Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 01:39 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,493,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Or he doesn't watch news that shows people fleeing in terror.. I watch Fox News, so i see excellent coverage, i dont know if CNN or MSNBC is also showing it.
It's been reported Biden never has the TV on in the WH. So, he sees nothing. Which is why his pressers are such a disconnect from reality. Trump, otoh, was glued to several TVs all day. Biden doesn't watch TV during the day.

I've been watching mostly CNN - Clarissa Ward on the ground there in full chador, looking like a nun - walking the streets, Taliban telling her to cover her face - and now she's at the airport waiting to get out. She continually speaks to the difficulty of getting through Taliban - most of whom can't read so documents mean nothing - and the chaos everywhere. Tuned in to FOX today for a while which was also informative. I don't like FOX because it spews a lot of crap, but on this issue there isn't any difference between what you see and hear on CNN and FOX.

Universally, the botched implementation of this evacuation is being skewered on CNN and FOX and MSNBC. No one is whitewashing this debacle.

Last edited by Ariadne22; 08-20-2021 at 02:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 01:39 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Does anyone know if the other two leaders, or their governments, have confirmed that they've had any discussions with Biden?
Not confirmed by Macron but on the WH website. It'd be pretty stupid to put something official up like this that would be a lie, but hell, I've seen stuff like that with the past administration so why not?

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...ron-of-france/

Old 08-20-2021, 01:40 PM

17,590 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Default At least harris came out of her hidey hole for joes speech

She's been in hiding since this cluster screw up started. She sure looked like she wanted to be anywhere but behind him!

Miranda Devine: Kamala Harris noticeably absent amid Afghan crisis as Joe Biden 'stinks of failure'

https://www.foxnews.com/media/mirand...nks-of-failure

Quote:
"Unfortunately this has been a debacle in Afghanistan and Joe Biden owns it, and he stinks of failure and defeat, and she wants to be as far away from that as she possibly can," Devine said.

"It’s quite a betrayal of the vice president not to be standing by the president's side who's now given two sort of ‘speeches,' I guess you could call them, since Friday. And it is quite remarkable that she has decided not to show solidarity with the president -- it tells you where the White House is. And she, I suppose, is thinking she will be stepping into the president’s shoes."

She offered comical relief with her bobble head actions during his say nothing speech!

He spoke for 15 minutes and all that came out is garbage. His answers to media were frightening in his ignorance of what is going around him!

We did this, we did that, we will bring out everyone (HOW???), our allies are with us (HUH???), consensus (I DOUBT IT)

He's good at dodging issues! (We got all kinds of cables and advise, but buck stands with me???) We haven't heard of people not able to get to airport. "Abdul, get to airport" (Like that can happen when Taliban is looking for him)

We've been in constant contact with Taliban leadership! (WHAT LEADERSHIP? they are all cave dwelling tribes with many leaders)

"Why do you continue to trust the Taliban, Mr President?" (Ignored)

Trump made agreements to be out in May

Total waste of air time

Old 08-20-2021, 01:41 PM

3,464 posts, read 2,791,738 times
Do you believe
We’re on the eve of destruction?

Old 08-20-2021, 01:43 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,620,010 times
Khalil Haqqani is now in Kabul recruiting (pressuring) young men to join the Taliban. He's one of the most wanted terrorists in America and we have a $5 million bounty on his head. This can't be good.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:45 PM

9,824 posts, read 11,554,110 times
You Know, as bad as this has been mishandled by the Biden Organization, I still trust Him over Trump and his bunch of Cronies/Thieves.

Old 08-20-2021, 01:45 PM

34,066 posts, read 17,088,810 times
https://nypost.com/2021/08/20/taliba...aganda-videos/

Old 08-20-2021, 01:47 PM

5,861 posts, read 3,300,267 times
Default Biden left 158 Blackhawk Helicopters

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/m...19/id/1032994/ Great job! Joe Biden is a complete disaster. Kamala is even worse than he is. Two bumbling idiots!

Old 08-20-2021, 01:49 PM

45,232 posts, read 26,457,645 times
"We'll build more!"- Sikorsky Aircraft

Old 08-20-2021, 01:52 PM

12,906 posts, read 15,664,669 times
I thought this was pretty funny:
https://www.reuters.com/business/aer...st-2021-08-19/
Quote:
Current and former officials say that while they are concerned about the Taliban having access to the helicopters, the aircraft require frequent maintenance and many are complicated to fly without extensive training.

"Ironically, the fact that our equipment breaks down so often is a life-saver here," a third official said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies