Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2022, 10:42 PM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post

The resulting costs should NOT be federalized.
I agree, they are the responsibility of the pregnant person and the baby's father.

Old 05-02-2022, 10:43 PM

8,630 posts, read 10,157,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
We need an over under on how many corporations are gonna buy this story hook line and sinker tomorrow and make statements and then we find out Wednesday this is nothing but a rumor
Convenient leak hours before voters do their thing tomorrow.

Old 05-02-2022, 10:43 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,303,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Politico published it.

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/0...e-pdf-00029504

Sotomayor's clerk apparently was the leaker.
Haven’t they published a ton of false stuff before. I can’t see them admitting who leaked it. That person will be in massive trouble

Old 05-02-2022, 10:45 PM

609 posts, read 303,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I've thought the country is going to split for a long time. Will this be the catalyst? Maybe the beginning of the catalyst. If companies decide not to locate in restrictive states, and those states become progressively poorer, will it lead to resentment and permanent divide?
What makes you think they'll do that?

Texas just based a restrictive anti-baby-killing law and yet companies keep flooding in.

Old 05-02-2022, 10:46 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Yup, red state problems.

As much as I'm (shocker) not a giant fan of murdering teh babies, I'm an even smaller fan of supporting someone else's unwanted babies. Predominantly it's a red state women's issue if Roe vs. Wade gets overturned. There's enough of 'em and a few men on a similar page that if they decide to want access to birth control, morning after pill, abortions, sexual education, government funded prenatal care, requirement that heal insurance cover delivery costs, they can keep those things. If they don't want them they can watch them go away. It seems not great to me but who am I to tell them what they should want?
Completely agree. As long as the consequences are kept within their state, it's their choice. Just make it clear the costs cannot be federalized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
I agree, they are the responsibility of the pregnant person and the baby's father.
Plenty will be given up for adoption.

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I'll believe it when it happens. We saw all kinds of "leaks" about Trump that proved false..or grossly misreprented..so I'm willing to wait and see what this is all about. It may end up being a nothing burger. The bigger issue is who would leak a SCOTUS document and what should we do to them?
Laura Ingraham said that some of her fellow former SCOTUS clerks reminded her via text that Chief Justice Rehnquist told them that if they leaked anything that they were gone and that their careers were finished.

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupp-certified View Post
What makes you think they'll do that?

Texas just based a restrictive anti-baby-killing law and yet companies keep flooding in.
The Southeast leads the US in growth most years, while California & NY are losing population every year.

Old 05-02-2022, 10:48 PM

32,072 posts, read 15,077,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Roe was not about privacy. Privacy rights existed well before the case arose-in 50 states.

The 2022 SC is correcting the Roe Courts mistake.
Of course it was. This is why it became legal. They based their decision on the 14 amendment. That's just a fact. The current court can't just say former justices were wrong on how they interpreted the constitution differently. They would have to discuss the 14 amendment. Do we all not have privacy rights or not.

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
You have no way of knowing that. Forcing a 13 year old to carry a baby to term is not medically sound.
Well, like it or not, many people in this forum would quite strongly support any law forcing a 13 year old or younger to carry full term. If her doctor says she isn't mature enough to safely do that then give her a Caesarian in the 7th or 8th month.

609 posts, read 303,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Yup, red state problems.

As much as I'm (shocker) not a giant fan of murdering teh babies, I'm an even smaller fan of supporting someone else's unwanted babies. Predominantly it's a red state women's issue if Roe vs. Wade gets overturned. There's enough of 'em and a few men on a similar page that if they decide to want access to birth control, morning after pill, abortions, sexual education, government funded prenatal care, requirement that heal insurance cover delivery costs, they can keep those things. If they don't want them they can watch them go away. It seems not great to me but who am I to tell them what they should want?
Many of those babies will grow up to be productive citizens whose lives have value and dignity.

It's a shame you see them all as liabilities on a balance sheet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies