Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2022, 06:17 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,213,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
yep.
And they think men should be sterilized/castrated.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:19 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,898,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Then be more responsible. Problem solved.
As I tried to point out in my other post that got deleted (just as well, I was really feeling irritated when I typed it), you can be the most careful and responsible driver out on the road. Does that mean you'll never have an accident? Of course not.

So please tell me why you'd want to ban people from having car insurance? Because in your world, and that of Informed Consent and berdee, everyone is responsible and no one ever has an accident.

I know they believe that, but please tell me you seriously don't believe for one second that even if everyone in the world used birth control and used it correctly, there would never be any unintended pregnancies.

Because this is really what this is all about. Abortion should not be about rewarding good women who use birth control and not anyone else or about controlling women or about punishing women who have sex by making them give birth or about religion or about what someone else has a stick up their butt about.

And just because some women will use abortion as convenient birth control doesn't mean it should be cut off from every woman. That's like cutting off food stamps for everyone and punishing everyone who who actually needs food stamps because of a few who exploit the system.

And worst of all, the only one who really suffers when a baby is born to a mother who doesn't want him, is the baby. Even if the baby is put up for adoption, we have over 400,000 kids already looking for a forever home. Many of those kids have parents but end up in foster home after foster home, many aging out of the system at 18 and ending up on the streets.

Is this what you really want?

Old 04-15-2022, 06:19 PM

23,608 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Please prove that most Republicans are for smaller government when they want to interfere with everyone's sex lives.
So you can't prove what you say. got it.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
No, I would like men to be held to the same standard of responsibility as women are. I want them to keep their zippers up, I want them to control themselves, I want them to use condoms ALL the time, and I want them to step up to the plate and be a father if they get a woman pregnant. It takes TWO to tango.

Let me be clear on this. If a man has sex with a woman, he is consenting to her getting an abortion if she gets pregnant and doesn't want to keep the baby. If he doesn't want to consent, then he can just stay abstinent.

This is totally expected, by you and others, to be done by women. Why do you think men can't be held to the same standard?

Old 04-15-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
As I tried to point out in my other post that got deleted (just as well, I was really feeling irritated when I typed it), you can be the most careful and responsible driver out on the road. Does that mean you'll never have an accident? Of course not.

So please tell me why you'd want to ban people from having car insurance? Because in your world, and that of Informed Consent and berdee, everyone is responsible and no one ever has an accident.

I know they believe that, but please tell me you seriously don't believe for one second that even if everyone in the world used birth control and used it correctly, there would never be any unintended pregnancies.

Because this is really what this is all about. Abortion should not be about rewarding good women who use birth control and not anyone else or about controlling women or about punishing women who have sex by making them give birth or about religion or about what someone else has a stick up their butt about.

And just because some women will use abortion as convenient birth control doesn't mean it should be cut off from every woman. That's like cutting off food stamps for everyone and punishing everyone who who actually needs food stamps because of a few who exploit the system.

And worst of all, the only one who really suffers when a baby is born to a mother who doesn't want him, is the baby. Even if the baby is put up for adoption, we have over 400,000 kids already looking for a forever home. Many of those kids have parents but end up in foster home after foster home, many aging out of the system at 18 and ending up on the streets.

Is this what you really want?
Your post is filled with strawman arguments and excuses…and nobody said there wouldn’t be pregnancies, however, it would obviously drastically reduce pregnancies.

Then put the baby up for adoption. By being responsible there will be much fewer kids looking for a forever home.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
So you can't prove what you say. got it.
All I have to do to prove it is find a Republican senator who is crying because he doesn't want gun control, but still wants to control what a woman wants to do with her own body.

*shrug*

Plenty of those examples around. Do I really need to find one for you?

14,267 posts, read 6,958,342 times
Quote:
It's easy for a man to be sterilized. Much easier physically than what you expect a woman to do if she becomes pregnant.

Men getting vasectomies is the responsible thing to do.

Quote:
No, I would like men to be held to the same standard of responsibility as women are. I want them to keep their zippers up, I want them to control themselves, I want them to use condoms ALL the time, and I want them to step up to the plate and be a father if they get a woman pregnant. It takes TWO to tango.

Let me be clear on this. If a man has sex with a woman, he is consenting to her getting an abortion if she gets pregnant and doesn't want to keep the baby. If he doesn't want to consent, then he can just stay abstinent.

This is totally expected, by you and others, to be done by women. Why do you think men can't be held to the same standard?
Don’t recall anyone saying otherwise, so have no idea what you’re complaining about.

Lol. As you say it takes 2 to tango. The woman also has the choice to say no, not just the meanie man…and nobody is giving consent to get an abortion.

Again, please post where anyone has said it’s also not the man’s responsibility to be responsible?

Old 04-15-2022, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It's easy for a man to be sterilized. Much easier physically than what you expect a woman to do if she becomes pregnant.

Men getting vasectomies is the responsible thing to do.
Then be responsible. Problem solved.

Men and women being responsible is the responsible thing to do. Yep, and tubal ligation is also a responsible thing to do.

Old 04-15-2022, 06:31 PM

23,608 posts, read 12,543,921 times
Quote:
All I have to do to prove it is find a Republican senator who is crying because he doesn't want gun control, but still wants to control what a woman wants to do with her own body.

*shrug*

Plenty of those examples around. Do I really need to find one for you?
Where did I ask about gun control in this thread? That's right, nowhere.
Admit it, you'd previously made a comment that you cannot back up so now you're flailing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies