Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2020, 09:22 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
So what good does it do to shut the economy down and bring on the great depression?

Actually, the Chinese communist government lied about it. They probably even told Trump is was no big deal and he had nothing to worry about because they would handle it. I doubt Trump was getting accurate intel about the virus, especially with the Chicoms going to great lengths to hide the facts. Trump put the interests of the economy over the low perceived risk of the virus spreading. No doubt about it.

The economy is his thing, and what he has consistently derived the most pride from during the presidency. That's actually what people voted for. Most people depend on the economy for their wealth, well being, standard of living, etc so they want and demand a president who will work hard to sustain and grow the economy.

What we know today is, no matter what Trump would have done, Americans would eventually be exposed to the virus and it would take off on our side of the globe. We live in a global economy, and the disease is highly contagious. You can slow the spread, but you can't stop it, and eventually, the hospitals will be overwhelmed.
Of course the Chinese lied. That’s what commies do. The intel told him the Chinese were lying. Besides, you don’t have to be a genius (like Trump claims to be) to figure that one out.

But, that’s OK. Continue enabling him. He’s very proud of himself indeed. He’s a raging narcissist. His arrogance blinded him and so here we are.

Old 03-21-2020, 09:26 PM

17,670 posts, read 6,928,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The Nurse has it right. She tells the truth. And she has a greater chance of dying than you do, because she is on the front line with a growing shortage of protective gear.

Trump said what he said. We heard him on live TV. Get your head out of the sand and wake up!
She's wrong, as usual. But there's no reasoning with unhinged panicked people so I'll go back to watching Netflix.

Old 03-21-2020, 09:29 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,616,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Of course the Chinese lied. That’s what commies do. The intel told him the Chinese were lying. Besides, you don’t have to be a genius (like Trump claims to be) to figure that one out.

But, that’s OK. Continue enabling him. He’s very proud of himself indeed. He’s a raging narcissist. His arrogance blinded him and so here we are.
It not just Trump, its the state Governors too, I doubt very much they would have implemented a total lockdown weeks ago, even if they did treat it seriously from the start, there was and is too much concern for the businesses, they dont get it, cannot have it both ways, you either lockdown and isolate or the virus spreads like wildfire.

This crap about restaurants doing drive thru and carry out are a perfect example, many of them are trying all sorts of ways to get customers to order from them...they STILL do not get it! LOL

Old 03-21-2020, 09:30 PM

14,267 posts, read 6,964,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
She's wrong, as usual. But there's no reasoning with unhinged panicked people so I'll go back to watching Netflix.
Goodbye. And good luck to you and yours.

Old 03-21-2020, 09:37 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,771,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
It's truly scary that someone like you is in the health care field. I wonder, does your hate cause you to give patients different levels of care based on what you think their political beliefs are?
I have worked many a Code Purple in an ER (look it up yourself) and I never discussed politics with patients or coworkers. I just didn’t have the time for that.

I don’t have time to hate either but I do use the nursing process well (you can look that up too).

Why is it that fools always judge others according to their own condition?

Oh, and I’m retired. I can say what I want.

Old 03-21-2020, 09:39 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
The Nurse has it right. She tells the truth. And she has a greater chance of dying than you do, because she is on the front line with a growing shortage of protective gear.

Trump said what he said. We heard him on live TV. Get your head out of the sand and wake up!

So make protective gear! They are literally begging Americans to sew surgical masks! It is no joke, I agree. We should step up and get to it like any independent nation of freedom loving, hard working, resourceful people would. Now is your time to shine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

How do you know what kind of intel he was getting? No intel is 100% correct. As a leader, you have to be able to use your own sound judgement. Biden says we should totally trust China, so you know where he stands. I know Trump felt he had a pretty good working relationship with China. Now he knows he's been played. I give the Chicoms credit for hitting him hard, and where it hurts... The economy. We are in a trade war you know... So which side are you on??

I'm not a huge fan of the handling of this virus by the president. This is not his strong point. But when we vote for presidents, we don't usually ask ourselves or anyone else how qualified that individual is of handling a global pandemic. I voted for Trump based on the belief that he would benefit our economy, our domestic manufacturing base, and he would defend this nation from the assault of illegal immigration. I will most definitely be voting for him again, as he has proven himself to be a stable leader who can navigate our nation through troubled waters, and take all the heat the left and the Chicoms throw at him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
It not just Trump, its the state Governors too, I doubt very much they would have implemented a total lockdown weeks ago, even if they did treat it seriously from the start, there was and is too much concern for the businesses, they dont get it, cannot have it both ways, you either lockdown and isolate or the virus spreads like wildfire.

This crap about restaurants doing drive thru and carry out are a perfect example, many of them are trying all sorts of ways to get customers to order from them...they STILL do not get it! LOL
But no one is forcing you to use the drive thru. They are giving you the choice and freedom to decide what level of isolation you would prefer. A lot of people would flip out and go crazy if they were literally locked in there homes, which is what many are demanding.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:01 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
This is about politics.

One of the reasons the media is trying to freak people out is in hopes of Trump losing in November.
The media are freaking out because health care workers are freaking out. Listen to them. They know.

Its awful when they begin asking people to home sew masks! Or when they beg repeatedly for more ventilators.

Then read how people die from this disease. Now imagine you, yourself, drowning in bodily fluids, hooked up to a ventilator in a crowded ICU unit as you slowly lose oxygen and die.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:06 PM

Quote:
So make protective gear! They are literally begging Americans to sew surgical masks! It is no joke, I agree. We should step up and get to it like any independent nation of freedom loving, hard working, resourceful people would. Now is your time to shine.

How do you know what kind of intel he was getting? No intel is 100% correct. As a leader, you have to be able to use your own sound judgement. Biden says we should totally trust China, so you know where he stands. I know Trump felt he had a pretty good working relationship with China. Now he knows he's been played. I give the Chicoms credit for hitting him hard, and where it hurts... The economy. We are in a trade war you know... So which side are you on??

I'm not a huge fan of the handling of this virus by the president. This is not his strong point. But when we vote for presidents, we don't usually ask ourselves or anyone else how qualified that individual is of handling a global pandemic. I voted for Trump based on the belief that he would benefit our economy, our domestic manufacturing base, and he would defend this nation from the assault of illegal immigration. I will most definitely be voting for him again, as he has proven himself to be a stable leader who can navigate our nation through troubled waters, and take all the heat the left and the Chicoms throw at him.

But no one is forcing you to use the drive thru. They are giving you the choice and freedom to decide what level of isolation you would prefer. A lot of people would flip out and go crazy if they were literally locked in there homes, which is what many are demanding.
That is a TERRIBLE way to try and prevent the spread of a virus, its needs to be EVERYBODY, all on the same page, or none of its worth it.

I was watching some of these people today at work, they do not appear to be scared of catching it, or spreading it to others. I even saw a VERY pregnant lady, she was in the candy bar isle for 5 minutes then went right to the line for the cashier, she was maybe 15" away from the person in front of her! what can you do but laugh?!

Can people really not live without this crap? LOL Im not having any problems, Ive just adjusted how I do things and prioritize things.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:11 PM

29,835 posts, read 24,927,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
That is a TERRIBLE way to try and prevent the spread of a virus, its needs to be EVERYBODY, all on the same page, or none of its worth it.

I was watching some of these people today at work, they do not appear to be scared of catching it, or spreading it to others. I even saw a VERY pregnant lady, she was in the candy bar isle for 5 minutes then went right to the line for the cashier, she was maybe 15" away from the person in front of her! what can you do but laugh?!

Can people really not live without this crap? LOL Im not having any problems, Ive just adjusted how I do things and prioritize things.

They are going to do the same thing under a general lockdown, at least as it's being put in place today. People are always going to behave like people.

And if you start locking people in their homes, things could escalate into a much different, possibly more scary monster. You know everyone is buying guns and booze like crazy. They are already looking at double digit unemployment, the nation is maxed out on debt.... If things were to get out of control, and you also have a rouge virus running around... What happens when people can't pay their bills? The banks will likely go under if everyone stops paying their mortgages. Are people going to be kicked out of their homes if they can't pay their mortgage?

I'm not sure you know what it is that you are asking for.

Old 03-21-2020, 10:15 PM

Quote:
They are going to do the same thing under a general lockdown, at least as it's being put in place today. People are always going to behave like people.

And if you start locking people in their homes, things could escalate into a much different, possibly more scary monster. You know everyone is buying guns and booze like crazy. They are already looking at double digit unemployment, the nation is maxed out on debt.... If things were to get out of control, and you also have a rouge virus running around... What happens when people can't pay their bills? The banks will likely go under if everyone stops paying their mortgages. Are people going to be kicked out of their homes if they can't pay their mortgage?

I'm not sure you know what it is that you are asking for.
How will they be able to come into the store and stand in line if the store locks its doors?

This is what all gas stations should have done, people can pay for fuel at the pump, there is NOTHING on the inside of gas stations or convenience stores that are 'necessity' items, its all luxury items actually.

I think within the month, Govt will likely freeze rent and mortgage payments, (not sure they can do that, but they probably will).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies