Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2018, 03:57 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,969,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
uhm

the median household yearly income 1970......$7600 …………..in todays (inflation )dollars ...$49,076.02
Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2018

yet:
the median household yearly income 2018......$61,770.... clearly not any type of """decline"""
Read what I said. Hourly median income of the working class. Not "household" or some other nonsense you bring up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2018, 04:10 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
well if it is... then the liberals should really be sweating … because the cost wont be 6 trillion for singlepayer...it will be 6 quadrillion
Lefties can't do math. That's why California community colleges no longer offer Algebra classes. Algebra is too hard.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:12 PM

Quote:
even the min wage has kept up with inflation
https://www.dol.gov/whd/minwage/chart.htm
min wage at start (oct 1938).. $0.25........ in todays dollars (2018) $4.44

min wage 1945....................$0.40..........in todays dollars .......... $5.57

min wage 1984...................$3.35.........in todays dollars...........$8.08

min wage 1993...................$4.25.........in todays dollars...........$7.37

min wage 1999...................$5.15.........in todays dollars...........$7.74
Inflation Calculator | Find US Dollar's Value from 1913-2018
You are aware that rents are not included in inflation right? Have you seen the rental prices in 2018?

Old 06-08-2018, 04:12 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,725,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Lefties can't do math. That's why California community colleges no longer offer Algebra classes. Algebra is too hard.
Except nearly every other civilized country in the world has universal health coverage, even countries larger than the U.S. We went to the moon using technology less sophisticated than the average smartphone. I think we can do health care.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
You are the one who said you will not use what you've paid in. You have no idea what might strike you. Be glad you wont be at the mercy of the insurance industry who'll kick you off with a lifetime cap.
Won't happen. I self-insure for normal medical expenses and have an inexpensive no limit high deductible catastrophic policy for everything else. Even so, if I'm that ill, I don't see any point in prolonging my suffering, costs, or life.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Impossible to take you seriously when you dont know the difference between average and median. This just proves it even further.
How so? It's proof that Sweden has more poor people per capita than the US. And they STILL pay the 25% VAT.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:16 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Instead of your employer deducting $400 or whatever a month for your insurance it will go to Medicare. The only losers are the insurance companies.

If all the money being poured into insurance companies and health management organizations was sent to a single-payer health care program for everyone, the benefits could be far better than Medicare offers. Those employers that offer no health care currently, would be required to contribute, as is only fair. Medicaid would still exist for low-income people and would continue to pay all costs for them, as well as provide dental care. All of us would get better benefits and it would cost a lot less than the spotty coverage we now have.

It warms my heart, to think of all the crooked politicians who would no longer be getting bribes from lobbyists for the insurance and health management industries. And there would be aggressive negotiations with the pharmaceutical companies, to lower prescription costs. In relation to this, the health care program could take the initiative in research and development of new medicines, cutting out many of the absurdly-high prices of patented drugs.

The high costs of health care can be reduced on many different fronts. The major barrier to this, is the greed of politicians, who stand in the way of legislation that would overhaul it. This November, we could make a big dent in that problem, by ejecting those who sustain it. There should be a rating number assigned to each politician or candidate, based on their support for health care reform. That would be for reform that was founded on benefiting people, rather than those who profit by diverting a large portion of the resources to themselves.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:16 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
Quote:
Who uses Algebra on a daily basis?

By the way Republican math is like this Tax cuts for the rich = +1
The GOP debt to pay for it?............................................. - $ 1,000,000,000,000,000

Aw heck who cares?

MAGA right?

Old 06-08-2018, 04:18 PM

Quote:
How so?
Because you dont know the difference between average and median. So why take you seriously?

Old 06-08-2018, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Won't happen. I self-insure for normal medical expenses and have an inexpensive no limit high deductible catastrophic policy for everything else. Even so, if I'm that ill, I don't see any point in prolonging my suffering, costs, or life.
There will be a limit if you need serious care. And who says you'll be suffering? The treatment might cost a truck load of money with little suffering but you are now announcing you will rather die than get back what you claim to have paid in Medicare taxes? Thats admirable but likely puffed up talk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies