Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 10:46 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retroit View Post
Bring your own damn lunch. It’s not my job to feed other people’s kids. I couldn’t afford kids, so I didn’t have any. Don’t punish me for your mistakes.
Some people do pay for those lunches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2018, 10:49 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,891,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
As much as I hate giving the Great Pumpkin credit, kids were not eating those awful lunches. I know because my kids would not eat them or left most uneaten.

Whole wheat pizza AYFKM!?! Even my pizza fanatic son would not eat that thing.
I make whole wheat pizza crust all the time, and no one notices the difference.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 12-17-2018, 10:52 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
Reality Check - we've seen pictures of the actual school lunches. Often moldy, unappealing, mush, colorless, yeck, food that would make you sick.

Stuff that the Obamas would refuse to eat.

Oh, but her own daughters' lunch at the private school seemed delicious. Maybe they should have used THAT menu. Kids would love it.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:54 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I can use that hyperactivity to teach them something. The lazy mut won't go fetch the ball to save his life.
Hyperactivity doesn't work well in a classroom setting.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:55 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,891,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolom View Post
That sounds awesome.
In theory. I haven't actually seen the food but it is much better than the elementary/middle school according to my kid. He still wont drink the 1% milk and opts for Gatorade at $2.50 a bottle. The lower schools still have a lot of corn nuggets, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, fries for their vegetable choices. He took his lunch in middle school.

Old 12-17-2018, 10:58 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Michelle will get the last laugh at her inauguration in January 2021

Old 12-17-2018, 10:58 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Reality Check - we've seen pictures of the actual school lunches. Often moldy, unappealing, mush, colorless, yeck, food that would make you sick.

Stuff that the Obamas would refuse to eat.

Oh, but her own daughters' lunch at the private school seemed delicious. Maybe they should have used THAT menu. Kids would love it.
You realize that the districts make the menu, not Obama, right? And the districts also have a budget, right? So it is up to the districts to get creative, right? You also know that school lunch programs have been losing budgets for decades, right? Long before Obama came into office, right? You do know that, right? You wouldn’t just be posting out of thin air, now would you?

Old 12-17-2018, 10:59 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,632,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
In theory. I haven't actually seen the food but it is much better than the elementary/middle school according to my kid. He still wont drink the 1% milk and opts for Gatorade at $2.50 a bottle. The lower schools still have a lot of corn nuggets, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, fries for their vegetable choices. He took his lunch in middle school.
"Corn nuggets"? I have never heard of that. Is it something new?

Old 12-17-2018, 11:00 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Have you even tried it, or do you know it's awful just because
I've tried it, in a restaurant.

Honestly, trying to make healthier versions of "unhealthy" foods doesn't usually work well when it comes to taste.

Just give them very small portions of the real thing along with lots of fruits and veggies.

That said, I remember the school pizza when I was a kid during the Clinton and Bush Jr days, and even back then the pizza was god awful. It was like eating a soggy sponge.

Old 12-17-2018, 11:00 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Originally Posted by TigerLily24
This.

As for the nonsense about kids staying awake, I guess some think it's better to have kids hyperactive and unable to concentrate due to excess sugar, etc.
So, feed the kids cr*p food that gets them hyper, prescribe them drugs to calm them back down and then incarcerate them when they drop out and graduate to illegals and crime.

It's the American way.

Less sugar in childrens diets..... Ya, lets dumb them down, when their brains are craving it... literally
Because the brain is so rich in nerve cells, or neurons, it is the most energy-demanding organ, using one-half of all the sugar energy in the body.
Only after adolescence does it become a bad thing and causes cells to age. Not to mention diabetics.

Sugar and the Brain | Department of Neurobiology
“The brain is dependent on sugar as its main fuel,”

Brain functions such as thinking, memory, and learning are closely linked to glucose levels and how efficiently the brain uses this fuel source. If there isn’t enough glucose in the brain, for example, neurotransmitters, the brain’s chemical messengers, are not produced and communication between neurons breaks down. In addition, hypoglycemia, a common complication of diabetes caused by low glucose levels in the blood, can lead to loss of energy for brain function and is linked to poor attention and cognitive function.
I can only assume that you did not read the entire article, as it also said that too much sugar is unhealthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies