Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2022, 06:46 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,791,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
LOL.. Biden was the senator from Delaware for years. Does anybody really think he could have been re elected once if he was against businesses.

It's BS. Just another white man whining. They forget a rising tide lifts all boats. His boat will not sink because someone else catches the tide.
This is one of many meaningless catch phrases I hear a lot. I don't know why people keep regurgitating them. Rising tide does not lifts all boats. The poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2022, 07:14 PM

25,775 posts, read 18,840,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
If you believe the left will destroy the country why are Canada and Europe not destroyed?
Uhhh... they are. Both of them. Well, besides a couple of nations in eastern Europe who give the rest the middle finger most of the time.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:19 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
This is one of many meaningless catch phrases I hear a lot. I don't know why people keep regurgitating them. Rising tide does not lifts all boats. The poor are getting poorer and the rich are getting richer.
The middle class is sure disappearing. Wonder why? Might it be our crazy tax laws?

Then there are the businesses the taxpayer subsidizes.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:24 PM

15,946 posts, read 12,297,747 times
The decay will be gradual and take a generation to fully manifest unless there is some sudden event to accelerate things.

It takes time to groom children in schools and have them grow up to carry the new values. It takes time for liberal prosecutors to go soft on crime increasing crime rates in cities which then goes on to encourage more crime as people see there's no punishment for crime. It takes time for the millions of illegals to flood in, get welfare, and take up all the housing and rental space, much less for the rich to keep buying up all the residential real estate.

It won't happen overnight. The pandemic response backfired on them and people got pandemic fatigue, at least out by me they did. I'm generally pleased that you can't even tell covid happened out by me, that people did not embrace the authoritarian mandates our overlords tried to implement.

I think everything will probably turn out okay in the end. There is always generational drama that goes on constantly throughout the history of our species. Everyone alive thinks the world is coming to an end, their generation is special, the young people will destroy everything. Life goes on. Even if the US falls, and it will fall eventually, no empire lasts forever, another will take it's place. Life goes on....

Old 11-10-2022, 07:32 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post

That is because of government interference and the federal reserve. Not because there are rich people

Old 11-10-2022, 07:35 PM

30,181 posts, read 11,815,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisC View Post
Uhhh... they are. Both of them. Well, besides a couple of nations in eastern Europe who give the rest the middle finger most of the time.

They are not destroyed. They just have too many taxes and a little less freedom than us.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:38 PM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
That is probably correct. But some on here say the left wants to turn us into Cuba. The majority of wealthy people in the US are Democrats. They have a higher comfort level with taxes than Republicans but they don't all their money confiscated by the government. And they are the big democrat donors so what they want counts.
The reason that truly wealthy people don't care about taxes is that 99% of their wealth is in assets that are protected from any kind of taxation.

Many of them don't even have a salary. They live in a different world than most people do.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:48 PM

1 posts, read 307 times
I wouldn't want to be like Europe or Canada. Both those places have even more problems then the US does. Canada has a housing bubble that is even larger then the US housing bubble and today there were protests all over the EU regarding cost of living and energy prices.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:54 PM

7,682 posts, read 5,533,957 times
How can a country be free when women aren’t allowed to have control over their own bodies?

Old 11-10-2022, 08:51 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,402,861 times
Thank you Oklazona for asking I'll try to answer this the best I can but it is complex and to fully show proof I'd have to link several videos and news links which I have been told by the mods there is a limit how many you can post in one given thread. It is like a puzzle that once enough pieces come together you start to see the picture, sometimes the pieces are obvious sometimes they are subtle. I have not read the Levin article you linked yet but on just the surface I agree with it.

First off most other western nations do not have the freedom the U.S.A has especially in terms of free speech, and their citizens have long been conditioned to accept that , now that conditioning seems to be being pushed in the U.S as well. Many western nations have long had censorship , in Britain many open racial and immigration talk we do here you could be fined or arrested for "disturbing the harmony" but that often silences truth also, and let's not forget that woke is in Europe also now where a feminist questioning trans in women sports can be fined or arrested. Or the fact that Canada used government to fine, intimidate and confiscate truckers and farmers for pushing back against mandatory COVID vaccines or that Australia used police brutality and forced quarantine camps.

Polls listing ranks of freedom is subjective, someone in European country might say that "free" healthcare ranks high on the freedom list, but in the same country if you say transgender men shouldn't be in women's lockers you can be fined, well that's not much civil freedom of speech is it?

I don't view you as my enemy even if we don't agree on some things. I have stated several times that in this day in age in American politics there is a difference between a Democrat, a liberal and the far left. It is the far left I have a issue with. People like Bill Mayer , Elon Musk, Tulsi Gabbard and others who have always considered themselves Democrat or slight left of center agree with that assessment. However typical of far left extremists, the far left attack them now and call them Russian agents and such. Anyone who believes in free speech doesn't want censorship or echo chambers, because you will never be fully informed or educated otherwise, and it is the far left that want censorship, Biden even tried to enact a bureau of information in the DHS to fight so called "disinformation" but that is really government trying to control information and free speech.

I have to do this response in two parts, next I will try to go step by step to show how the American far left are indeed Marxist in nature and are pushing us toward authoritarian not unlike Cuba, Venezuela, the USSR and most of all like China. It is all in history past and present to see the similarities. Next segment coming to explain this.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies