Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2019, 11:40 PM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Answer - Because Trump is a horrible horrible horrible person with little interest and zero empathy for anyone other than himself.
Answer - Because you can't make a cohesive argument, you resort to name calling.

Old 08-29-2019, 11:41 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
I thought Tennessee was a religious place that actually cared about people?
Don't believe the hype.

Old 08-30-2019, 12:22 AM

6,913 posts, read 3,377,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Where is this nonsense coming from. I’m sorry but many Americans are lazy and don’t want certain jobs. Without them we will have a job shortage. There are many jobs working on farms. What American wants it. Stop listening to Trumps lies
Americans as a whole are among the hardest working people. https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...the_world.html

And there are no jobs American's won't do https://cis.org/Report/There-Are-No-...ricans-Wont-Do

Stop listening to Democratic Candidate's lies.

Old 08-30-2019, 02:44 AM

4,049 posts, read 2,742,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yeah, yeah, you hate Trump. Rah rah illegal aliens while US citizens sleep on the street because of liberal policies.
There is exactly the same amount of US citizens, homeless, children & those who are ill in the same position they were in or worse as there were in 2016, maybe more.
Point is most R's would have money spent on the wall than help any US citizen. Both parties are hypocrites.

Old 08-30-2019, 03:35 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,674,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Any excuse to get to the United States. And like I said, the USA is a big huge neon blinking light to everyone with the word "FREEBIES" on it.
The notion being that the undocumented are eligible for and get everything for free, is just not the case:

https://www.upworthy.com/illegal-imm...s-and-benefits

https://www.politifact.com/facebook-...medicare-free/

I do agree however that there are plenty enough citizens already struggling and in need of care who should be considered the priority.

Last edited by In2itive_1; 08-30-2019 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: 2nd article link.

Old 08-30-2019, 05:12 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
I am reminded of a story that hardened my heart against these cases. This was MANY years ago -- at least 20 and probably more than 30, I think -- and there was a case of people here illegally from Mexico and their daughter was born with most of his or her brain missing, and the doctors said there was NO chance she would survive for more than a few days, as most. Well, the parents were very religious and insisted that s/he be kept on life support that cost thousands of dollars a day because they were praying for a "miracle". Well, the child did live - for about a month -- and ended up costing the taxpayers I don't know how much because the parents were poor and so, of course, they had no medical insurance and no way they could pay for their daughter's care.

I do feel sorry for those children and their parents, but life is not fair and, unfortunately, infants die every day.

Now, if we are talking about emergency care (like broken limbs) due to a serious car crash or vaccinations, that is entirely different. But spending millions of tax dollars to care for children who are here -- or would be here --illegally? I don't think so.
"Now, if we are talking about emergency care (like broken limbs) due to a serious car crash or vaccinations, that is entirely different. But spending millions of tax dollars to care for children who are here -- or would be here --illegally? I don't think so"

I AGREE whole hardheartedly!

Old 08-30-2019, 06:28 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddeemo View Post
Americans as a whole are among the hardest working people. https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...the_world.html

And there are no jobs American's won't do https://cis.org/Report/There-Are-No-...ricans-Wont-Do

Stop listening to Democratic Candidate's lies.
Not only that but why do posters like her continue to bring up the crop picking argument? Picking crops isn't a career job for Americans especially those that live in urban areas. It's only seasonal work and the body can only hold out so long for that type of work. BUT, we have unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers for those jobs so why would we need illegal aliens for to pick crops? Only 2-4% of illegals are picking crops but some greedy growers hire illegal aliens instead to increase their profits. It's inexcusable as they pass their enormous social costs on to the taxpayer.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
There is exactly the same amount of US citizens, homeless, children & those who are ill in the same position they were in or worse as there were in 2016, maybe more.
Point is most R's would have money spent on the wall than help any US citizen. Both parties are hypocrites.
The walls help prevent these illegals from entering our country and sucking up our taxes, healthcare, jobs and resources that should go to Americans instead. Ever think about that?

Old 08-30-2019, 06:31 AM

10,023 posts, read 15,671,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"Now, if we are talking about emergency care (like broken limbs) due to a serious car crash or vaccinations, that is entirely different. But spending millions of tax dollars to care for children who are here -- or would be here --illegally? I don't think so"

I AGREE whole hardheartedly!
In those instances, the children are treated until they are well and expected to return to their native country.

The OP seems to be referencing children with ongoing medical issues that he argues should be paid for by the American taxpayer and the patient is entitled to permanent residency.

Old 08-30-2019, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If you're so compassionate, then you open your own wallet and pay for their surgeries
Human compassion should reserved for our own citizens and legal immigrants not illegal aliens who thumbed their noses at our immigration laws. What part of that don't these fools get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies