Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2020, 11:56 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,920 times

Advertisements

From the clips that I've seen of her in the role, she is a terrible 007. She has poor acting skills and has a weird tiny head. She will go down as the worse 007 to ever have filled the role.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2020, 12:11 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,886,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
If the new 007 definitely is a black female, I'm definitely not watching it. Ian Fleming is rolling around in his grave. James Bond needs to always be a white British male and I'm a person of color myself.

if white people shouldn't be cast in historically minority roles then blacks shouldn't be cast in historically white roles.
Seems fair enough.

What's next? Jackie Chan as Oden?

Old 11-09-2020, 12:51 AM

2,450 posts, read 973,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
How 'woke' of them to choose her.

Certainly I don't have issues with female or black actresses, but why do they have to keep doing these annoying things where they mess around with the original source material? I have zero desire to see a female actress as James Bond 007.

And 'revolutionary?' Right.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...sm-007-casting

Women of the Year: Lashana Lynch on making history as the first Black female 007
Don't be surprised if that film doesn't get made. The latest Bond film is pushed back at least until March, and it may not even be released in theaters. It might go right to NETFLIX. The entire industry is taking a beating. Bond films, are entertaining but getting a little long in the tooth. By radicalizing the role to a degree is such a huge risk that the studio has to think twice before they commit that type of budget only to have it bomb. If it does get made it wouldn't be until 2024-2025.

Old 11-09-2020, 01:03 AM

26,793 posts, read 22,567,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmm85 View Post
I was hoping for Idris Elba.

I hope not.

( Just thought of the old Soviet joke;

"- They trained me to be a perfect spy in Russia - I learned how to speak Russian with no accent, I learned to like Russian food, to wear Russian clothes, to smoke Russian cigarettes. I learned the geography of the region before they dropped me off the plane here with my parachute.

But you still caught me.
How did you figure out that I was a spy?"

Some dude from a remote Russian village that caught him;
- Except for you are Black.

That's how we figured out that you were not local."

Russians were always playing big part of Bond's enemies, so...

P.S. With that being said, I wouldn't want to see Dr. Huxtable being played by anyone else but.

And "Trading places" would have been ruined if E. Murphy would have been replaced.

Some icons are better left untouched.

But that's just me.

Last edited by erasure; 11-09-2020 at 01:17 AM..

Old 11-09-2020, 03:24 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Since it's not an actual historical figure that they are running roughshod over (Disney's expertise) then fine\whatever.

That being said, they better get it right and Daniel Craig is one of the best Bonds ever so he's going to be tough to follow.

I agree.

I will also note that they made M a woman, and no one seems to mind.

Old 11-09-2020, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agnostic soldier View Post
SJWs are just lazy, uncreative, and unimaginative. It's why they piggyback off of the success of established characters and franchises rather than creating their own. Changing James Bond into a black woman is just tokenizing a character. If they wanted a black female spy then they should create their own original character. Blade, Spawn, Black Panther, Storm, and Brother Voodoo are all black and are all original characters. Their creators didn't need to change existing characters. Sjws like to ignore the fact that it's not female or minority characters that people have a problem with. It's changing established characters that people have a problem with.

Fine rant. But they are not changing James Bond into a woman. They are giving the '007' badge to a black woman because Bond is retiring.

You know, the same as they give jersey numbers to new players when the person who used to wear it retires.

Old 11-09-2020, 03:40 AM

609 posts, read 350,238 times
Every change spawns a whole series of whining and complaining. The 007 movie collection suck anyways. Maybe she will spark some interest.

Old 11-09-2020, 03:56 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
I agree.

I will also note that they made M a woman, and no one seems to mind.
Not even close to the same issue nor subject. Wow, are you that brainwashed to try to make that leap of logic???

Old 11-09-2020, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Not even close to the same issue nor subject. Wow, are you that brainwashed to try to make that leap of logic???
Not brainless at all, friend.

Just pointing out that changing (or adding) a peripheral recurring character has never sunk the franchise before, and won't sink it now.

BTW, I've been watching Bond movies since the first one, so that's over 50 years. I certainly have liked some of them better than others, just like everyone else - but I keep watching them anyway. So will most other real fans. Regardless of who is wearing the '007' badge.

Relax, they're only movies, and certainly not worth starting a name-calling fight.

Old 11-09-2020, 06:37 AM

26,883 posts, read 38,053,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Time View Post
Don't be surprised if that film doesn't get made. The latest Bond film is pushed back at least until March, and it may not even be released in theaters. It might go right to NETFLIX. The entire industry is taking a beating. Bond films, are entertaining but getting a little long in the tooth. By radicalizing the role to a degree is such a huge risk that the studio has to think twice before they commit that type of budget only to have it bomb. If it does get made it wouldn't be until 2024-2025.
Pretty sure it's already been made and "in the can".

It was supposed to be released in the spring of 2020 and has been delayed several times due to the pandemic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies