Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2020, 01:34 PM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,868 times

Advertisements

Nothing against this actress, but No, just no. I am sick of wokeness making it into TV and movies. It ruins the storylines. I cancelled Netflix over this crap. Why not cast Idris Elba if you want "diversity" in the role? I thoroughly enjoyed his work as Luther and think he would make a good bond - the modern Shawn Connery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 03:00 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
That's why I said, "or so it seems".

Actually, most of the Arab terrorists in the movies are generally faceless and nameless. Which probably opens up another front for discussion...

And I just knew Hans from Die Hard would be there!
If you say so......personally, I never saw the flick. I just ran the question through my memory of non Arabs as terrorists and came up with that short list. Certainly others such as Blofeld, Largo, and Blofeld would classify as well as well as those in Juggernaut (1974); I just didn't have the time.

A and B on that. A: Since I have been in the anti terrorism field, I know otherwise to what Hollywood would put out, if it is as you say it is. B: I find that such attitudes are common with people not in the know, such as those who believe Entebbe and Munich were entirely done by Muslims.

Finally, if the movie "The Shipkiller" is like the book, it puts a whole new twist to how people might see who is a terrorist.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2390362/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Old 11-10-2020, 03:24 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,417,747 times
I can see it now, the movie will bomb, and everyone will blame racism and men for the reason.

Old 11-10-2020, 04:48 PM

4,903 posts, read 3,363,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertwrench View Post
Nothing against this actress, but No, just no. I am sick of wokeness making it into TV and movies. It ruins the storylines. I cancelled Netflix over this crap. Why not cast Idris Elba if you want "diversity" in the role? I thoroughly enjoyed his work as Luther and think he would make a good bond - the modern Shawn Connery.
Wokeness is also working its way into comics, table top gaming, sports and even video games

People are getting sick and tired of this crap...

Old 11-10-2020, 09:04 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
Wokeness is also working its way into comics, table top gaming, sports and even video games

People are getting sick and tired of this crap...
I saw a bit of the recent Tomb Raider. You have the tiny actress wrestling this strong giant guy and strangling him to death. Give me a break. At least when Angelina Jolie played it, she was played like a superhero with miraculous speed and acrobatic abilities. It didn't look stupid.

Old 11-10-2020, 09:06 PM
bu2

24,108 posts, read 14,899,793 times
Even George Takei was annoyed that they added an extraneous scene in the most recent Star Trek to show Sulu as gay.

Old 11-10-2020, 09:06 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Let's see what the box office returns say. It's called show BUSINESS for a reason.

Old 11-11-2020, 01:24 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
How 'woke' of them to choose her.

Certainly I don't have issues with female or black actresses, but why do they have to keep doing these annoying things where they mess around with the original source material? I have zero desire to see a female actress as James Bond 007.

And 'revolutionary?' Right.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...sm-007-casting

Women of the Year: Lashana Lynch on making history as the first Black female 007
"I’m part of something revolutionary"

Meaning her checkbook just got a huge bump.

Old 11-11-2020, 03:44 AM

4,910 posts, read 2,060,853 times
I’ve always enjoyed James Bond movies, but to be honest, I’ll probably pass on this version, both at the theaters and blu-ray... That’s if theaters will ever reopen.

I’m tired of having two scoops of political correctness thrown at me, which is a turn off.

Being a person of color, I have no issues with a Black 007 and honestly, I was hoping that Idrissa Akuna Elba would get the role of the new 007 since his name was being floated around back in early 2019. IMHO, Elba would have been great in that role and at the same time, moving that franchise forward, in a more respectable manner to the true concept of the “James Bond” character.

Granted that the James Bond movie franchise is huge and in a totally different league, but recently, several “female” remakes of lesser franchises have severely sucked... Like the female remakes of Ghostbusters and Oceans Eight.

Personally, I think that “political correctness” is going to damage Hollywood for the next few years if they don’t wake up to realize that people watch movies for entertainment, not political indoctrination.

Old 11-11-2020, 04:43 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
I got very tired of the Bond movie over the last several years because it is just constant things blowing up and people shooting at each other. I still watch the Connery Bond movies. Much better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies