Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2021, 12:31 PM

89,046 posts, read 44,853,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
How does that answer my question about Ireland? Why can Ireland move into the 21st century and legalize abortion, when you can’t.
What does that have to do with the fact that legislatures and courts throughout the US (which I do not control, by the way) have legally defined the killing of a fetus as homicide?

Homicide: the killing of one human by another
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2021, 12:37 PM

89,046 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
Abortion should be legal. And it should also be legal for the father to walk away.

What's good for the goose is good for the gander
That solves the problem with forced child support payments for unwanted children. Now what do we do about taxpayers who don't want to be responsible for paying for pre-K through 12 education, etc., for children they did not want and had no say in creating? Can they walk away from that financial obligation, too?

Old 05-27-2021, 12:38 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,045,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What does that have to do with the fact that legislatures and courts throughout the US (which I do not control, by the way) have legally defined the killing of a fetus as homicide?

Homicide: the killing of one human by another
You answered a question with a question. Why can Ireland see a good reason to allow abortion, and you can’t?

But to entertain your nonsense: homicide may or may not be murder, and may or may not be lawful. Some homicides are legal, lawful, and good. If you want to define abortion as homicide, then that would be the good kind that is lawful, rational, moral, beneficial, and a good way to rectify an unintentional fertilization.

Old 05-27-2021, 12:43 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,770,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That solves the problem with forced child support payments for unwanted children. Now what do we do about taxpayers who don't want to be responsible for paying for pre-K through 12 education, etc., for children they did not want and had no say in creating? Can they walk away from that financial obligation, too?
No.

Like it or not you live in a civilization. You'll pay your taxes. And a civilization that refuses to take care of its children *deserves* to fail.

Old 05-27-2021, 12:44 PM

Quote:
No.

Like it or not you live in a civilization. You'll pay your taxes. And a civilization that refuses to take care of its children *deserves* to fail.
And so does a father than abandons his.

Old 05-27-2021, 12:48 PM

Quote:
And so does a father than abandons his.
True enough. But if a mother can kill the kid, surely the father can just walk away.

I'm not talking about what's a good choice. I'm talking about what should IMO be legal.

Old 05-27-2021, 12:58 PM

Quote:
True enough. But if a mother can kill the kid, surely the father can just walk away.

I'm not talking about what's a good choice. I'm talking about what should IMO be legal.
I believe in reality, not equality. If you have the penis you should know that if you take part in creating a fetus that actually becomes a child and gets born you will face a lifelong responsibility. But at the same time you won’t have the decision as to IF it gets born. I’m not paying for your mistake (as a taxpayer). And women have the biological capability and responsibility of handling fertilized eggs. It’s not equal. They determine what gets born, and yes, you’re stuck if you fertilize a woman who is not your wife and who won’t abort the fertilized egg. Makes it very important to handle the penis with great care and attention to detail. There’s no equivalence or equality to any of it. Just reality.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:09 PM

2,953 posts, read 993,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WK91 View Post
As someone who wants to be a part of the new Republican Party, I don’t care at all about abortion.

On a personal level, abortion is awful and I think it’s the absolute worst wrong choice someone could possibly make. But I try to stay out of other people’s business as it is really not my concern. I definitely don’t want my tax dollars being used in any way for abortion, or any welfare program for that matter. If your own family doesn’t care about you, why should I have to?

So it angers me that John Roberts and the others may change this law, which I don’t care about at all, while they ignored election law over the summer that led to Trump’s fraudulent loss.

They also will do nothing to help control the border.

Bottom line, I’m just a guy without a political party. I hate the Democrats with an absolute passion, but the Republicans are focusing on stuff I don’t care about, like abortion.
Well said. I don't give a rat's @ss about abortion one way or another. I used to care more about pro-choice but the left's utter obsession with it has driven me away. On a priority scale of issues that can make or break the function of this country, abortion is about 638th on the list. Furthermore I'm just feeling downright ornery and unsympathetic about supporting the pro-choice movement anymore. It's been made so plain to me that whereas I support every single one of the dems/liberals personal freedoms, they don't support all of mine. This is not an equitable socio-political arrangement between me and the left. Congratulations a-holes. You've driven away a former supporter. FWIW the republicans are way too fixated on abortion as well. Again ... 638th on the damn list. Focus. The importance given this issue is downright retarded.

Old 05-27-2021, 01:25 PM

Quote:
I believe in reality, not equality. If you have the penis you should know that if you take part in creating a fetus that actually becomes a child and gets born you will face a lifelong responsibility. But at the same time you won’t have the decision as to IF it gets born. I’m not paying for your mistake (as a taxpayer). And women have the biological capability and responsibility of handling fertilized eggs. It’s not equal. They determine what gets born, and yes, you’re stuck if you fertilize a woman who is not your wife and who won’t abort the fertilized egg. Makes it very important to handle the penis with great care and attention to detail. There’s no equivalence or equality to any of it. Just reality.
So you're a forced-birther then?

Have fun with that

Old 05-27-2021, 01:39 PM

Quote:
So you're a forced-birther then?

Have fun with that
Yes, for men. Careful where you stick your junk, or you may face forced child support. Reality!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies