Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2020, 11:39 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
And what about those who don't?
That’s fine as well. *shrug*

Old 04-24-2020, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Well America never had all these loony issues before we were sold a pack of lies 1965 Immigration Act.

It appears the lies of that Act were nothing more than a tool to bludgeon Christianity and dominant European-Amerixan America.

We are today seeing the fruit of the lies of the 65 Act to completely and forever change the face of America in a million ways.

I don't care what any dem says, America was MUCH GREATER back then. When we didn't have these sorts of cockamamie communist woke issues shoved down our throats
You’re right. America was just beating, raping and sodomizing people during slavery and raping and lynching people during Jim Crow...all while claiming to be Christian.

That darn immigration brought people who want to pray 5 times a day.

Old 04-24-2020, 11:50 AM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
You’re right. America was just beating, raping and sodomizing people during slavery and raping and lynching people during Jim Crow...all while claiming to be Christian.

Praying 5 times a day is cool, if that's your thing - just make sure you don't make it everyone's thing, by broadcasting it in public.

It's about tolerance and respect - if you're making everyone hear your prayer, then those are missing.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:08 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:

Where is this America? Did you know the States came before the federal government? And did you know each and every state has her own Constitution?

If you feel guilty about what a few people in teh South did, that's your problem. My state has a much better track record than most, yet some how we are all getting blamed for something that occurred 175 years ago.

Give it up already. Honestly if the South would have been allowed to secede, it would have been better for all parties involved, and maybe just maybe today all horrible light-skinned people wouldn't be getting blamed for the nonsense of the South.

It's a good thing this loudspeaker isn't near me or waking me up at 4 in the morning, otherwise I would sue Woke Frey and his City for this.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Praying 5 times a day is cool, if that's your thing - just make sure you don't make it everyone's thing, by broadcasting it in public.

It's about tolerance and respect - if you're making everyone hear your prayer, then those are missing.
Just like churches who ring their bells, they gained permission to broadcast in compliance with the noise regulations. Everyone isn’t hearing them, just those within a certain community. Guessing that community is predominantly Muslim anyway.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:11 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
CHURCH BELLS!!!! You see!!!! CHURCH BELLS!!!

This is GASLIGHTING perfection right here in this thread. Liberals know how to do it to perfection.

If the sky was blue, they would tell you it was red, and insist you believe them - and if you didn't believe them, they would shriek in your face that you're RACIST!! or BIGOTED!

Old 04-24-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Where is this America? Did you know the States came before the federal government? And did you know each and every state has her own Constitution?

If you feel guilty about what a few people in teh South did, that's your problem. My state has a much better track record than most, yet some how we are all getting blamed for something that occurred 175 years ago.

Give it up already. Honestly if the South would have been allowed to secede, it would have been better for all parties involved, and maybe just maybe today all horrible light-skinned people wouldn't be getting blamed for the nonsense of the South.

It's a good thing this loudspeaker isn't near me or waking me up at 4 in the morning, otherwise I would sue Woke Frey and his City for this.
That’s American history. Remember you stated that “America never had all these loony issues.” Now you’re upset at being reminded of the loony issues America did have. Jim Crow wasn’t 175 years ago and your state wasn’t a walk in the park either. Get over it.

I guarantee that you’d live. Perhaps praying 5 times a day along with them might make you less miserable. Ramadan Mubarak.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:15 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,510,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Why should he, or anyone not Muslim, have to listen to the Muslim prayer which, obviously, states things in opposition to their beliefs? And at 5:00 a.m. when non-Muslims are asleep, and don’t want to be woken up by it?

And what you just said is just as prejudiced as telling a Jew that he could use the Christian Lord Prayer’s to remind him of his puny existence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Or a prejudiced as an atheist, Muslim, Jew, Jain, Hindu, Buddhist, or Taoist having to listen to church bells. After all, America is not a Christian nation.
Isn’t that what I just said?? You’re so quick to jump on the “not a Christian nation” that you didn’t even read what I wrote. But to restate slightly differently, just as non-Christians shouldn’t have to listen to Christian prayers, non-Muslims shouldn’t have to listen to Muslim prayers. Especially at 5 a.m.! Agree?

Old 04-24-2020, 12:15 PM

22,216 posts, read 21,691,780 times
Quote:
Just like churches who ring their bells, they gained permission to broadcast in compliance with the noise regulations. Everyone isn’t hearing them, just those within a certain community. Guessing that community is predominantly Muslim anyway.

Not really the same imo - prayer is different to music.

Old 04-24-2020, 12:16 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,598,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post

So like me, you object to church bells also, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies