Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 05:02 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
So what's in Trump's tax returns that demands they be "permanently under audit?"

There is no audit. He just doesn't want the world to know the truth about his shady finances
Six years have been requested.

Obama was president for most of those years, so the Treasury Secretary was a Democrat.

If the IRS had found something shady about Trump's finances during those years, it would have already been shouted from rooftops.

I don't like Trump, I'd never vote for him, and I'm not a Republican, and I also don't care if any presidential candidate doesn't want to make his or her tax returns public.

If not making tax returns public bothers someone enough, then withhold voting for that candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2019, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'm sure you would say the exact same thing if Obama refused to release his tax returns when he took office.

I don't know what that poster would say, but I already said that I wouldn't care who refused.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:10 PM

6,229 posts, read 3,411,736 times
[quote=r small;54939844]The returns are likely to expose Trump's claim that he's a big philanthropist as a lie (along with many other lies). I will wager that the returns will show that Trump has donated virtually nothing to charity. Any takers?[/quote

Trump donates all his presidential salary to charity...
Quote:
President Trump Donates His Quarterly Salary Again, Liberals Are Furious
https://explainlife.com/president-tr...furious-13399/

Why is the left PO'ed because he donated to the HLS to help build the wall....

Old 04-14-2019, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsabi View Post
When in fact a person goes to an extreme extend to hide something there is always something to hide. Just what is it that Trump is hiding?

Where there's smoke there's fire, and in Trump's case there must be a blazing inferno in his tax returns.

Me thinks someone blow out the match when the Mueller report was released by Barr.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Yeah, seriously. I seem to remember these people demanding Obama produce a birth certificate. No other President had ever been asked to do that. I wonder why...

Eh...but a couple republican presidential candidates were asked....Cruz and McCain.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Yep. Trump's got something to hide alright. And it must be a pretty big deal the way he's so desperate to keep it hidden. And I want to know what it is. I suspect it's a little more serious than claiming deductions for his underwear.

Damn..you mean I could have claimed a deduction for my underwear...I need to file a revision. Could you tell me which forum I need?

Old 04-14-2019, 05:17 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Does anyone really think that if Trump had cheated on his taxes we'd not have heard about it by now? He gets audited every freakin' year! He knows the Deep State and the Left have been out to get him forever so he's very careful and even over pays. Sean Hannity does, too, by the way for the same reason.

Avenutti and Manafort, just to name two, owed back taxes. Whenever that happens the info goes public.

The Loony Left are so far out on a limb they are dancing on the skinny branches and you know what happens when you dance on the skinny branches...

A lot of people skate through the IRS without ever raising any flags. And how do you know Trump is "audited every freakin' year" ? Just because he said so ? Well, with his history of not being able to tell one thing truthfully, I would bet good money he has not been audited.

Last edited by WMak70; 04-14-2019 at 06:12 PM..

Old 04-14-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Trump was foisted upon America because the right wing has zero respect for the American people. He has cheated and lied his way through his entire life and has stolen from fellow Americans time and time again. He is a low life and the USA's version of Idi Amin.

Idi Amin? Man you are reaching...I am surprised you didn't mention Hitler in your rant.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsboy View Post
If Trump is as wealthy and successful as he CLAIMS to be .... wouldn't it benefit him to release his tax returns? Other presidents have done it VOLUNTARILY not because they had to, but because it was the RIGHT thing to do -- in the spirit of full disclosure. The American people deserve to know whether their president has any conflicts in his personal business dealings, investments, etc. With Trump's sketchy financial history (multiple bankruptcies) and poor credit rating (US banks quit loaning him money years ago) the only conclusion we can reach is that he's hiding something.
No, it isn't.

He might be refusing to do it for no other reason than to p**s off particular groups of people.

Quote:
And once again it needs to be said -- if this were Obama or Hillary refusing to release tax returns you'd be screaming for their heads. And you know it.
That poster.....who knows?

But plenty of people who don't care about Trump's returns wouldn't.

Plenty of people are neither Republicans nor Democrats.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Old 04-14-2019, 05:26 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantiquity View Post
In all cases federal law supersedes state laws..so your post and their action is moot.
Wrong. The states set their qualifications for ballot access.

https://ballotpedia.org/Ballot_acces...ial_candidates

Quote:
In order to get on the ballot, a candidate for president of the United States must meet a variety of complex, state-specific filing requirements and deadlines. These regulations, known as ballot access laws, determine whether a candidate or party will appear on an election ballot. These laws are set at the state level. A presidential candidate must prepare to meet ballot access requirements well in advance of primaries, caucuses, and the general election.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies