Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2009, 06:25 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You are splitting hairs. Why dont you agknowledge that the dems are keeping the blacks down in the poverty level, handing them scraps and promising more welfare if only they would vote for them? Oh thats right...Democrats take a dim view on self reliance..
My issue is not with the message but with the messenger and many of the posters in this forum are the messengers that Black People don't like. If you want to woo a woman you shouldn't wear a T Shirt saying I have a serious STD. Many of the WingNut posters in this forum are the Syphilis of Political decorum. Go back to the campaign and think about all the efforts to play race and if you still can't figure it out, oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2009, 06:31 PM

31,683 posts, read 41,057,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
I was not at any Palin rallies as I do not support her unAmerican policies. I also do not support Obamas because of his unAmerican policies.

I also did not hear from the media concerning racists comments being shouted by the crowd.
Ok you have shared with us your use of news resources what can I say and what can lurkers conclude?
palin ralies racism - Google Search

The above is a Google link to help you become more media experienced.
savy - Google Search

YouTube - More Racism at a Palin Rally in PA

Old 05-21-2009, 06:39 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDude View Post
Blacks have been voting for Democrats at high percentages (up to 90%) for at the least the last 40 years, but they have seen little improvement in their communities ( in some cases total deterioration) . In cities like Oakland, CA for example, (run by democrats) you have some of the highest high school dropout rates and crime rates in the country.

My question is, do Democrats actually care about the demographic that consistently votes for them?

Are they doing this on purpose? Because it really seems so. To go 40 years voting for a party and have little to show for it would probably make me question my voting patterns.

Discuss.
they should be very, very loyal to the dems, you'd be very disappointed as the republicon that you are if the democratic party didn't take a strong stand during the civil rights era and consequently lose the south for 40 years. Without the dems standing up for black civil rights how many republicons would've gotten elected since the 60's?

the dems would never have lost the south for 40 years.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:08 PM

1,054 posts, read 2,156,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
they should be very, very loyal to the dems, you'd be very disappointed as the republicon that you are if the democratic party didn't take a strong stand during the civil rights era and consequently lose the south for 40 years. Without the dems standing up for black civil rights how many republicons would've gotten elected since the 60's?

the dems would never have lost the south for 40 years.
What are you talking about guy?

I'm talking about the destruction democrats have wrought on the black community with their policies and your talking about something else entirely.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:15 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,314,857 times
Quote:
Blacks have been voting for Democrats at high percentages (up to 90%) for at the least the last 40 years, but they have seen little improvement in their communities ( in some cases total deterioration) . In cities like Oakland, CA for example, (run by democrats) you have some of the highest high school dropout rates and crime rates in the country.

My question is, do Democrats actually care about the demographic that consistently votes for them?

Are they doing this on purpose? Because it really seems so. To go 40 years voting for a party and have little to show for it would probably make me question my voting patterns.

Discuss.

This is a nonsensical post. The same thing can be said about poor whites and Republicans, so what's your point? The fact is, no member of the working class; white, black, Asian, Latino or Native American, is best served by either the Democrats or Republicans. The working class needs to look more to the Left for representation: The Green party(USA) or the Social Democratic party. These two parties will do a better job at protecting the interests of the working class.

Old 05-21-2009, 08:40 PM

2,417 posts, read 3,563,870 times
Quote:

I'm talking about the destruction democrats have wrought on the black community with their policies and your talking about something else entirely.
actually you're just trolling.

Old 05-21-2009, 10:51 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Ok you have shared with us your use of news resources what can I say and what can lurkers conclude?
palin ralies racism - Google Search

The above is a Google link to help you become more media experienced.
savy - Google Search
I took the comment to mean a crowd of people not a couple of idiots.

Old 05-21-2009, 11:23 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,850,341 times
Why do republicans treat all minorities so bad?

Old 05-22-2009, 12:17 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,426,558 times
Quote:
Not true at all.

Black folks won't even give them a chance.

The RNC chairman is also black guy. Its clear that the republicans are making an effort to change their image tokenism or not.
I ask, why should they? There is no resonance with what they say. They don't understand the demographics, and make bufoons of themselves everytime. I'm biracial, and out of curiousity went to a MCCain/Palin rally. They did nothing but reaffirm my beliefs that they just don't get it (on so many fronts/washed out ideas, and old ideals). Talk about name calling, and some racists in the crowd.
I made a video of that event.

Although a bit extreme, a friend of mine (100% caucasian) said he wished that whole generation disappeared, and let the country move ahead. He made a great point. Many of that generation and lots of old Republicans are a dying breed. Things are changing. About damn time.

Don't get me started on Michael Steele. He's just a desperate stunt from the Republicans. Why was he not there years ago? Why after the election of Obama? People are not stupid, you know. I've heard Blacks say they prefer Bush over Steele. At least they know Bush for who and what he is. Steele is a spineless, puppet. A distraction so to speak. Did anyone hear his weak speach yesterday? Pathetic.
The Republicans are not trying to make an effort, they're out of ideas and desperate. Let them eat themselves, I say!!
Rush vs Steele. I wish they kept spatting...I had my popcorn ready.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
democrats don't treat blacks badly, they use them to get into office. repblicans do the same thing with bible thumpers.
Exactly, that's just politics.

Quote:
Once again you help clarify why the Republican big tent is collapsing under the weight of a segment of its membership. You have no idea about me or my beliefs on race and yet you can castigate me based on? I am reacting to your wording and the basic nature of this thread which to me seemed intended to stir up racial issues. Again some believe in diversity and some believe in divisiveness. What say ye?

The many threads and discussion in this and related forums during the primary and general elections and the time after it have or haven't contributed to the raising of the big tent in the Republican Party. I really wonder if Hispanics are feeling the love these days.

GOP: A Permanent Minority Party? | Red County
Among the 28 percent of voters who now identify as Republican or Republican-leaning, 68 percent identify themselves as conservative.

In other words, the RINOs have fled the party.
The above is from the link
Need some more?
GOP Losses Span Nearly All Demographic Groups
PRINCETON, NJ -- The decline in Republican Party affiliation among Americans in recent years is well documented, but a Gallup analysis now shows that this movement away from the GOP has occurred among nearly every major demographic subgroup. Since the first year of George W. Bush's presidency in 2001, the Republican Party has maintained its support only among frequent churchgoers, with conservatives and senior citizens showing minimal decline
The above is from the link

Again perhaps it is not the positions that challenge the Republican party but the personality of some of the fringo wing.
Good Links, and well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
You are splitting hairs. Why dont you agknowledge that the dems are keeping the blacks down in the poverty level, handing them scraps and promising more welfare if only they would vote for them? Oh thats right...Democrats take a dim view on self reliance..
Another desperate attempt of what Reps do well. Divide and Conquer . People aren't blind. It is up to these people to elevate themselves and communities. That's not the job of a political party. These issues are not things a political party can solve. Issues these communities have to solve themselves.
And that sounds racist and demeaning to assume they vote to get more welfare checks and scraps, and not policies that would benefit them for the long run.

Quote:
My issue is not with the message but with the messenger and many of the posters in this forum are the messengers that Black People don't like. If you want to woo a woman you shouldn't wear a T Shirt saying I have a serious STD. Many of the WingNut posters in this forum are the Syphilis of Political decorum. Go back to the campaign and think about all the efforts to play race and if you still can't figure it out, oh well.

Quote:

Look at the patterns. How many Dems have been in office in the last 30 years? If you want to play the blame game, point your finger in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badger View Post
actually you're just trolling.
Exactly, a troll imho.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:40 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,426,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamexican View Post
Why do republicans treat all minorities so bad?

It's not that they treat minorities bad. It's that they have always been out of touch with them, and cannot relate to them. Nothing they say resonates with most minority crowds.

They resonate with the poor, uneducated whites because they let them hear what they want to hear. Same as the poor black and latino communities, these republicans have communities they exploit more. (Poor whites, Bible thumpers, etc). It's all politics.

They have crowds that want to hear them, and so forth. Look at what's going on now, how hate groups and hate forums are flourishing because Obama is president, and the economy.

Now ask yourself, who are these new members? Where are they from?
Maybe Palin/Joe the Plumber, Ignorant types....(not to generalize, but there is a pattern. I wont say McCain, as I think he's one of the few decent Republicans; he just got blindsighted by his campaign managers and so forth. They did a job on him, poor chap ). I still respect McCain.

They need an outlet for their loss of the election, loss of jobs, blaming minorities, and threads like these etc). Let them vent, let them put their feet in their mouths and ask later on why the younth, educated and non, black, hispanics, other nationalities (foreing born) U.S. citizens, gays, liberal whites, young and old jews, etc don't vote for them.

Like TuborgP stated, you have many here that are the Syphilis of Political Decorum. I say the Herpes of Political Decorum...A giant, visible, red wart ready to burst.

By the way, BayDude, I think McCain got booed because AA's remembered him very well for not voting for MLK as a national holiday. That more than anything else. He even acknowledged being a poor choice for voting against it. Too little, too late. Again, an example of Republican usually not understanding others. They just don't get it.

In one of his stand ups, Chris Rock said about whites, complaining about (losing) this country.

"If white folks are losing, then who's winning?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies