Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2022, 01:47 PM

29,464 posts, read 14,639,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
'especially the most vulnerable'

they always have to get that in there.

the bolded is hard to believe, knowing how poorly the average US student performs compared to kids in singapore, finland, china, korea, etc.

https://archive.ph/EfjYU#selection-613.0-625.297
What a shame, our students fall even further behind...it's almost like our country is in a race to the bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 01:51 PM

9,741 posts, read 11,159,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
What a shame, our students fall even further behind...it's almost like our country is in a race to the bottom.
Luckily, high performers from other countries are coming to the USA to live and work. If they didn't, we would be screwed.

Old 09-07-2022, 02:01 PM

1,065 posts, read 597,490 times
Eyeroll. Nothing was erased. Most kids will catch up.

Wallowing in pandemic excuses as pontified by whiner parents will be a self-fulfilling prophecy, stupifying their kids for life. And when they all grow up, the other kids whose parents didn't underestimate the resilience and brilliance of the human mind, will be in charge. The kids masking up and getting vaccinations in spite of whiner parents are probably gonna do well in life, too.

Old 09-07-2022, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
But what that same subset ignores is, as stated, the number of studies that say masks have minimal effectiveness. That N95 masks stop particles of X nanomicrons and Covid was 10x or more smaller than those. That Fauci himself also said that exact thing - that masking wouldn't be effective against a virus when he said "Don't wear a mask"....that's WHY he said it.
By the way, it's nanometers or microns. Fauci said "masks don't work" to protect run-on masks. And he is on camera saying he didn't regret lying. What an ass-clown for lying!

Here are 49 studies that discuss why masks help.
https://www.kxan.com/news/coronaviru...n-why-they-do/

Here are 150 claiming that they don't work. https://centerforneurologyandspine.c...studies-below/

Someone is right, and someone is wrong. So click on the links of whatever you want to believe.

con·fir·ma·tion bi·as

noun
The tendency to interpret new evidence as confirmation of one's existing beliefs or theories.

Coming from a guy who called something a "nanomicrons". Can we agree this topic is above your paygrade?

Old 09-07-2022, 02:07 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,740,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
"One and done" referred to the one dose initial series. Where did J&J claim no boosters would ever be needed?

What "people"?

I notice you ignored my request to name the "experts" who did not think boosters would be needed.
One and DONE

Old 09-07-2022, 02:09 PM

3,113 posts, read 938,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN-Born-n-Raised View Post
Fauci said "masks don't work" to protect run-on masks. And he is on camera saying he didn't regret lying. What an ass-clown for lying!
This is what Fauci claimed. However, he was lying even then. Official guidelines were cloth masks. There was never a risk of shortage of those for HCW as our HCW don't wear cloth masks as a form of PPE. Fauci could have said cloth masks work without any fear of a run on our PPE, but he didn't. He said they didn't work [the masks you typically find in the drugstore aka cloth and/or surgical masks].

What's more, when Fauci pivoted to "masks work", he was promoting cloth masks not n95. He even once suggested to double cloth mask, and he was seen on TV wearing 2 cloth masks.

Most people knew then that n95 was the best, but they were not promoted by the CDC or Fauci until maybe the end of 2021.

Old 09-07-2022, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
One and DONE
If J&J put their tagline "DONE" in capital letters, you might be on something. But they didn't. So you don't get to change their intentions. Now if the other vaccines said " Two and you are THROUGH!", then I'm with you.

Old 09-07-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post
This is what Fauci claimed. However, he was lying even then. Official guidelines were cloth masks. There was never a risk of shortage of those for HCW as our HCW don't wear cloth masks as a form of PPE. Fauci could have said cloth masks work without any fear of a run on our PPE, but he didn't. He said they didn't work [the masks you typically find in the drugstore aka cloth and/or surgical masks].

What's more, when Fauci pivoted to "masks work", he was promoting cloth masks not n95. He even once suggested to double cloth mask, and he was seen on TV wearing 2 cloth masks.

Most people knew then that n95 was the best, but they were not promoted by the CDC or Fauci until maybe the end of 2021.
I'm on record calling Fauci a blatant liar the moment he said that lie. Including that dumb Pence hired surgeon general. Neither could be that stupid.

Early on, I got some N95's from my dentist daughter. I was baking them to get the static charge back (recommended per the inventor of the N95).

Cloth masks were only good to reduce huge particles and only good for short durations. We all know that. Some non-technical types assumed that meant masks are all worthless. What a leap! We agree that it was a complete waste of time in the classroom. Combine that with the fact that kids rebounded so quickly if they got COVID the whole topic was guided by emotions and politics.

Over time, I bought about 300, N95's for my wife and I (I gave some to our son too as they were allocated in the ER room). Once Omicron became dominate, I stopped wearing masks. Now, I still have a 100 of them that I can sell you. lol

Old 09-07-2022, 02:33 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eyebee Teepee View Post
for somebody with no opinion, you sure are posting a lot on the topic.

Oh wait, you're giving us all your educated opinion that "kids will recover it all (any day now)".
I am responding to people who are claiming I have said things I have not, including "kids will recover it all".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
I said: Suzy (and other posters) has said that if (big IF) boosters were needed it most likely wouldn't be for a long time.

Suzy said:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/61058477-post3516.html
I said, "It is not even a sure thing that they [boosters] will be [needed], yet."

That was in May 2021, when no one was sure if and when boosters would be needed. The one year bit was optimistic, as it turns out, but there was no way to know for sure at that time.

Quote:
I said: Suzy has said, along with our doofus president & Fauci, that if you got vaccinated, you wouldn't get or transmit covid.

Suzy said:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/60666565-post191.html
I provided a source that supported what I said at that time, February, 2021

Quote:
I'll be back with the "breakthrough infections are rare" link. I have a life.

On second thought, I don't need to because you just admitted it.
What do you want to bet that it will be another "at that time" post?

Old 09-07-2022, 02:33 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,488,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfricanSunset View Post

And N95 masks had a warning back then that people who have asthma or other breathing issues should not wear them because they would hinder breathing. After the mask mandate started, the new ones had the warning removed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies