Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-15-2018, 02:18 PM

50,327 posts, read 47,080,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Better than it being thrown in the trashcan.
You can always pack your kids lunch, or take him/her lunch everyday.
For ten years now the kids eat what they want, try to trade with someone else and the rest goes right into the trash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2018, 02:18 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Newsflash! School lunches have NEVER been great.

In the late 60's early 70's, when I was in elementary school, our lunches were homemade and pretty good, except the hamburger patties.
The only thing I hated, was the soyburgers(had to be) and they must have been broiled???, definitely not fried or grilled. They were gross.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:21 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
In the late 60's early 70's, when I was in elementary school, our lunches were homemade and pretty good, except the hamburger patties.
The only thing I hated, was the soyburgers(had to be) and they must have been broiled???, definitely not fried or grilled. They were gross.
Well, mine were terrible except for one day a week - Friday was sloppy joes day and I did love their Sloppy Joes. But I can remember referring to 'mystery meat' more than once about some of those meals.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:24 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Well, mine were terrible except for one day a week - Friday was sloppy joes day and I did love their Sloppy Joes. But I can remember referring to 'mystery meat' more than once about some of those meals.
I didn't know what one of those were until I got married and a Manwich commercial.(just bought a can of sauce today at the grocery store)
Our school never had sloppy joes. They would have been a hit. Probably because of the sloppy effect and soiled clothes.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:24 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisco kid View Post
Millions of Americans grow up with health problems because they eat too much garbage and have poor eating habits, and people wonder why the US has the most expensive healthcare in the world.

Conservatives hate Michelle Obama because she is black. No surprise there.
They constantly refer to her by racist names like mooch and monkey.

But of course they always deny ever being racist or uncivilized.
This is why Trump won. Thanks, dude.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:26 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,433,006 times
I thought our school lunches were great, especially fried chicken. Sometimes a good lunch is the only thing that can get you through a day in high school. That and drugs.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:27 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCW View Post
So we have a choice between potentially having heavier kids who can be guided to make better eating decisions, and having hungry kids who can't stay awake in class because the food sucks. Our country is already about the lowest you can get among advanced nations in terms of education, Mrs. Obama's school lunch thing just pushed us even lower.
If they want to be spoiled brats and not eat healthier lunches, that's on them.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:28 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
Mmmm good old TVP.

Old 12-15-2018, 02:34 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,954,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Not this conservative. If I was single I'd ask Michelle for a date. But I have serious issues with her politics.
You have serious issues with healthy school lunches? Who in their right mind would be opposed to that?

Do you work for the soda and junk food industry?

Old 12-15-2018, 02:34 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Better than it being thrown in the trashcan.
You can always pack your kids lunch, or take him/her lunch everyday.
There needs to be a balance.

I had no problem with the 1st Lady trying to suggest (rather than the government mandate) healthier food for kids to eat at school.
American kids need to get healthier, and one of the ways is certainly improving their diets. I'd also like to see a return to more PE, which for some kids is the only exercise they will ever get.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies