oddly, the "Dear Colleague" letter cites Title IX as its authority, but LGBT isn't a protected class under Federal Civil Rights Law. So the letter's legal claims aren't even valid. /SMH
Yep. People want to behave in a voluntary manner.

ORDER them to think/feel/speak so their thoughts can be controlled through authoritarian maneuvers, laws, coercion, and name calling/insults? They push back.

And that's what being seen today.

Old 01-27-2018, 06:35 AM

89,038 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Don't make the bakers the victims. They broke local anti-discrimination laws.
BIG problem with the state's case... Constitutional Rights and the Federal Civil Rights Act (religion is a protected class, LGBT is not) supersede local/state laws: US Constitution's Supremacy Clause, Article VI.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies