Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2019, 02:19 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The irony is that they have to burn high levels of fossil fuels to get the resources necessary to create electric cars. The carbon output of electric cars is often higher than most fossil fuel burning cars. For the left, it's all about feeling good while wallowing in ignorance.
I agree, to a large extent the whole green movement is about trying to avoid downsizing and making sacrifices, and even about making money from people's poor conscience.

Old 10-05-2019, 02:21 PM

15,867 posts, read 14,495,108 times
Battery powered cars are a dead end. We need to keep conventional IC powered cars, and develop biofuels for them.

Old 10-06-2019, 04:58 AM

1,705 posts, read 539,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
The irony is that they have to burn high levels of fossil fuels to get the resources necessary to create electric cars. The carbon output of electric cars is often higher than most fossil fuel burning cars. For the left, it's all about feeling good while wallowing in ignorance.

No its not..

The production process of an average EV results 15% more emissions than a production of a gasoline car. However, lifetime emissions of electric vehicles compared to gasoline cars are on average 51% lower.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:16 AM

1,705 posts, read 539,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
If EV's are such a good idea why do they have to legislated into existance?

Tesla is the first CAR company in the US to go public since 1956...

How come not more car companies have been created in the US Capitalistic society?
Because its VERY difficult to break into..

It needed a Genius like Elon Musk to create one using Batteries.

It got help from the Government with funds when nearly ALL companies got funds to stay afloat... and paid it all back and is now expanding expanding expanding expanding each year. Elon Musk has created tens of thousands of US jobs because of those loans.

You gotta wonder why fossile fuel car companies don´t produce Electric cars.. since they are cheaper to manufacture, more efficient, uses less fuel, less parts, less wear and tear, less oil, less maintenance, faster, more acceleration, quieter etc etc etc....

Should think all those things are what consumers would want in a car.... but Manufacturers have done everything they can to stop the evolution. Why?

Why would they not want more efficient and reliable cars on the roads for regular consumers.........

The EV car costs would plummet if a BIG company just retooled one of their factories for EVs.. There is a market for them.. they just dont want to produce them. Its not because they are worse then ICE cars! Thats for sure...

Old 10-06-2019, 05:25 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
https://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...-a7065616.html

Norway is increasingly seen as the envy of the world. It is FIRST place in the world happiness index. It is #5 in median income (U.S. is behind at #8). It has a debt-to-GDP ratio of -90.5 percent. In other words it has a national surplus, not a national debt.

Norway has obviously made a lot of good decisions. Now they are making another good decision by banning the sale of fossil-fuel-powered vehicles by 2025. Not the 2030 plan of Gov. Jay Inslee, which was seen as way too ambitious and radical but 2025.

Can someone please explain to me why we are not following Norway's lead????
Because our economy would be in the toilet if we did.

Old 10-06-2019, 05:33 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,478,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Isn't Norway sits on a huge oil reserve and one of the largest exporters of oil?
Should Norway be forced to use the oil because they have it? I live in coal country but I don`t want to heat my home with it.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:33 AM

18,472 posts, read 15,262,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Should Norway be forced to use the oil because they have it? I live in coal country but I don`t want to heat my home with it.
Not really his point though. Assuming what he said is true (I dont know.) if they believe oil is destroying the earth, should they be exporting it to the rest of the world to use? That would indicate that profit is more important to them than principals, and their new domestic law is just window dressing.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:38 AM

30,396 posts, read 19,191,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Because our economy would be in the toilet if we did.
This comment should end the thread for being all the explanation needed and totally on point.

Old 10-06-2019, 07:03 AM

2,558 posts, read 2,908,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Isn’t Norway a major oil producer and exporter?
Bingo!

Old 10-06-2019, 01:18 PM

25,947 posts, read 24,759,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
Bingo!
I don't think it is a major oil producer, well, only by European standards because Europe has little oil. Globally, even countries like Kazakhstan, Mexico and Brazil produce more oil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies