Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2019, 05:38 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
I know. Great. Still didn't answer my question.
You suggesting I should tell you whether they are leaving on airplanes or over the border?

I do not believe that data is tracked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2019, 06:43 PM

2,180 posts, read 640,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [B
Drewjdeg[/b] ]The Democrats are much more pragmatic. If both Republicans and Democrats lack the will to deport everyone illegally here, then there ought to be a path to citizenship.

The solution is to make it as unattractive as possible to live here illegally.

Self deportation occurred when the jobs dried up in the construction fields after the great recession. Some ways we can encourage self deportation (as well as DIScourage future illegals):

• Stack the Supreme Court with conservative justices to re-interpret and end birthright citizenship
  • Remove laws requiring hospitals to provide medical care to illegals
  • Stop giving them driver's licenses
  • Enforce E-verify (at a MINIMUM)
  • Heavily tax and fine businesses found to be using illegal labor to help offset the costs the taxpayers end up subsidizing
  • Throw business owners in jail who are repeat offenders
  • Massive media campaigns in source countries explaining that the promises of easy access and benefits in the US are FALSE and that they WILL be deported
  • Continue to help increase economic prospects in source countries
  • Cut off federal funding for sanctuary cities
  • Swift deportation and an end to "catch and release"... even if it means detention of hundreds of thousands and a release of native, non-violent offenders to make room in federal prisons. Eventually they will get the message.

With Trump in 2020 - 2024 and an agenda-friendly Republican Congress, a lot could get done in this regard. But Trump has to win resoundingly to show the old guard, illegal-immigration/business friendly Republicans that they will not win another election unless they become the party of national sovereignty and America - and Americans - FIRST.

But if the Democrats are allowed to implement their "de facto open borders" agenda, then the problem will just compound and build again until 30 years from now when they begin talking about MORE amnesties and "paths for citizenship" for the fresh crop of 15 million illegals that will take the place of the existing ones.

Old 12-28-2019, 06:46 PM

52,285 posts, read 52,713,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post

Self deportation occurred when the jobs dried up in the construction fields after the great recession. Some ways we can encourage self deportation (as well as DIScourage future illegals):

• Stack the Supreme Court with conservative justices to re-interpret and end birthright citizenship
  • Heavily tax and fine businesses found to be using illegal labor to help offset the costs the taxpayers end up subsidizing
  • Massive media campaigns in source countries explaining that the promises of easy access and benefits in the US are FALSE and that they WILL be deported
  • Swift deportation and an end to "catch and release"... even if it means detention of hundreds of thousands and a release of native, non-violent offenders to make room in federal prisons. Eventually they will get the message.

With Trump in 2020 - 2024 and an agenda-friendly Republican Congress, a lot could get done in this regard. But Trump has to win resoundingly to show the old guard, illegal-immigration/business friendly Republicans that they will not win another election unless they become the party of national sovereignty and America - and Americans - FIRST.

But if the Democrats are allowed to implement their "de facto open borders" agenda, then the problem will just compound and build again until 30 years from now when they begin talking about MORE amnesties and "paths for citizenship" for the fresh crop of 15 million illegals that will take the place of the existing ones.
I agree.

Old 12-28-2019, 07:29 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
You suggesting I should tell you whether they are leaving on airplanes or over the border?

I do not believe that data is tracked.
Not leaving, coming in...Jesus..! Look, just never mind. Have a good night.

Old 12-28-2019, 07:31 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,800,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenriques1147 View Post

So well written! Thanks my friend...

Old 12-28-2019, 07:35 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,357,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody01 View Post
Not leaving, coming in...Jesus..! Look, just never mind. Have a good night.
The flow of Mexicans for the last decade has been out not in. Not my fault or anything I had to do with. It got to be better to be in Mexico than the US for many, So they left.

And I do hope to have a good night.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:14 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
As long as you can speak English when communicating with me, I really don’t care what other language you speak in public or private. America certainly wasn’t as homogenized as one would like to believe. People took the most important aspects of their cultures and incorporated them into lifestyle of their new home.
Yes, but that process often took generations. And many of the German speakers that I am referring to did not speak English. Many of first generation immigrants did not really assimilate. Often it was the second and third generation that did that.

Old 12-28-2019, 08:18 PM

2,662 posts, read 1,379,439 times
[quote=Woody01;56960271]It certainly will be the death of our nation as we've known it. But I'm guessing that is not only ok, but probably even desired by many liberals.....?[/QUOTEMost liberals I know love the country just as much as you do?

Old 12-28-2019, 10:09 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,139,365 times
[quote=robertbrianbush;56960203]In many areas...urban and rural ..immigrants from Scandinavia and Germany and ither places continued to speak their native tongues for generations.
In the late 1809s early 1900s my hometown of Dayton had German speaking neighborhoods, the Dayton Public Schools operated a number of German speaking schools, the city had a German language newspaper,

And that is what...........over 100 years ago?
And they soon learned English you can bet.

Old 12-28-2019, 10:11 PM

1,850 posts, read 1,139,365 times
[quote=lvmensch;56960494]Ahh the right wing myths continue piled higher and deeper.

It is well established that the illegal aliens make a substantial contribution to the US and its economy. Close to 100 billion in the dairy industry alone according to a spokesman for the industry.

Spokesman had to say something like that or lose his job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies