Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2018, 09:48 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,636,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
It seems like the Hollywood media is pushing it down our throats, even just plain TV commercial , half of them are either glt or interracial families
So interracial families are wrong and immoral, and so TV should not try to make the appear to society as normal. Just like TV shouldn't portray gays in respectable roles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2018, 09:49 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
I don't see "Castro Street Gays" except Gay Pride parades or LGBTQ protests. They might be open about it, but us straights are open with our boyfriend (if you are a girl) or girlfriend (if you are a boy.) I say live and let live. Gays just want to express love like straights can do. If that is "flaunting their sexuality" I would look into the mirror and rethink things. Ask yourself Do I flaunt my sexual status? Think about if you talk about my sexual conquests. Think about the times you talk about your SO to co-workers. Remember the time you kissed your SO in public. What about the times you danced witj your date. Maybe you hold your SO's hand at the movies. If you answered "yes" to any, and you complain about gays and lesbians, you have the problem, not them because you are a hypocrite.
Yeah... I'm hetero and I know I hold my husband's hand when we are out on dates, give him a quick peck, kiss goodbye when I drop him off at the airport or the like... I mean, we don't try to hide the fact that we are a couple.

What so many people are saying is "flaunting" their "lifestyle" (don't get me started on how being gay isn't a "lifestyle") is really just two gay folks holding hands while taking a stroll or referring to one another as their partner, husband, wife, etc.

It's stupid for people to get so bent over something so NORMAL.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
It seems like the Hollywood media is pushing it down our throats, even just plain TV commercial , half of them are either glt or interracial families
Please tell me more about your struggles while loafing in front of the TV, brought on by a biracial kid eating Cheerios with her black father and white mother.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:54 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Please tell me more about your struggles while loafing in front of the TV, brought on by a biracial kid eating Cheerios with her black father and white mother.

Yeah, mixed race, and mixed LGBT families with kids NEVER have issues due to these specific areas. It is all rainbows, and unicorns. Nobody is criticizing their lifestyle, or choices, but to portray it as the PREFERRED lifestyle which Hollywood, and the Media do is dishonest at best.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yeah, mixed race, and mixed LGBT families with kids NEVER have issues due to these specific areas. It is all rainbows, and unicorns. Nobody is criticizing their lifestyle, or choices, but to portray it as the PREFERRED lifestyle which Hollywood, and the Media do is dishonest at best.
It is not a lifestyle. It's a life.

Maybe if everyone who is part of what is the NORM (typically, that's white people who are heterosexual) quit being so freaked out by people who have another skin color, ethnicity, sexual orientation doing things like washing their clothes, eating breakfast cereal, or buying consumer goods in a commercial, these folks who are not part of the majority wouldn't feel like the rest of us are out to get them.

Come on... ask yourself... what is the ratio, throughout your life, of commercials you've seen filled with "traditional" families to ones you have seen that were not?

Does it hurt you for these nontraditional families to see actors on a screen that look like them?

Will your Frosted Flakes lack their same crispy goodness having known that a gay couple might buy that brand, too?

Old 01-26-2018, 10:01 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Who's portraying it as preferred? They're simply being portrayed because they exist & are part of society, just like you. If that makes you uncomfortable & makes you question your sexuality, that's your problem.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:04 AM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
This thread is another example of how the worse traits in people are being routinely exhibited these days. Trump's election was the confirmation of this. Many of the posters here just further reinforce it.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:08 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,945,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
This thread is another example of how the worse traits in people are being routinely exhibited these days. Trump's election was the confirmation of this. Many of the posters here just further reinforce it.
You realize the same population that elected Obama was responsible for electing Trump, right?

Same people voted. So how *all of a sudden* does this make the USA full of racists and homophobes?

Between Obama's last day and Trump's first ... what, the pod people came in and changed the entire country over night?

Old 01-26-2018, 10:12 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Don't make the bakers the victims. They broke local anti-discrimination laws. That's the point of the suits. It's not a "you hurt my feelings!" thing, it's a "you broke local law" thing. Amazing how people like you can twist facts and others will fall into your trap. You've probably fallen into a trap yourself, thinking this.
Exactly, many of these same posters that feel it is ok for a baker to break the law are the ones that proclaim the rule of law to be paramount when it comes to things like immigration and federal drug laws. We all know that it is just a smokescreen anyway. Using religion to cover up your own hatred and bigotry is disgusting.

Old 01-26-2018, 10:18 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golgi1 View Post
That's the exact opposite of how it was.

Is that really the ridiculous revisionist history that the Left is going with?

Marriage is specifically a religious function. It was more recently made into a government function.

Unless you are claiming that Orthodox Jews, Mormons, and Muslims placed heavy religious emphasis on a government function throughout their histories.

All that needed to be done was to make civil unions legally equivalent to marriage, and then allow gays to engage in civil union. Instead, they weren't satisfied until they corrupted the religious function of marriage. And, no, no matter what anyone says the deeper metaphysical-religious concept of marriage does not allow for same sex unions. Though, I'm also sure that most know nothing about it.

How does the consummation function of marriage, which is a legally and metaphysically significant act, work in a gay marriage anyhow? Do lesbians consummate it by licking one another and men consummate it by invading one another's colons? Neither act would fall within the definition (nor could it).

The entire situation is a farce forced on the public by un-elected judges. Don't expect widespread public satisfaction with it, no mater what meaningless names anyone can come up with. phobic this, phobic, that. Who cares... avoiding name-calling isn't worth what is given up. We know that you are plenty phobic as well, if that's the only tack and argument you have.
I suggest you read the History of Christianity and you will see I am correct. The government asking religious leaders to assist with marriages begin in the 12c in the U.K. Couples could always have a religious service, but the actual marriage from the government perspective was performed by them, with a couple having the option of a religious blessing.

Historically marriage is a contract between 2 parties, the religious component was added much later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies