Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2019, 10:25 AM

7,783 posts, read 6,081,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
It's in the IG report which is referenced. Try reading it.
Then why did you reply this way to my post which only pointed out a flaw in an article you linked to?

Try responding to people on topic, instead of jumping on your soapbox to change the subject. I know the topic of the entire thread is the IG report, but at least you could answer to the flaw in the article.

Last edited by Cruzincat; 12-10-2019 at 11:04 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2019, 10:26 AM

57,227 posts, read 26,178,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
So what was this " crucial " factor that was " key" to opening the investigation .
The report says what was not " crucial " in opening the investigation .
And it alludes to there being a "crucial" fact to opening the investigation , but as far as I have read I cannot readily identify this most " crucial " fact that prompted the investigation ?
Anyone ?
Just askin ?
Anybody?
Bueller ?
It appears to be statements by Papadopoulos and the Wiki Leaks disclosures.

Old 12-10-2019, 10:27 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,418,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruzincat View Post
Then why did you reply this way to my post which only pointed out a flaw in a not article you linked to?

Try responding to people on topic, instead of jumping on your soapbox to change the subject. I know the topic of the entire thread is the IG report, but at least you could answer to the flaw in the article.
The IG report addresses the origin and it wasn't what Trump claimed as the article clearly explains. They both go hand in hand. Just because it doesn't fit your narrative doesn't make it flawed.

Old 12-10-2019, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...another-agency

Horowitz finds FBI lawyer falsified FISA doc; WaPo stealth-deletes Strzok connection

I take it, you were not told.
That has nothing to do with your misstatement that there was no warrant on Page in 2014, now you are just deflecting rather than admitting you were wrong.

Old 12-10-2019, 10:30 AM

5,067 posts, read 2,275,078 times
It’s ‘Hillary’s Email’ all over again: highly unethical and procedurally wrong, but these are “IMPORTANT PEOPLE”, and the investigation refuses to admit any wrongdoing. If any ordinary person or office did this it would be game over for them. Those with power are never going to be held responsible the way we’d like them to be. Both sides, btw.

Old 12-10-2019, 10:31 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,398,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Unfortunately, we seem to have reached a point where a significant portion of the populace are incapable of basic common sense, and rational thinking, and therefore subject to all manner of manipulation. This is quite dangerous to the collective freedoms we take for granted as Americans, given the forces clearly desiring total authoritarian control over us, and their unwitting followers who like sheep, simply follow, much to their own peril, along with the rest of us.

While it would be foolish to expect a universal consensus on any matter whatsoever, and particularly as it pertains to such controversial and contentious matters as political ideology, which by nature is subject to opinion .... we all should be able to reach simple conclusions based on simple, uncontested facts.

Whether you are of the mindset that Trump is a bad guy, or good guy ... whether you believe the investigation of him was warranted or unwarranted ... whether you believe the process was conducted fairly or unfairly, there is one basic fact that cannot be dismissed .... those who were at the forefront of the investigation, and intimately involved in that investigation were politically biased against him. To claim otherwise is a total fraud, and renders your position indefensible. There is no need for assumption, or opinion, just plain rational analysis. We have the FBI parties communicating amongst themselves clearly exposing not just political bias, but unhinged disdain for the President, even before he became president. The comments made need no interpretation for those with a 5th grade grasp of the English language .... comments like “Hillary should win 100,000,000 to zero” ... “He won’t win, will he? ... No, we’ll stop him”. “He’s not going to win, but we can’t take any chances, we need a back up plan”.

Clearly these comments prove beyond any doubt whatsoever, that the parties involved in the investigation were absolutely, positively, politically motivated and biased. For he IG to conclude otherwise thoroughly destroys the credibility of his “conclusions” and we might just as well have allowed Adam Schiff, or Lisa Paige to write the report .

Now, for those of you who can’t understand this very basic logic, you are not intellectually qualified to participate in an election process, either for Presidents, Congress, or dog catcher.
This was a well thought out response, I was impressed. Unfortunately the Trump folks do not appear to be taking this advice and that's been frustrating. To regress the Mueller Report said very clearly "If we had confidence after a thorough investigation of the facts that the president clearly did not commit obstruction of justice, we would so state. Based on the facts and the applicable legal standards however, we are unable to reach that judgment" These very clear sentences were actually debated by the Trump folks. Common sense tells us exactly what those sentences meant, yet here is Trump and his followers claiming the Report cleared him of obstruction which is a total crock. The Report said no such thing. Can't you see why this is frustrating to us? Can you not see how this is just another attempt by the President to spin the truth in his favor as his followers lap it up despite the facts? Seems common sense is seriously lacking from the right.

Now we have this report. Again the conclusion of the report said this was not politically motivated, it was a justified investigation. And that's what we should be discussing.

952 posts, read 323,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfailing presence View Post
So what was this " crucial " factor that was " key" to opening the investigation .
The report says what was not " crucial " in opening the investigation .
And it alludes to there being a "crucial" fact to opening the investigation , but as far as I have read I cannot readily identify this most " crucial " fact that prompted the investigation ?
Anyone ?
Just askin ?
Anybody?
Bueller ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It appears to be statements by Papadopoulos and the Wiki Leaks disclosures.
The official court filing states the investigation was already going on when they first interviewed Papadopoulos ?
https://www.justice.gov/file/1007346/download
How could it have started with him ?

8,411 posts, read 7,418,578 times
When I thought the opinion pieces couldn't get any better after the IG report and impeachment announcement.

Will the GOP’s born-again Trumpers ever pay the price for selling out?

Quote:
I, too, am soul-weary and incredulous that so many Republicans who are “in many ways good people” could become imitators and enablers of the most dishonest and corrupt president in U.S. history. I’m not talking about crazy conspiracy-mongers like Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), Rep. Jim Jordan (R-Ohio) or Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.). Given their intellect and character, you can’t expect anything better from them. I’m not even thinking of Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Tex.), who is smarter but just as unprincipled. What I find crushing is how many normal, mainstream Republicans who know better have sold out to President Trump.

The paradigmatic case is, of course, Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R.-S.C.), who once upon a time accurately denounced Trump as a “race-baiting, xenophobic religious bigot.” Now “Lickspittle Lindsey” will not even look at the copious evidence against Trump because he claims the impeachment process is “a bunch of B.S.” Another notorious example is Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who warned that Trump would turn out to be an authoritarian leader. Now he will not even protect State Department employees from character assassination by Trump’s henchmen. I met both Graham and Pompeo in the pre-Trump era (which now seems as distant as the Paleozoic era) and I am still shellshocked by their transformation. It’s as if their brains have been scooped out and replaced with Trumpian mush.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...e-selling-out/

Old 12-10-2019, 10:32 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,502,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
The DOJ IG could only compel current DOJ employees to be interviewed. Horowitz has no authority to go outside the DOJ. Many of the key players left their jobs and Horowitz could not touch them.

Durham on the other hand, already has a grand jury up and running, and he can go anywhere he likes.
You're expecting Durham and Barr to indict the big players who constructed and carried out the warrants, colluded with FusionGPS and Steele, and directed the investigations. Hope you're right and find out before too long.

Old 12-10-2019, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Unfortunately, we seem to have reached a point where a significant portion of the populace are incapable of basic common sense, and rational thinking, and therefore subject to all manner of manipulation. This is quite dangerous to the collective freedoms we take for granted as Americans, given the forces clearly desiring total authoritarian control over us, and their unwitting followers who like sheep, simply follow, much to their own peril, along with the rest of us.

While it would be foolish to expect a universal consensus on any matter whatsoever, and particularly as it pertains to such controversial and contentious matters as political ideology, which by nature is subject to opinion .... we all should be able to reach simple conclusions based on simple, uncontested facts.

Whether you are of the mindset that Trump is a bad guy, or good guy ... whether you believe the investigation of him was warranted or unwarranted ... whether you believe the process was conducted fairly or unfairly, there is one basic fact that cannot be dismissed .... those who were at the forefront of the investigation, and intimately involved in that investigation were politically biased against him. To claim otherwise is a total fraud, and renders your position indefensible. There is no need for assumption, or opinion, just plain rational analysis. We have the FBI parties communicating amongst themselves clearly exposing not just political bias, but unhinged disdain for the President, even before he became president. The comments made need no interpretation for those with a 5th grade grasp of the English language .... comments like “Hillary should win 100,000,000 to zero” ... “He won’t win, will he? ... No, we’ll stop him”. “He’s not going to win, but we can’t take any chances, we need a back up plan”.

Clearly these comments prove beyond any doubt whatsoever, that the parties involved in the investigation were absolutely, positively, politically motivated and biased. For he IG to conclude otherwise thoroughly destroys the credibility of his “conclusions” and we might just as well have allowed Adam Schiff, or Lisa Paige to write the report .

Now, for those of you who can’t understand this very basic logic, you are not intellectually qualified to participate in an election process, either for Presidents, Congress, or dog catcher.
You started out nicely but you fooled me. So tell me is the ability to ignore the Horowitz report based on common sense and rational thought. Common sense would tell you to listen to independent investigations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies