Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 10:20 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,339,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yeah, mixed race, and mixed LGBT families with kids NEVER have issues due to these specific areas. It is all rainbows, and unicorns. Nobody is criticizing their lifestyle, or choices, but to portray it as the PREFERRED lifestyle which Hollywood, and the Media do is dishonest at best.
It is weird how only bigots and racists notice this stuff. I couldn't even tell you the race or sexual orientation of people in tv commercials. If you get upset at seeing mixed race or same sex couples on tv, it is you that has the problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 10:21 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
People THINKING SHE'S ILLEGAL.

I mean, that should be obvious.
So what if people think she's illegal? If they even do? She lives in CA, it's a plenty Hispanic state, especially in her area, illegal or not. It's not like she lives in some anti-progressive, conservative area.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:32 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
It is weird how only bigots and racists notice this stuff. I couldn't even tell you the race or sexual orientation of people in tv commercials. If you get upset at seeing mixed race or same sex couples on tv, it is you that has the problem.
I don't have cable. Haven't for years.

Had an opportunity to watch TV recently, and noticed that almost every family was interracial in the commercials I saw. I don't know if it was the channel or what, but absolutely noticeable that this population is being represented above it's percentage in the general population.

To point out a fact does not make anyone racist. It just means: Hey, here's a fact. Did you know this?

People who get offended by facts have problems.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I don't have cable. Haven't for years.

Had an opportunity to watch TV recently, and noticed that almost every family was interracial in the commercials I saw. I don't know if it was the channel or what, but absolutely noticeable that this population is being represented above it's percentage in the general population.

To point out a fact does not make anyone racist. It just means: Hey, here's a fact. Did you know this?

People who get offended by facts have problems.
Even if what you say is true, what is the problem? If you want to only see white heterosexuals on tv, you should get busy building a time machine.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:45 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
You realize the same population that elected Obama was responsible for electing Trump, right?

Same people voted. So how *all of a sudden* does this make the USA full of racists and homophobes?

Between Obama's last day and Trump's first ... what, the pod people came in and changed the entire country over night?
LOL.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Even if what you say is true, what is the problem? If you want to only see white heterosexuals on tv, you should get busy building a time machine.
If there's no problem, why are you so offended by a FACT?

Old 01-26-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
If there's no problem, why are you so offended by a FACT?
Who said I was offended? I just made an observation that only racists would notice the number of interracial couples that appear in tv commericals.

Are you offended by that fact?

Old 01-26-2018, 11:02 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,635,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
It's only the leftist thugs and fanatics, the loudest and the very, very small minority, who advocate such insanity. Like the vast majority of people, most of us do not demand such things and are perfectly satisfied with simply equal treatment, as we already have.

You see, depressed and mentally ill people will continue to demand rights they already have because they want people to look at them and they enjoy being victims.
Unfortunately, it's the leftist thugs and fanatics and the loudest of the minority that get the attention. When you ask most people what they think of gays as a group, odds are pretty good that it's the attention-whores, rather than people like you, who will come to mind. Same with the transgendered. Most heterosexuals might be put off with the idea of giving their physical affections to someone of the same sex, and they might be genuinely perplexed at how someone could be physically one gender but psychologically another. But they're also most likely to just shrug their shoulders and move on. But when the activists demand that Christian bakers either violate their consciences or get sued into oblivion, and that biological boys be allowed to use girls' locker rooms, and that we all "celebrate" their bedroom choices, that's when the push-back begins.

I notice a lot of Trump bashing on this thread, which is ironic given that he is probably the most pro-gay Republican to ever take office. But regardless, if you (not you, specifically, EastwardBound, but "you" in general) want to know why he now sits in the Oval Office, one of the biggest reasons is this very issue. People who just want to live their lives in peace got tired of being called names if they didn't march in lockstep with whatever the politically-correct meme-du-jour was. They got tired of seeing the activists verbally and even physically attack those with whom they disagreed. Trump's election was as much a counter-reaction to Occupy and BLM and La Raza and the transgendered loud-mouths as it was anything else.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Who said I was offended? I just made an observation that only racists would notice the number of interracial couples that appear in tv commericals.

Are you offended by that fact?
So only racists can identify facts?

Is that your argument? That other people are too stupid to recognize facts?

When people are faced with a fact an appropriate reply is: Wow, I didn't know that. Or, Are you sure that is true?

Being offended ... not so much.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:19 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,311,358 times
Is there some reason why we are supposed to be "comfortable" with sin and perversion?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies